Two Chinese nabbed for stealing bags at Suvarnabhumi airport

webfact

Two Chinese nabbed for stealing bags at Suvarnabhumi airport

big_15413170775bdea1d55cc3b.jpg

Picture: BEC Tero

BANGKOK, 5th November 2018 (NNT) – Two Chinese tourists have been arrested at Suvarnabhumi international airport as they were leaving Thailand with luggage stolen from other passengers. 

Suvarnabhumi airport police apprehended Li Tze Yueng, 35, and Lou Jieying, 22, at the airport on Saturday (November 3) as they were waiting for their flight to Hong Kong. 

Mr Li is a Canadian citizen of Chinese origin, while Ms Lou is a Chinese from mainland China. 

The arrest followed a complaint filed by an American with airport police. She said she could not find her travel bag after arriving in the Bangkok’s airport and waiting for the luggage at a conveyor belt for incoming passengers. 

Police checked CCTV footages at the baggage claim area and other locations inside Suvarnabhumi and found the two suspects loading a number of bags on their carts before leaving the airport. 

The owners of the luggage were contacted by police and they confirmed the bags found with the suspects were theirs, police added. 

Police also took them to a hotel in Ratchathewi area to search their room and found more bags stolen from a Thai tourist returning to Thailand from South Korea.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-11-05

49 minutes ago, khunbillmex said:

"...as they were leaving Thailand with luggage stolen from other passengers. "

Let me get this right - so they steal the bags in the arrival hall (how did they get in there?) and then go upstairs to departure where they check-in for a flight to HKG with all the stolen bags which presumably will make them over limit thus incurring excess bag fees. Hopefully the contents of the bags outweigh the cost of extra the extra bags. If not then these gentlemen need to rethink their business plan.

I think they stole the bags on the way in. They were identified within 24 hours from CCTV footage and entry data. Then they were arrested on their way out, presumably several days later, as their passports were flagged. That is why there were more stolen bags found in downtown Bangkok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markaoffy said:

These Chinese were aware that other countries don’t use the system in their own thieving airports ! In many airport luggage collection bags are checked against the receipt you’re issued with !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

A sensible and foolproof system, and therefore not for Thailand.

• Haha 1

I once caught Chinese tourists stealing my suitcase, thought nothing of out since they were elderly. You should always keep your bag receipt just incase and if You ever see people tearing the airline ticket off of the bags right away they should be suspect.

5 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

The quality tourists they want more of.

The behavior of Chinese tourists is a problem wherever they go. Their government is aware of this and is setting up this system (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Credit_System) It will take generations to educate people. Good luck to the Chinese government.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1