SURVEY: Thai Immigration targeting Blacks - OK or not?

Scott

SURVEY: Thai Immigration targeting Blacks - OK or not?  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I keep reading about Africans on Sukhumvit... really small part of Thailand.. from what I’ve seen and from all the sh#t stolen from me and crime I’ve seen in Thailand an African was never involved. I’m not saying they’re not involved in criminal activity but to treat all black tourists as criminals is retarted. I’m really not that surprised what I’m reading on this thread, sounds like the US in the 60’s... and the last 2 yrs.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Ulic said:

Overstayers as a percentage of legal entries who are dark-skinned obviously make up a large percentage of these numbers.

Do you have anything to support this statement?

I would guess, (not sure if you could get accurate info) that white visitors vastly outnumber black visitors. Enough to guess that the vast majority of foreign criminals, visa fraudsters and over-stayers are not black at all.

I will concede that the ratio of criminals to normal visitor is probably much higher from certain countries, such as Nigeria, but that does not mean this is the most serious problem group, among foreigners. Take Australian bike gangs, are they not a problem group? They aren't black. Russian mobsters? Again, all white.

Bangkok drug pushers are not only Nigerian, nor are they only black. No, the biggest problem in Bangkok is the RTP.

Edited by ParadiseLost

12 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Your question asked if I would recommend my friends to visit Thailand; this led to the logical conclusion that you wouldn't and I can therefore jump to the same conclusion you made about me earlier where you thought I may be a racist or racist thinker.

I would also state that being married to someone of a different race does not prove a person is not racist.  Unless you are correct and you have therefore proven beyond possible doubt that I am not racist.  None of my wives have been white, all have been of a different race and culture to me, and I have been happily married for 18 years.

Mate I said I suspect you may have a racist mentality. This is only made stronger by the way you continue to argue and try to land blows by stating the most obvious things, trying desperately to 'get me back'.

Exactly how many wives do you have?

Having non-white wives(?) does not prove you are not racist, remember...

4 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:

I hope it stays that way.

In case you forget, I am against Thailand having discriminatory policies...

Its like you guys are trying to make my arguments.

Seriously, do you not think it is getting less attractive here for any black people, no matter their 'good or bad' status. To me it looks like Thailand has decided white people and Asians are okay, the rest are not welcome.

I can only speak for Pattaya where the three black blokes I know are treated like anyone else which is because they behave as they should do. They fly in for their few weeks holiday, visit the bars, spend their money, stay in the same hotels each trip and fly back home again when it's time to go. One is a window cleaner, one works for the local council and one works on the demolition. They are in their fifties and are not into thieving, street crime or drug dealing.

It may be different in a huge capital city like Bangkok but if any of them were approached by an African trying to sell 'em drugs they'd be as offended as you or I would be. Probably more so.

As far as I know the Thai plod have never even spoken to any one of them in all their visits. If the police are targeting blacks in Bangkok then you can bet your britches they have good reason to.

From what I've seen the RTP are a lot more effective than are members of London's Metropolitan Police Farce. At least you see them out and about.

• Like 1

No so much a black problem I think. Just a fact that the Thai's accept farangs or foreigners as long as they have money. But geneally speaking this is rather a nationalistic society where it's Thai's first and farangs shut up...no matter what your skin colour may be.

• Like 1

Just now, ParadiseLost said:

Mate I said I suspect you may have a racist mentality. This is only made stronger by the way you continue to argue and try to land blows by stating the most obvious things, trying desperately to 'get me back'.

Exactly how many wives do you have?

Having non-white wives(?) does not prove you are not racist, remember...

Best not to follow your suspicions, seek truth and proof.

I'm not 'desperately' trying to get anybody back, certainly none of my ex wives.

Just the one, I can't afford any more.

I'm not racist I hate everybody.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, quadperfect said:

I am also white and if i had to show papers even once a month i would never come back to thailand again.

I would feel the same about any country that had police stop me and ask for documentation. Its not a place i would ever return to again.

you seem a bit over sensitive mate, or unless you have something to hide.

Edited by catman20
  • Like 1

ALL world not need black, maybe only slave but true no need proplems, ewery borden must be closed black peoples. any country no need monkey black "people" haha strong say people, animal have true more.

