Democrats warn Trump after Attorney General Sessions forced out

webfact

1 hour ago, JAG said:

One flaw I (as an outside commentator) can see in your theory old chap: "and Trump can just sit back and be quiet."

Good point. Im sure that they will hand him something he can stir them up with. Or at least the so called "press" will????????????????????

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Good point. Im sure that they will hand him something he can stir them up with. Or at least the so called "press" will????????????????????

They don't need to hand him anything. He gets all the stimulus he needs from watching Fox & Friends.

On 11/8/2018 at 7:06 PM, Srinivas said:

nah dont need to fire him, let him sit where he cant go on msnpc and distort.

firing him just gets everyone excited, protesting and worse rioting ,

moveon.org already has protests kits for after his firing , check out their slogan page lol

https://act.moveon.org/survey/mueller-firing-rapid-response-materials

You are (probably) very much right. Same trouble as with Sessions. Cheers.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, webfact said:

drew sharp criticism from Democrats, who warned Trump against moving to squash a probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

What are they going to do that they wouldn't do anyway?

They'll be trying to impeach him from day 1 anyway, without a hope of doing so given the GOP hold the senate.

They could try and defund his projects, but that would hurt the voters.

All they have is Trump hatred, and are devoid of any sort of actual policies I have seen or heard of.

Even if they succeed in getting Trump gone, Pence takes over and he will make them pay large.

Anything they do that hurts the voters or is obviously TDS will just make a Trump re election more likely in 2 years time.

In the meantime, Trump will be getting more conservative judges installed, which will be his real legacy. There is probably another SCOTUS position coming up, given the old lady just ended up in hospital- time for her to resign, I think.

Somehow, I doubt the Donald is losing any sleep over Dems threats.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, bristolboy said:

They arent' outraged he was dismissed. They're outraged at why he was dismissed and who has replaced him and taken charge of the Mueller investigation. Without being privy to the evidence gathered by Mueller, Matthew Whittaker explicitly said he thought that there was nothing to the Mueller investigation connecting Trump to Russia. This is the 2nd time i've seen this nonsense posted and I expect it will be surfacing a lot more.

It's been obvious for a very long time that Sessions was going to be gone soon as the election was over. Anyone didn't know that needs to keep up more.

• Like 2

I dont know the guy either, never had a relationship with him. I dont know him,

I dont  know sessions, I thought I knew, recused himself,

I dont know

I know who he is ,the attorney general.

But whitaker I dont know him, I know he has an unblemished record and a solid choice. Governor from Iowa reccomends him, great guy.

omg he just lied , quick update the list. ????

Edited by Srinivas
  • Confused 1

New acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker said in 2014 that judges without a New Testament “biblical view of justice,” should not serve on the federal bench and suggested that he would block the appointment of non-Christian judges if given the chance."

https://www.newsweek.com/matthew-whitaker-jews-muslim-judges-attorney-general-1210003

Edited by Opl
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Opl said:

New acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker said in 2014 that judges without a New Testament “biblical view of justice,” should not serve on the federal bench and suggested that he would block the appointment of non-Christian judges if given the chance."

https://www.newsweek.com/matthew-whitaker-jews-muslim-judges-attorney-general-1210003

Quoting an opinion piece written from a certain weltanshauung wherein an analysis of words is made does not mean that the opinion is true, but debating the nonsensical analysis in that article would be off topic.....I laughed when I read it.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Opl said:

he said he would be concerned as he doesn't know what basis their (otherjudges) philosophies are based on.  His knows,his is the new testament.  Also  U.S. Constitution, explicitly bars any religious test for public office, including his.  plus he is a prosecutor now, not a judge.

judges are appointed and then stand for elections in Iowa. so he didnt tap dance the answer, answered honestly in my book, and im not a christian.

newsweek is garbage. remember they  distributed Madam President  before election day,lol. 

https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2016/nov/10/if-only-donald-trump-had-come-second-eh-hillary

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Quoting an opinion piece written from a certain weltanshauung wherein an analysis of words is made does not mean that the opinion is true, but debating the nonsensical analysis in that article would be off topic.....I laughed when I read it.

