Marijuana bill shortened to allow quicker legislation

webfact

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm not sure that applies to cannabis, the bad stuff just doesn't do anything.

Three ways comes to mind:

Spray it with dangerous pesticides. 

Spray it with anything to make it heavier and/or better looking. Examples include glass fibre spray (Google grit weed), hair spray, etc.

Don't flush it properly before harvest. Indoor growing requires using only water the last week or two flush out the chemical nutrients. Not sure how dangerous it is when this is not done but it doesn't taste good when smoking it, allegedly... ????

Edited by hobz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hobz said:

Thanks for thinking I made it up.

It's facts.

Legalization/decriminalization prevents deaths.

So if you care about people you are for legalization/decriminalization.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/portugal-decriminalised-drugs-14-years-ago-and-now-hardly-anyone-dies-from-overdosing-10301780.html

I did not say you made it up. I was referring to your kill and rape comments.

Alcohol is legal and still causes huge problems in society - what makes you think the legalisation/decriminalisation of "drugs" (cannabis or otherwise) will be different?

I do support "decriminalisation" to hopefully get rid of the criminal's trafficking. But I suspect that is about all, that may be gained. 

13 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Alcohol is legal and still causes huge problems in society - what makes you think the legalisation/decriminalisation of "drugs" (cannabis or otherwise) will be different?

I do support "decriminalisation" to hopefully get rid of the criminal's trafficking. But I suspect that is about all, that may be gained. 

I'm glad you support decriminalization, it seems like a good compromise.

Why I think other drugs are different from alcohol? I don't. If you make alcohol illegal there would be even more people overdosing and getting blind from bad alcohol. 

Google Portugal decriminalization results. 

Google Colorado legalization results.

27 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

I gotta say, I would perhaps possibly support prohibition of alcohol and drugs if there was a way to effectively enforce it in the future. Would have to be some new way of policing. Current war on drugs doesn't work and just is a huge waste of money and causes more harm than good. Prohibition in the USA failed as well. And we don't want a society like some Muslim countries with super strict controls on everything... I bet it doesn't even work there..

2 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

Sure, I get it. If it was legalized, it would be something for people that like it to be happy about, but that is not the point. This is only for people that get a cerificate from doctors that can benefit from. As well as very hard control.

This is Thailand, I'm sure getting a doctor's certificate won't be hard especially for the older guys among us who could believably have aches and pains.  

As for it being under very hard control, it's not under very hard control now really.  Loads of people smoke it all the time here and never have any problems with the law.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, seancbk said:

This is Thailand, I'm sure getting a doctor's certificate won't be hard especially for the older guys among us who could believably have aches and pains.  

As for it being under very hard control, it's not under very hard control now really.  Loads of people smoke it all the time here and never have any problems with the law.

Stop bringing reality into what seemed like a good fantasy. ????

3 hours ago, seancbk said:

I know of people who smoke some kind of compacted soil with a red thread wrapped around it, and soaked in paraquat. Don't know of people who smoke actual kind bud here. I'm thrilled. Hope this passes. I got all the medical docs you want, doc. And here's your 150 baht.  ????

4 hours ago, seancbk said:

Very stupid conclusion

7 hours ago, hobz said:

This is a first step towards it. 

When money is on the table things tend to speed up. This will open the door for a massive markets and huge opportunity to make money for the right people... That being said.. who knows.

Ok, you have a foresight of great proportions. Good for you. Still not the case at the moment.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, seancbk said:

Because as a recreational drug it has far less deleterious effects than Alcohol, plus when used medicinally there is a wealth of evidence that it has many benefits. 

There are of course huge differences between the recreational use and medicinal use, the products are in fact two completely different classes of item, despite both being derived from the same plant.

Personally I'd rather adults were allowed to take whatever drug they want, but that will take a bit longer to happen. 

Both cannabis with THC and CBD are used medicinally for dirrerent reasons. 

To say medical marijuana doesn't get you high is misinformed. 

3 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:
7 hours ago, seancbk said:

Very stupid conclusion

Which part do you see as stupid?   You've got a reasonable post count so one presumes you've lived here long enough to know how things work here.

