My Avatar

JacknDanny

keep it or bin it  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In view of a recent comment made to me about my avatar, saying it offended as it looked like an insatiable farang, I have decided to let the people decide.

The Avatar I thought was funny and original and is motor related (Mitsubishi/Honda)

Please give me your views and I will abide by the majority decision

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't like it.

It makes me feel that you are likely to be aggressive in nature, and it makes me feel uncomfortable. It also makes me think that you must be a Pattaya person (nothing wrong with that, please don't attack me Brit!) Of course, I now know that you are a decent chap with interesting posts and thus your avatar helps to easily notice you. But initially it gave me a bad impression, and first impressions sometimes count.

I don't think that you should change it though. It's up to you, and it is original.

I voted "offensive" only because I find animated avatars annoying. Same with all the lame emoticons. When I come across a moving avatar I quickly scroll down the screen to get rid of it, reminds me of having a child pulling at my sleeve when I am trying to read a book.

I voted "offensive" only because I find animated avatars annoying. Same with all the lame emoticons. When I come across a moving avatar I quickly scroll down the screen to get rid of it, reminds me of having a child pulling at my sleeve when I am trying to read a book.

Hit the ESC key, that will stop the animation.

It does not offend me.

But I often estimate the age of a person by his/her avatar and I first pigeon-holed you at aged between 18-24 due to the copulation-animation style of your avatar.

Since I have read your posts, I have realised that you are more senior.

Avatars are important. They should be chosen with the same care and attention as you would visit upon choosing a tailor or cobbler.

its offensive but in a very creative way. so id say go ahead and keep it. yeh you got my permission :o

theres far more offensive stuff going on on this forum (or anywhere else) anyhow :D

It does not offend me.

But I often estimate the age of a person by his/her avatar and I first pigeon-holed you at aged between 18-24 due to the copulation-animation style of your avatar.

Avatars are important. They should be chosen with the same care and attention as you would visit upon choosing a tailor or cobbler.

He's tapping the drum with his knees ?

Jeez I'm getting old !

its offensive but in a very creative way. so id say go ahead and keep it. yeh you got my permission :o

theres far more offensive stuff going on on this forum (or anywhere else) anyhow :D

I am especially happy that you said that MiG16, as you are female and the last thing I want to do is offend :D

I owe you a chocolate or two :D

It does not offend me.

He's tapping the drum with his knees ?

Jeez I'm getting old !

Surely, at first glance, the animation is meant to resemble some sort of sexual act? The rhythmic thrusting of the figurine's pelvis is insinuating more than a knee-knocking exercise?

I don't think you are getting old 'farangsay' just exposing your innocence.

I raised a question on your avatar in another topic:

I guess you put quite some effort into the creation of your avatar and are trying to convey a message with it, but try as I might it escapes me. A humanoid with the logo of a Japanese car manufacturer as a head banging a box with the logo of another Japanese car manufacturer against his knees.

av-15680.gif

What is it supposed to signify?

Having received no answer from you I reserve my opinion on your avatar except to say that I continue to find it puzzling, if not rather silly.

--

Maestro

I raised a question on your avatar in another topic:
I guess you put quite some effort into the creation of your avatar and are trying to convey a message with it, but try as I might it escapes me. A humanoid with the logo of a Japanese car manufacturer as a head banging a box with the logo of another Japanese car manufacturer against his knees.

av-15680.gif

What is it supposed to signify?

Having received no answer from you I reserve my opinion on your avatar except to say that I continue to find it puzzling, if not rather silly.

--

Maestro

Sorry Maestro, I missed the previous post.

I didnt 'create' the logo, I just found it on one of the avatar web sites.

I guess its saying that Mitsubishi is far better than Honda :o

I didnt really psycho- analyse it, just thought it looked funny :D

Slightly irritating at first but now i'm used to it. No where near as bad as PATTAYAPUNTER.

IMO I find jasreeve17's pig avatar the most annoying.

I concur.

In view of a recent comment made to me about my avatar, saying it offended as it looked like an insatiable farang, I have decided to let the people decide.

The Avatar I thought was funny and original and is motor related (Mitsubishi/Honda)

Please give me your views and I will abide by the majority decision

hey,

i love it jack and its a real cracker mate, dont know what the bother is, except to say that some people have no sense of humour at all. :D

keep up the good work mate.

there is one thing that bothers me mate? :D

those <deleted> knees of yours must be nearly ready to give way. :o:D :D

Slightly irritating at first but now i'm used to it. No where near as bad as PATTAYAPUNTER.

IMO I find jasreeve17's pig avatar the most annoying.

I concur.

OMG, I totally agree with Grover on all counts. :o Didn't vote, JD, as I wanted to say slightly annoying, like most moving targets except the two penguins. But I like most of your thoughts, so I don't hold the avatar against you. Do as you please.

never knew that tywais, thanks for the tip - you learn something new every day hey

I find it quite amusing. Like other I didn't see the car symbols until it was mentioned a ways back.

I think some people take this forum, and life in general, far too seriously.

Lighten up folks, do not take life too seriously 'cos nobody gets out alive anyway. :o

Oops, sorry if I spoilt the ending for some of you.

I'm surprised you have the luxury of having a poll about it. I've had two much more innocuous avatars pulled by the powers-that-be before. Neither of them was sexual in nature, but some morally righteous prigs objected to them and I was obliged to change them.

Re yours; mildly amusing and certainly not offensive. What's the problem? Has someone complained?

Thank you SOOOOO much! I didn't know that was possible.