My Avatar

JacknDanny

keep it or bin it  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And I prefer your old avatar Grover but as to moi being an immature adolescent? It's what you write that counts not the avatar...people choose avatars for different reasons we can have a "Why Did You Choose Your Avatar? ", "Is My Avatar Cool?"poll.The vanity of some people, come on.

Its slightly funny and original.

I dont think I said you are an immature adolescent, its just the association that springs to mind when I see the image. I made this association because I think I tried something like this once or twice.

The thing about avatars is without even reading a single post, people can make a judgment. With a striking avatar, in once brief glance a whole series of associations will come up, perhaps in a more potent way than 500 posts could.

Grover, you must have a lovely life with very little to worry about, other than superficial impressions.

<snip>

It's very easy to make a small leap from this social forum into society's "forum" and imagine how you may behave in everyday life to people / things and the pictures / words that you "associate "with them. You are a little bit of a worry!

We make these associations in spite of ourselves. For example, if I see an old scraggly homeless looking man I might immediately associate that image with the idea of a penniless alcho/bum & feelings of sympathy, pity, etc.

Or if I see a policeman in uniform in LOS I might immediately have another set of associations. If I see a person wearing a mask that depicts a pig with a wiggling snout I might have feelings of amusement/disgust, etc. All this happens just by looking and without even knowing the person. Its more subtle than name calling.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm surprised you have the luxury of having a poll about it. I've had two much more innocuous avatars pulled by the powers-that-be before. Neither of them was sexual in nature, but some morally righteous prigs objected to them and I was obliged to change them.

Re yours; mildly amusing and certainly not offensive. What's the problem? Has someone complained?

yes that was a bit of a bad joke was'nt it bendix.?

i must say i really liked that dude with the glasses. :D

some people lack any sort of humour dont they. :o

In view of a recent comment made to me about my avatar, saying it offended as it looked like an insatiable farang, I have decided to let the people decide.

The Avatar I thought was funny and original and is motor related (Mitsubishi/Honda)

Please give me your views and I will abide by the majority decision

hey,

i love it jack and its a real cracker mate, dont know what the bother is, except to say that some people have no sense of humour at all. :bah:

keep up the good work mate.

there is one thing that bothers me mate? :D

those &lt;deleted&gt; knees of yours must be nearly ready to give way. :o:D :D

I had a simular avatar but with car parts and this was removed by the mod's. Upon seeing his avatar I complained with the mod's why he can have one and I cant. Bitching?! Maybe, I didn't complain, just challanged the mod's. So when he makes a poll than I can only think of what has happened.

I made a poll as another member stated he was offended as it looked like an insatiable farang :D

I just could not understand those sentiments, hence the reason why I wanted other peoples views :bah:

In view of a recent comment made to me about my avatar, saying it offended as it looked like an insatiable farang, I have decided to let the people decide.

The Avatar I thought was funny and original and is motor related (Mitsubishi/Honda)

hey,

i love it jack and its a real cracker mate, dont know what the bother is, except to say that some people have no sense of humour at all. :bah:

Hey Terry

We hear that you've been practising the J and D technigue to use on your 'special friends' down Soi Rambuttri in May :D

cricky's dave,

my knees are like arnold swartzensnagers arms . :bah:

hey,

I had a simular avatar but with car parts and this was removed by the mod's. Upon seeing his avatar I complained with the mod's why he can have one and I cant. Bitching?! Maybe, I didn't complain, just challanged the mod's. So when he makes a poll than I can only think of what has happened.

I made a poll as another member stated he was offended as it looked like an insatiable farang :D

I just could not understand those sentiments, hence the reason why I wanted other peoples views :o

dont worry about it jack,

as there's always someone on this forum having a good cry for some pathetic reason. :bah:

id love to show you my inbox , you'd have a stroke laughing at some of the sad dudes. ;)

I'm surprised you have the luxury of having a poll about it. I've had two much more innocuous avatars pulled by the powers-that-be before. Neither of them was sexual in nature, but some morally righteous prigs objected to them and I was obliged to change them.

Re yours; mildly amusing and certainly not offensive. What's the problem? Has someone complained?

Yeh, I also tried the avatar "shut the F#ck up" geezer with glasses, but I was politely asked to remove it on its first day :o

With my present one .......another member (male) stated he found it offensive. Obviously I disagreed but I wanted to make sure I wasnt being insensitive.

Happily the poll bears out what I thought and I am particularly happy that the people whom I like on this forum, including some of the ladies, have NOT been offended by it :D

hey,

those &lt;deleted&gt; knees of yours must be nearly ready to give way. :D :D :bah:

I just could not understand those sentiments, hence the reason why I wanted other peoples views ;)

as there's always someone on this forum having a good cry for some pathetic reason. :o

id love to show you my inbox , you'd have a stroke laughing at some of the sad dudes. :D

Thank god forum rules spare us that.