12 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

If you dont understand that, then i dont understand why your name is happyandrich ,wich you for sure you cannot be if you dont understand this . Or did you get your parrents money for free or by dumb luck win the lottery .

12 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

If you dont understand that, then i dont understand why your name is happyandrich ,wich you for sure you cannot be if you dont understand this . Or did you get your parrents money for free or by dumb luck win the lottery .

Why your need to insult happyandrich? Jealous he may actually be rich? 

6 hours ago, nervona81732 said:

Don't forget it works great for PTSD unlike prescription drugs and alcohol.

There's my ticket. I've been renovating a house and dealing with the somchais has most definitely been traumatic. I reckon it'll take at least 30 years to recover. One long term prescription, khop khun khrap.

16 hours ago, TurkAussie said:

It would be great for tourism if it was legalized across the board! Just remember there is not 1 documented death caused by Marijuana, hemp can replace fossil fuels including coal and plastics , it’s the only illegal substance known to man that our bodies have a whole system to process it , the cannibinoid system. 

I passed my car Licience , motor cycle Licience and 2 different classes of Truck Licience all while high on Marijuana!!

But not your spelling test. 

Peace bro, it's just a toke-n-joke. ????

On 11/8/2018 at 5:44 AM, HappyAndRich said:

I do not understand why so many posters here say hurray? 

All in choir: We want reefer madness, we want .. and best of all if you smoke it you can piss off the anti-smoking neurotics too at the same time. Winning!

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

All in choir: We want reefer madness, we want .. and best of all if you smoke it you can piss off the anti-smoking neurotics too at the same time. Winning!

I want CBD oil because I have issues with pain and I can't take your typical pain medications. It would be a godsend.

Also, juicing the whole plant is a prophylactic against cancer. So is the oil, from medical-grade cannabis, prepared properly. It's the real wonder drug, not aspirin or antibiotics. Don't get me started.  ????

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 7:51 AM, TurkAussie said:

It would be great for tourism if it was legalized across the board! Just remember there is not 1 documented death caused by Marijuana, hemp can replace fossil fuels including coal and plastics , it’s the only illegal substance known to man that our bodies have a whole system to process it , the cannibinoid system. 

I passed my car Licience , motor cycle Licience and 2 different classes of Truck Licience all while high on Marijuana!!

And your spelling test?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

Who decides that? The drug lovers or the ones against it.

People that are for personal freedom and responsibility.

People that are pragmatic.

People that look at evidence.

People that want less harm and more good.

People that don't want prisons overfilled with nonviolent drugoffenders.

People that don't want to keep wasting tons of money and resources fighting a failed war on drugs.

People that want to see those resources spent on harm reduction and stuff.

Those are all for this step towards sanity.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you don't want to take drugs, up to you.

But why should you be able to tell me what to do?

He is allowed to tell you what he want. The point is that despite what he tells you you will still take drugs if you want and he will waste his resources while trying to stop you and it doesn't make sense and just makes everything worse.

2 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Drug users are responsible? ????

Some are, some are not. 

I don't want to compare alcohol and cannabis as that comparison is nothing new. Instead I want to make an example to prove a point.

Alcohol is the drug that makes People behave the most irresponsible, would you agree? Yet most people that use alcohol do it in a responsible way, meaning they don't drink and drive. They don't become loud and obnoxious. They don't drink too much.

Same goes for other drugs. Most people that use drugs do so in a responsible manner. 

On a side note, why would CBD that doesn't even get users high, have to be controlled?? That makes zero sense to me. It's less harmful than ibuprofen and paracetamol and has way more benefits yet they treat it like it's some type of nuclear waste that only can be prescribed by doctors for special cases. It has awesome anti inflammatory effects, great for backpain, sleep, etc. It should flow freely. It not flowing freely is a crime against humanity.

An interesting (but technical) article on Safety and Side Effects of CBD:-

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5569602/

36 minutes ago, hobz said:

It has awesome anti inflammatory effects, great for backpain, sleep, etc. It should flow freely. It not flowing freely is a crime against humanity.

One small measured step at a time, until ALL negative side effects and risks are fully understood e.g. long term hormonal effects.

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread"! Fools can be reckless. An "Essay on Criticism" by Alexander Pope.

Just like Iboprufen - we are only now understanding the side effects and doing something about them.