Man arrested after shots fired at pickup truck

snoop1130

Man arrested after shots fired at pickup truck

By Jessada Chantharak 
The Nation

4d80d85cee844b1bafa85ec181d81383.jpeg

A 58-year-old man has been arrested in Bangkok's Dusit district for allegedly shooting at a van that reportedly cut in front of his pickup truck.

Metropolitan Police Division 1 head Pol Maj Gen Senit Samransamruatkij said on Friday that Somchai Sornjin – who was nabbed along with a pistol with five bullets – has been charged with carrying a gun in a public place without permission or sound reason and firing a gun in a public place, causing property damages.

The shooting incident took place on Thursday night at Jor Por Ror Intersection.

The victim, Nathawut Buasud, 29 – who later discovered at his home that his van sustained two bullet holes – told police as he filed a complaint at the Nang Lerng Police Station. 

Police arrested Somchai after checking CCTV footage from the scene.

Somchai was last year arrested for aiding murder suspect Chamlong Phummalai, 49, to flee from the Khurusapha Teachers Council compound after Chamlong allegedly shot and killed his ex-girlfriend and education official Wassana Burakorn last March.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30358243

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-9

34 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Couple of things that are odd here.

OK, carrying without permission I get, but what qualifies as "sound reason"...is there a list? Maybe "sound reason" is a breakdown of social order, zombie apocalypse or something. Sounds pretty ambiguous to me and would like to know what qualifies as an excuse/reason instead of having permission.. 

Secondly, how come this moron is running around with a gun when less than a year ago he was caught aiding & abetting a murderer. Shouldn't he be in jail contemplating the consequences of his scumbaggery? This is one of the problems here that criminals can just run around with impunity as they know that unless something get's on Facebook the cops can't be arsed half the time. 

I could well be wrong but I believe that "sound reason" applies to owners of a business that regularly have to carry cash, e.g. gold shop owners that need to carry the days takings for deposit in the bank.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

This is one of the problems here that criminals can just run around with impunity as they know that unless something get's on Facebook the cops can't be arsed half the time. 

Your comment might have more validity if the police had only stirred into action after it being reported on Facebook. It wasn't. They acted on a complaint, investigated by using CCTV and as a result made an arrest. Anything wrong with that?

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I just wonder sometimes how many people in Thailand are driving/moving around tooled up with knives, guns etc etc... on the roads, in bars or restaurants is anywhere actually safe anymore?

You can always live in the US where it is very safe

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/how-many-mass-shootings-in-america-this-year-2018-2?r=US&IR=T

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Your comment might have more validity if the police had only stirred into action after it being reported on Facebook. It wasn't. They acted on a complaint, investigated by using CCTV and as a result made an arrest. Anything wrong with that?

He hasn't been charged with attempted murder. 

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Shooting at a van, not a person, is not attempted murder. What he has been charged with is what he did. Do you think attempted murder would stand up in court in your country for what he did?

There isn't such a thing as shooting at a van being a criminal offence in my country. 

So yes it would be attempted murder as long as someone was in the van.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, berybert said:

There isn't such a thing as shooting at a van being a criminal offence in my country. 

So yes it would be attempted murder as long as someone was in the van.

Firing a gun at a vehicle isn't a criminal offence in your country. Really? Are you sure, Give it a try and see what happens.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Firing a gun at a vehicle isn't a criminal offence in your country. Really? Are you sure, Give it a try and see what happens.

It would be classed as vandalism. You would also be sent down for having and firing a gun in a public place.

You would not be done for firing at a vehicle. 

Also if the vehicle had a person onboard you would be done for attempted murder. 

May I ask what you would be done for in your world if you shot at a vehicle and managed to kill the driver or one of the passengers in the car/van ? 

55 minutes ago, berybert said:

It would be classed as vandalism. You would also be sent down for having and firing a gun in a public place.

You would not be done for firing at a vehicle. 

Also if the vehicle had a person onboard you would be done for attempted murder. 

May I ask what you would be done for in your world if you shot at a vehicle and managed to kill the driver or one of the passengers in the car/van ? 

The whole point is that he didn't kill or injure anyone. Which is why he was only charged with firing at a vehicle. In Thailand, even if not in your country, that is regarded as a criminal offence. Correctly, in my opinion.

On 11/10/2018 at 9:26 AM, hotchilli said:

I just wonder sometimes how many people in Thailand are driving/moving around tooled up with knives, guns etc etc... on the roads, in bars or restaurants is anywhere actually safe anymore?

nothing are safe anymore in Thailand 

Thai males are out of control and it will continue to be more and more crazy 

It seems nobody can stop them 

It will not be long before we hear about tourists get hurt 

I love my Thailand but it becomes more bad for every year 

• Like 1