Internet TV for Dummies

UniqueWord

On 11/12/2018 at 10:52 AM, UniqueWord said:

there are significant cost savings associated with signing up for fairly long-term (12 month) service.

I remember one service provider who did this and went bust in a few months, leaving many high and dry.

Never a good idea to sign up for longer term with any IPTV service. Not worry they will run with thee money, however it happens, but IPTV is grey area and nobody knows what tomorrow brings.

The servers they rent can be confiscated, don't believe any service that say they have their won servers, or the provider can receive a cease and desist letter in the post. In both cases, and many other possibilities, don't even think you will get a refund

7 hours ago, pastprime said:

A normal VPN probably could be picked up,but I use P2P  or even a dedicated channel

The rules are quite clear in that you have to be in the country when the tickets are purchased.  There is some flexibility for people who are on holiday abroad & have automatic entries set-up but even these you need to be physically present in the UK when changing anything to do with your entries (number of lines or numbers selected - Presumably lucky dips are ok... 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-11572581 

It wouldn't be too difficult for them to check if they suspected you were living overseas (how long do you think it would take a jealous ex-neighbour to sell the story to the Sun when they find out you've won the big one), could get around it by putting the tickets in someone's name but that brings other problems...

Anyway, back to Internet TV & VPNs... Anybody recommend a free VPN (only need it for very occasional Skybet use - I know also illegal!), I tried OpenVPN but after spending ages getting the account set-up it looks like you need to subscribe, currently using BrowSec but this looks like it's a limited time trial.

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

The rules are quite clear in that you have to be in the country when the tickets are purchased.  There is some flexibility for people who are on holiday abroad & have automatic entries set-up but even these you need to be physically present in the UK when changing anything to do with your entries (number of lines or numbers selected - Presumably lucky dips are ok... 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-11572581 

It wouldn't be too difficult for them to check if they suspected you were living overseas (how long do you think it would take a jealous ex-neighbour to sell the story to the Sun when they find out you've won the big one), could get around it by putting the tickets in someone's name but that brings other problems...

Anyway, back to Internet TV & VPNs... Anybody recommend a free VPN (only need it for very occasional Skybet use - I know also illegal!), I tried OpenVPN but after spending ages getting the account set-up it looks like you need to subscribe, currently using BrowSec but this looks like it's a limited time trial.

Yes I know these things,but but but,they would not have knowledge of absence ,and any substantial winning would be put quite rapidly into the US banking system   I do win quite frequently,,small amounts obv ,but did win largish amount few years back few years back    

anyone else,please please no more advice  Thanks   All covered

9 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

have a look at ' windscribe' or 'tunnel bear' but i think windscibe is better

Connecting to a TV, if you have the option on connecting from a DisplayPort connection do so. I had issues with drop outs using a HDMI cable from my PC to the TV, it was a HDMI 2 cable but streaming 4K I would get the occasional 2-5 seconds of black screen, particularly during action sequences. My mini-PC has a DisplayPort connection, so I bought a DisplayPort to HDMI cable from Lazada, and it fixed the problem, no more signal drop outs.

Archived