What an absolutely epic deflection!:cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Becker said:

What an absolutely epic deflection!:cheesy:

Yes, and here's another worthy opinion piece --

There is no way this man should be running the Justice Department

IS MATTHEW G. WHITAKER the legitimate acting attorney general? From approximately the second President Trump ousted Attorney General Jeff Sessions and tapped Mr. Whitaker to temporarily exercise the office’s vast authority, legal experts have sparred over whether Mr. Trump can unilaterally elevate someone from a role that does not require Senate confirmation to one that does. But regardless of whether the promotion is legal, it is very clear that it is unwise. Mr. Whitaker is unfit for the job.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/there-is-no-way-this-man-should-be-running-the-justice-department/2018/11/09/f4a2ee60-e45e-11e8-8f5f-a55347f48762_story.html

• Like 2

Rod Rosenstein seems to like the new AG. who woulda thought

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/416015-rosenstein-calls-whitaker-superb-choice-for-acting-ag

. "superb choice"

gear up the outrage????msm spinners TILT

what a show, is he for real ,the plot thickens

Edited by Srinivas
made mistake.

59 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

Rod Rosenstein seems to like the new AG. who woulda thought

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/416015-rosenstein-calls-whitaker-superb-choice-for-acting-ag

. "superb choice"

gear up the outrage????msm spinners TILT

what a show, is he for real ,the plot thickens

FBI probing Florida company where Attorney General Matthew Whitaker was advisory board member

"The FBI is investigating a Florida-based company at which Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker previously served as a member of the advisory board.

On Friday, The Wall Street Journal, citing an alleged victim and others familiar with the criminal probe, reported that the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and the FBI’s Miami office were investigating World Patent Marketing Inc., a Miami Beach-based business that’s accused of ripping off customers to the tune of $26 million.

World Patent Marketing would charge potential inventors thousands of dollars to patent and promote their creations but provided little or no service and then threatened those who filed complaints, reported the Federal Trade Commission."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-news-matthew-whitaker-fbi-probe-20181109-story.html

And one of the people who did the threatening was none other than Matthew Whittaker

"As part of a settlement with the FTC this May, the company was banned from the invention promotion business.  Documents in the FTC’s docket show that Whitaker, who served on the World Patent Marketing board from 2014 to 2017, was not just a paid advisory board member -- he  threatened at least one victim who complained."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dianahembree/2018/11/09/scam-company-advised-by-matthew-whitaker-threatened-victims-but-many-filed-complaints-anyway/#dfcec341afab

18 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

FBI probing Florida company where Attorney General Matthew Whitaker was advisory board member

"The FBI is investigating a Florida-based company at which Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker previously served as a member of the advisory board.

On Friday, The Wall Street Journal, citing an alleged victim and others familiar with the criminal probe, reported that the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and the FBI’s Miami office were investigating World Patent Marketing Inc., a Miami Beach-based business that’s accused of ripping off customers to the tune of $26 million.

World Patent Marketing would charge potential inventors thousands of dollars to patent and promote their creations but provided little or no service and then threatened those who filed complaints, reported the Federal Trade Commission."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-news-matthew-whitaker-fbi-probe-20181109-story.html

And one of the people who did the threatening was none other than Matthew Whittaker

"As part of a settlement with the FTC this May, the company was banned from the invention promotion business.  Documents in the FTC’s docket show that Whitaker, who served on the World Patent Marketing board from 2014 to 2017, was not just a paid advisory board member -- he  threatened at least one victim who complained."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dianahembree/2018/11/09/scam-company-advised-by-matthew-whitaker-threatened-victims-but-many-filed-complaints-anyway/#dfcec341afab

thx, its getting interesting. all guns out 

Here's a nice summary of Whittakers statements concerning the Mueller investigation:

"He has dismissed the idea of collusion with Russia, endorsed the Trump Tower meeting, defended Trump’s attempts to pressure Comey, protested the FBI raid on Manafort, urged Rosenstein to restrain Mueller, and declared that Trump has absolute authority to shut down the investigation. Last year, after Trump fired Comey, Whitaker said there was “no case for obstruction of justice.” Whitaker suggested that Trump could use a “recess appointment” to replace Sessions with an attorney general who would cut Mueller’s budget to the point where “his investigation grinds to almost a halt.”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/11/matthew-whitaker-russia-investigation-donald-trump-robert-mueller.html

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

Here's a nice summary of Whittakers statements concerning the Mueller investigation:

