Two Chinese nabbed for stealing bags at Suvarnabhumi airport

webfact

4 hours ago, roo860 said:

So the Chinese were leaving Thailand, and the police went to their hotel?

Yes of course, good job they did, now they will have a free stay in Bangkok remand center, and Bangkok Hilton both 5 star hotels so they say.

5 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Apart from clothes and the like, what did they expect to find. Any traveller packing valuable items in their main luggage must be pretty stupid. Thats what carry on bags are for.

they specifically targeted rimowa luggage that can be be resold second hand 30-50,000 baht a piece

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YetAnother said:

these near comical photo ops are like much about thailand; all about show

This is exactly what each individual is looking forward too. They look more like a bunch of clowns to me.

So glad they are caught.

What they do is despicable and their names should be publish in all newspapers in HK and China.

So plain evil.

More often than not they steal people's memories and personal items which money cannot buy.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

What is 'a' Chinese ?? Chinese takeaway ??

Canadian is more certainly a chinese from Hong Kong who gain citizenship in the many ways Canada offer citizenship to Hong Kongers - ie..invest and but property in Canada. 

Chinese citizen ? IN any case they should be both cantonese and from the pearl river delta where Cantonese are.

• Sad 1

It's always a big worry that someone will try to steal my suitcase when I arrive at any airport. Good to hear they are taking these kind of crimes seriously in Thailand. 

• Like 1

At LAX the bad guys or girls would spot you and then follow yo into the toilet watching to see if you went into a stall. They then watch your feet as you turn away from the door where you have hung your bag they would reach overtaking it. Out the door handing the bag off to their helper who would place it in a larger bag, then disappear into the airport. 

Eventually they caught the thieves searched their homes and found 55 gal. drums filled with perfum bottles after shave bottles, cameras, laptops and you name it that travellers carry

• Like 1

A post in violation of the following has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Two of the finest tourists. 

Not only Chinese. 

But Chinese Canadian..

Does that make it only half as bad?

It must be the Canadian influence on the Chinese part.

A true Chinese would never do such a thing. 

At least the airport security cameras work, so it seems.

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2018 at 1:57 AM, YetAnother said:

these near comical photo ops are like much about thailand; all about show

I was just going to say - these Thai police tv shows are amazing - quite unique, I think. So many police in them.