Uk Visa For Girlfriend

Hi Everyone, I need some help as I`m going crazy with a Fiance Visa.

The Good Bits:

Have a good job, 25 yrs in same industry, have money in bank, savings, shares, copies of monies paid into her bank, photos of us together, copies of phone calls, bank statements, e-mails etc. Provincially booked Wedding in UK etc

She has not been married before, no children and no previous visa applications.

The Bad Bit

She works in an more upmarket bar (yes there are such places) but bar nevertheless, however only for a few months. Only met my girlfriend in March, will visit again in May and again in August when we hope to have an interview at British Embassy, Bangkok.

I have also hired at great expense an 100% gaurantee agency which if works will be worth it, but mistake or not I do not know.

What are the chances of being successful ?

Plus if we fail, chances of an appeal ?

Ex pats out there all say its not if you get visa but more of a question when ?

Thanks.

There is a large warning sign posted at the entrance to the British embassy in BKK which warns against using 'visa agencies' and also warns that this could be counted against you in any decision to get a visa!!!

Thanks for replies

Have been told by the agency that we must not mention them to the Embassy because as you say it would go against us.

They say that if we take their advice and do everything they suggest we will get visa. They coach my girlfriend for several days with the questions as well as filling out paperwork and advice.

Have been to Thailand before (last year) so know all the pit falls getting involved with a Thai girl but like many have lost my heart although trying to use my head ! !

She is genuine as are her family who I have met.

I am so worried that things will go wrong.

A fiance visa shouldn't be a problem... (although marriage visa would probably be easier. :o )

So long as you have money, and you've known each other for a while, and have proof of a relationship, it shouldn't be a problem.

I met my wife in the UK, working in a restaurant, about 1½ years after she got to the UK on a 6 month visa :D . A year later we went to Thailand on a holiday, intending for her to come back to the UK on another Tourist visa with me as her sponsor.

The overstay meant she didn't get it (despite, or possibly because, she claimed she lost her passport, so that she got a new one, so the embassy didn't see the 2 year overstay).

However, the overstay actually helped with the proof of a relationship for getting the fiance/marriage visa. (It was marriage by the time she came back to the UK - as it was a lot easier for me to fly my close relatives out to Thailand for the wedding, than it would have been to get her relatives to the UK).

One rule - tell the truth (only answer questions asked, but don't lie). The biggest hassles we had at the embassy were down to my wife saying she'd lost her passport.

what is this 100% guarantee agency?

Isnt it up to the Embassy at the end of the day?

Or do you just mean no visa no charge?

:D

Thats the only guarantee I'd want, no visa no pay.

Tell them that at the agency and watch them change their tune. :o

Tell your girlfriend not to mention agency she should have seen the signs but abve all say as little as possible only answer questions that are asked and dont ask the interviewer questions as the interview could get complicated. I know this will be one of the most difficult things your girl friend would have ever done but be positive at all times and she will get through GOOD LUCK

I have rattled my brains and the only UP MARKET bar I know is the one at the top end of Patpong Market the one that is different to all the rest It has about a dozen scantilly dressed girls sitting on stools outside is this the one :o

The Bar Is In Pattaya Not Bangkok.

As I said Upmarket And Pattaya do not normally go together but judging by Pattaya standards it is upmarket.

We have already paid agency so we are in the lap of the gods.

Thanks for the advice lads, it seems the best way is to stick closely to the questions asked and not go into great detail.

I just worry that it will only be just short of 6 months since we met and with the Pattaya connection it may go against us as otherwise we should meet all the other demands comfortably.

She is a fairly bright girl and with the coaching I hope everything will be ok.

The Bar Is In Pattaya Not Bangkok.

As I said Upmarket And Pattaya do not normally go together but judging by Pattaya standards it is upmarket.

We have already paid agency so we are in the lap of the gods.

Thanks for the advice lads, it seems the best way is to stick closely to the questions asked and not go into great detail.

I just worry that it will only be just short of 6 months since we met and with the Pattaya connection it may go against us as otherwise we should meet all the other demands comfortably.

She is a fairly bright girl and with the coaching I hope everything will be ok.

Upmarket bar in Pattaya?????? Pray tell us what it is as I think we are all keen to know. I have lived here for 4 years and have yet to find an upmarket bar outisde of somewhere semi respectful such as Hard Rock Cafe or one of the bigger hotel bars.

Make sure she pays close attention to her address. Pattaya City as an addres never looks good to the Brit embassy.

Hope this helps

Hi Everyone, I need some help as I`m going crazy with a Fiance Visa.

The Good Bits:

Have a good job, 25 yrs in same industry, have money in bank, savings, shares, copies of monies paid into her bank, photos of us together, copies of phone calls, bank statements, e-mails etc. Provincially booked Wedding in UK etc

She has not been married before, no children and no previous visa applications.

The Bad Bit

She works in an more upmarket bar (yes there are such places) but bar nevertheless, however only for a few months. Only met my girlfriend in March, will visit again in May and again in August when we hope to have an interview at British Embassy, Bangkok.

I have also hired at great expense an 100% gaurantee agency which if works will be worth it, but mistake or not I do not know.

What are the chances of being successful ?

Plus if we fail, chances of an appeal ?

Ex pats out there all say its not if you get visa but more of a question when ?

Thanks.

How much did the agency want up front ?