"He has dismissed the idea of collusion with Russia, endorsed the Trump Tower meeting, defended Trump’s attempts to pressure Comey, protested the FBI raid on Manafort, urged Rosenstein to  restrain Mueller, and declared that Trump has absolute authority to shut down the investigation. Last year, after Trump fired Comey, Whitaker said there was “no case for obstruction of justice.” Whitaker suggested that Trump could use a “recess appointment” to replace Sessions with an attorney general who would cut Mueller’s budget to the point where “ his investigation grinds to almost a halt.”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/11/matthew-whitaker-russia-investigation-donald-trump-robert-mueller.html

yup all on cnn for over a year. watched most of his appearances.

and mean while the russia collusion opinions hurled from all sides without waiting for investigation to finish.

besides, whitaker hasn't done anything yet, and trump could have slammed meuller shut anytime. 

lets see how it plays out. settlements at ftc???? public info.

does not mean he cant declas fisa plus some other docs though.

media gunz blazing . report must be due soon.!

or who will replace whitaker?

exciting 

3 minutes ago, attrayant said:

It didn't have to be "exciting".  There is a built-in order of succession for exactly this situation.  If the AG leaves for any reason during a congressional recess, the deputy AG should step in until a permanent AG can be vetted the next time congress is in session.  But no, Trump had to personally select somebody that, by his own repeated admission, he knows almost nothing about.

Except of course that he lied about now knowing Whittaker. In fact it was Whittaker who repeatedly briefed Trump in Sessions' stead because Trump didn't want to be in the same room as his AG.

It didn't have to be "exciting".  There is a built-in order of succession for exactly this situation.  If the AG leaves for any reason during a congressional recess, the deputy AG should step in until a permanent AG can be vetted the next time congress is in session.  But no, Trump had to personally select somebody that, by his own repeated admission, he knows almost nothing about.
He knows enough for his criminal obstruction of justice purposes. Mueller is watching every move and so are Americans that aren't infected by the perverted cult of 45.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Except of course that he lied about now knowing Whittaker. In fact it was Whittaker who repeatedly briefed Trump in Sessions' stead because Trump didn't want to be in the same room as his AG.

I found the ftc complaint. does not have whittakers name on it anywhere.  seems he was not party to any settlement either.  imagine that.  well he is a lawyer after all.

seems he was representing them and or on the board as advisor but not party to this case.

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/cases/149_-_final_order.pdf

though the articles are exciting and juicy. I found no zero red meat so far. yawn, on to the next outrage for sure.

18 hours ago, Srinivas said:

I found the ftc complaint. does not have whittakers name on it anywhere.  seems he was not party to any settlement either.  imagine that.  well he is a lawyer after all.

seems he was representing them and or on the board as advisor but not party to this case.

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/cases/149_-_final_order.pdf

though the articles are exciting and juicy. I found no zero red meat so far. yawn, on to the next outrage for sure.

He was acting as their lawyer? Then why is it he invoked his status as a former US Attorney to threaten the complainant? Sorry, even if he was acting as their lawyer, that was clearly unethical. Your yawn should have been a gulp.

Whitaker said he supports state's rights to nullify federal law

"As a principle, it has been turned down by the courts and our federal government has not recognized it," Whitaker said while taking questions during a September 2013 campaign speech. "Now we need to remember that the states set up the federal government and not vice versa. And so the question is, do we have the political courage in the state of Iowa or some other state to nullify Obamacare and pay the consequences for that?"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/09/politics/matthew-whitaker-nullification/index.html

14 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

He was acting as their lawyer? Then why is it he invoked his status as a former US Attorney to threaten the complainant? Sorry, even if he was acting as their lawyer, that was clearly unethical. Your yawn should have been a gulp.

yawn because he is not party to the case, nor the $ settlement, nor the final ftc decree to cease operations signed only by owner of that company.

unethical perhaps ,  but more of msm coordinated gotcha drama so

yawn because this matter is not enough to force a recusal. midterms are over so no outrage leverage to get/lose votes. when sessions hired him msm was quiet, though his views were aired on all his tv appearances.

when the time is right, he will move over but not as a "gulp" response to this ftc story. msm has to air all the things he said for last 2 years  before, so those issues are refreshed and circulated. 

oversee meuller report,  fisa declas, maybe issue indictments etc before someone else takes over. 

no recusal imo.