:o

some people lack any sort of humour dont they. :D

Terry Bear, do you know who that is in Bendix's avatar? :o

hey,

those &lt;deleted&gt; knees of yours must be nearly ready to give way. :o:D:bah:

I just could not understand those sentiments, hence the reason why I wanted other peoples views ;)

as there's always someone on this forum having a good cry for some pathetic reason. :o

id love to show you my inbox , you'd have a stroke laughing at some of the sad dudes. :D

Thanks mate,.

Just trying to be 'politically correct'.

Didnt want to offend people unneccessarily :D

Go on give us a look at that inbox

Dont care about the Wosers Jack I love it...

your a bit behind the game jet,

as im talking about bendix's old avatar, but i must tell you stalin liked it as well. :D

We make these associations in spite of ourselves. For example, if I see an old scraggly homeless looking man I might immediately associate that image with the idea of a penniless alcho/bum & feelings of sympathy, pity, etc.

Or if I see a policeman in uniform in LOS I might immediately have another set of associations. If I see a person wearing a mask that depicts a pig with a wiggling snout I might have feelings of amusement/disgust, etc. All this happens just by looking and without even knowing the person. Its more subtle than name calling.

Mmmm. Perhaps in spite of ourselves. I'll take your advice and move on...

JnD - don't change your avatar, it's good.

I didn't put much thought in to mine....just the first "pumpui" guy I came across.

both of mine havent needed much to think about....they are just perfect :D especially the current one :D actually :D the previous one is too....those that dont remember it you can view it here

Clever. :D

However, soccer just dosn't do it for me. Burnsie has a great avatar :o

hey,

i love it jack and its a real cracker mate, dont know what the bother is, except to say that some people have no sense of humour at all. :D

those &lt;deleted&gt; knees of yours must be nearly ready to give way. :o

I made a poll as another member stated he was offended as it looked like an insatiable farang

I just could not understand those sentiments, hence the reason why I wanted other peoples views

as there's always someone on this forum having a good cry for some pathetic reason. :D

id love to show you my inbox , you'd have a stroke laughing at some of the sad dudes. :bah:

Thanks mate,.

Just trying to be 'politically correct'.

Didnt want to offend people unneccessarily :D

Go on give us a look at that inbox

id love to show you my inbox, but you'd end up in bumungrad hospital on a heart lung machine.

the old ticker would not handle the laughter. :bah:

Jack, the problem is that we mods need to draw a line, thaivisa isn't a sleazy thai forum.

I removed a members avatar today that lived on the other side of that line, yours is directly above the line. It makes a statement, one car manufacturer f***s another and I find it quite clever, but if we allow it where does that leave the line?

As far as TV is concerned no sexual content is allowed (some gets through, us mods are not robots, we need atleast 15 minutes sleep a day) and your avatar is definately sexual in nature.

We have removed two of your previous avatars due to their sexual implications, it would be good if you volunteered to change this one too, a great show of faith and thanks to the people who pay for tv.com.

Best and all that,

tuky

Jack, the problem is that we mods need to draw a line, thaivisa isn't a sleazy thai forum.

I removed a members avatar today that lived on the other side of that line, yours is directly above the line. It makes a statement, one car manufacturer f***s another and I find it quite clever, but if we allow it where does that leave the line?

As far as TV is concerned no sexual content is allowed (some gets through, us mods are not robots, we need atleast 15 minutes sleep a day) and your avatar is definately sexual in nature.

We have removed two of your previous avatars due to their sexual implications, it would be good if you volunteered to change this one too, a great show of faith and thanks to the people who pay for tv.com.

Best and all that,

tuky

tuky, I think you are confusing me with someone else.

I have NOT had any avatars removed before.

I was advised on one (which was non-sexual) which I happily removed

Your current one is the right colour Miss MiG ... just one thing wrong ... :o

yes I know Dave...to protect your privacy I had to cut off your face...even from the back side ..just incase someone recognised you :D

both of mine havent needed much to think about....they are just perfect :D especially the current one :bah: actually :D the previous one is too....those that dont remember it you can view it here

Clever. :D

However, soccer just dosn't do it for me. Burnsie has a great avatar :o

soccer is the new aussie national dessert?? :D

I personally prefer kinder buono with my football game :bah:

Here's an avatar good for annoying people who are rather soooo easily annoyed... :D

post-32068-1171598807.gifpost-32068-1171598807.gifpost-32068-1171598807.gif

Gratis. You're welcome. :o

ironic the foundation would create something likely to prompt seizures...

....and it's much ado about nothing, jack. The poster mentioned in your OP completely missed the boat in his assessment of it.

Edited by sriracha john

Best and all that,

tuky

:D:D who me? :o mr innocent :D

Best and all that,

tuky

:D:bah: who me? :o mr innocent :D

:D:D