Who has GOOD internet for IPTV Streaming in BKK

realenglish1

5 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Do you want to claim that wireless is actually better than wired, or that I'm lying when I say that a lower test result may be caused by connecting wireless?

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/wi-fi-vs-ethernet-how-much-faster-wired-connection-paul-zdzitowiecki

Wi-Fi vs Ethernet: Interference and reliability

An Ethernet connection experiences less interference and is more reliable than Wi-Fi. Things like your home’s layout, your modem, your neighbours’ networks, and the number of connected devices will interfere with wireless connections. This can result in a number of issues, including:

• Sometimes your devices will lose signal completely.
  • Higher latency. Interference can increase latency.
  • Slow speeds. Interference can also slow down speeds drastically.

Wi-Fi vs Ethernet: Speed

One advantage of an Ethernet connection, however, is consistency. Ethernet connections tend to deliver a constant speed, whereas Wi-Fi speeds jump around throughout the day.

https://www.versatek.com/blog/2018-update-ethernet-cabling-still-better-wifi/

2. Signal Quality

It’s no mystery that interference can make it hard to get and stay on a wireless network. As more devices come online due to the exploding Internet of Things (IoT), this may even become more of a challenge in the near future.

Not so with Ethernet. Cable connections tend to be more robust. If you have the right cabling solution—Cat06 or higher—then you have all the insulation you’ll need to prevent crosstalk from interfering with your signal.

I didn't claim anything or call you a liar.  I was only responding to your assumptions and your claim. First, you assume the OP must have 100/30 Fiber and if he is using a wi-fi connection it would explain the lower speed test results he receives.  The difference in speed tests results whether a device is connected by wireless over LAN would not result in a 30% loss providing only one device is being used and the wireless connection close.

The Speedtest results of my 3BB 100/30 Fiber wireless connection doesn't support your assumptions.  

Now you post a link to a web-page article and include selected paragraphs to argue your point.  Well, I read the whole article and the one thing you seem to have left out is that the author states that " most of the time Ethernet speeds are only marginally faster than wireless.  I cannot define what the author considers marginal. But I would bet that 2 identical computers one connected by a 4 foot Ethernet cable and one wirelessly within 4 feet of the modem there would be very little difference. 

My advice to the OP is to call 3BB support at 1530 and have a support tech do a test of his internet connection. They can address any problems and concerns he has over the phone.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:48 AM, Jeffrey346 said:

Not true.. The Gov limits the international bandwidth. I have 3BB and 3 different TV boxes. I get buffering on 2 daily but rarely get buffering on my Nvidia Shield.

The box plays a big part.

i do not use a box

i contacted the provider of my tv system that i stream to watch uk tv.

they are based in Singapore.

they informed me that each day they are inundated with complaints from 3BB users who cannot stream without major buffering.

they informed me that 3BB are by far the worst for this.

AIS are the recommended supplier

7 hours ago, nickmondo said:

i do not use a box

i contacted the provider of my tv system that i stream to watch uk tv.

they are based in Singapore.

they informed me that each day they are inundated with complaints from 3BB users who cannot stream without major buffering.

they informed me that 3BB are by far the worst for this.

AIS are the recommended supplier

I can't comment on the quality of AIS's internet, but I have been a subscriber of 3BB for almost 3 years and have not had any issues streaming TV from the UK, US, AUS or from other sources.  I currently have 100/30 fiber but even with prior 20/4 and 30/10 VDSL there were no streaming issues. 

Your TV service provider is probably inundated with complaints regarding the streaming quality they provide. So, instead of admitting there are issues with there Network Servers, infrastructure or originating source, they blame your internet supplier, whether it be 3BB, AIS, DTac or any of the others. 

The only issue with 3BB I experienced was with an occasional dropped modem signal shortly after 3BB upgraded my 20/4 VDSL to 30/10.  Upgrading the cable from the main connection box corrected the problem.  The OP could have a similar problem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

I can't comment on the quality of AIS's internet, but I have been a subscriber of 3BB for almost 3 years and have not had any issues streaming TV from the UK, US, AUS or from other sources.  I currently have 100/30 fiber but even with prior 20/4 and 30/10 VDSL there were no streaming issues. 

Your TV service provider is probably inundated with complaints regarding the streaming quality they provide. So, instead of admitting there are issues with there Network Servers, infrastructure or originating source, they blame your internet supplier, whether it be 3BB, AIS, DTac or any of the others. 

The only issue with 3BB I experienced was with an occasional dropped modem signal shortly after 3BB upgraded my 20/4 VDSL to 30/10.  Upgrading the cable from the main connection box corrected the problem.  The OP could have a similar problem.

I am using the same Fibre 3B 100/30 as yourself. I live upcountry and my Netflix and Iflix as a rule works well on this system, so I don't get why I have problems with IPTV. I can only surmise I am using the wrong companies. I have a TV member helping me at the moment.

I must admit, following advice on here about using a LAN cable and stopping using the air mouse, things have improved a lot albeit not perfect yet. I am considering buying a new box on my next UK trip. I think you are right about those providing the TRV provider service, many of which no doubt are pirated and stolen streams.

It is a challenge to get one that works consistently. I am always searching to buy a long-term IPTV reliable service.

It's so annoying the signal dropping or screen freeze just when Liverpool are going to score a goal!!....????????????

On 11/11/2018 at 10:07 PM, tweedledee2 said:

Now you post a link to a web-page article and include selected paragraphs to argue your point. Well, I read the whole article and the one thing you seem to have left out is that the author states that " most of the time Ethernet speeds are only marginally faster than wireless.

Reading and comprehending are 2 different things, the latter you seem not to master very well. What the author wanted to say is that in theory wireless can handle virtually the same speed as LAN, although this account actually only up to Cat5e. Cat6a supports up to 10Gb/s speeds and I'm not aware of any wireless device which supports that.

But then the author continues to explain why that is only theoretical true.

Wi-Fi vs Ethernet: Interference and reliability

An Ethernet connection experiences less interference and is more reliable than Wi-Fi. Things like your home’s layout, your modem, your neighbours’ networks, and the number of connected devices will interfere with wireless connections. This can result in a number of issues, including:

Sometimes your devices will lose signal completely.

I've never seen that happen with a wired connection, so how would a wireless speed still be the same when it loses signal completely?

OR  Ethernet connections tend to deliver a constant speed, whereas Wi-Fi speeds jump around throughout the day. 

you assume the OP must have 100/30 Fiber and if he is using a wi-fi connection it would explain the lower speed test results he receives. 

Well, the OP has in the mean time confirmed that he indeed has the 100/30 package.

The difference in speed tests results whether a device is connected by wireless over LAN would not result in a 30% loss providing only one device is being used and the wireless connection close.

Now who makes the assumptions? Did the OP state what the distance is to the router? No he didn't.

The OP has since connected his device by LAN, hasn't contacted 3BB for any reason, and his results are now 93/32. To me that looks like a 30% difference

The Speedtest results of my 3BB 100/30 Fiber wireless connection doesn't support your assumptions. 

Exceptions prove the rules, isn't it. What is true for you isn't therefore true in every situation, because different conditions may apply. However as I have installed hundreds of boxes in all different conditions, I have experienced many times that even with the router within 2 meter of the device, the download speed over LAN often was double compared to wireless.