I can’t believe you are serious when you posted this!!
I really hope that this was a tongue in cheek joke post
If it wasn’t and you are serious then you are a bigot and a racist

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I can’t believe you are serious when you posted this!!
I really hope that this was a tongue in cheek joke post
If it wasn’t and you are serious then you are a bigot and a racist

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I don't reckon he's even Finnish, just taken the piss with his posts.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If a significant amount of a certain crime is committed by a certain group, I see no fault in being extra cautious with them. As long as they aren't charged with crimes they didn't commit, that is.

I had many African friends when studying in Bangkok, and none of them ever felt poorly treated. But then again, these were upstanding people who had their business in order and didn't hang around drug dealers and other low-lives.

5 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I'm sorry if it offends you but accusations of racism no longer silences those who disagree with liberalism, diversity and multiculturalism. Over use of the race card has finally caused it to become rather frayed around the edges.

Hear hear.

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Racial profiling is never acceptable.

Lazy and based in racist prejudice.

Except that ignoring things like Race, age and sex in determining criminality or possible danger is short sighted, ineffective and leads to innocent folks being inconvenienced. I could give you tons of Western examples, but that would take this thread far afield.

But ask yourself this. What kind of outcry would there be if the Thais did not profile African folks, instead, increased their manpower and targeted every foreigner without any exceptions. Set up a checkpoint at say Suk 11 and have EVERYBODY show their papers. Bet there would be some crying on TVF.

• Like 1

I keep reading about Africans on Sukhumvit... really small part of Thailand.. from what I’ve seen and from all the sh#t stolen from me and crime I’ve seen in Thailand an African was never involved. I’m not saying they’re not involved in criminal activity but to treat all black tourists as criminals is retarded. I’m really not that surprised what I’m reading on this thread, sounds like the US in the 60’s... and the last 2 yrs.

17 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Except that ignoring things like Race, age and sex in determining criminality or possible danger is short sighted, ineffective and leads to innocent folks being inconvenienced. I could give you tons of Western examples, but that would take this thread far afield.

But ask yourself this. What kind of outcry would there be if the Thais did not profile African folks, instead, increased their manpower and targeted every foreigner without any exceptions. Set up a checkpoint at say Suk 11 and have EVERYBODY show their papers. Bet there would be some crying on TVF.

Police action should be based on actual evidence of criminality, not colour.

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Police action should be based on actual evidence of criminality, not colour.

Police suspicion should be based on a variety of circumstances including, but not limited to, race creed, colour, religion, age, time of day, place, weather, lines of sight, demographics, statistics, crime reports and each and every other factor that a trained officer can use to be supsicious that a law is being broken.

Im not going to go off topic on a Mods thread so I guess you get the last word.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Police suspicion should be based on a variety of circumstances including, but not limited to, race creed, colour, religion, age, time of day, place, weather, lines of sight, demographics, statistics, crime reports and each and every other factor that a trained officer can use to be supsicious that a law is being broken.

Im not going to go off topic on a Mods thread so I guess you get the last word.

Look all I'm saying is, any arrests or use of the law should be based on a persons actions.

Their race, creed, colour, age or gender are absolutely irrelevant. 

Edited by Bluespunk

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Look all I'm saying is, any arrests or use of the law should be based on a persons actions.

Their race, creed, colour, age or gender are absolutely irrelevant. 

Thats fine, law enforcement would differ, as they are not. Logic and reason say so. If Scott pops on and says its ok I will teach you why with concrete examples of stop/nostop.

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats fine, law enforcement would differ, as they are not. Logic and reason say so. If Scott pops on and says its ok I will teach you why with concrete examples of stop/nostop.

Do so as you wish, it will not change the fact racial profiling is wrong and nothing will make consider otherwise. 

targeting for arrest and deportation I think is a poor statement.  I think the more accurate statement is the Thais may be scrutinizing Blacks for proper immigration status.  And this is based upon the over whelming statistics that they think are showing the illicit nature of the blacks, percentage wise coming from Africa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

targeting for arrest and deportation I think is a poor statement.  I think the more accurate statement is the Thais may be scrutinizing Blacks for proper immigration status.  And this is based upon the over whelming statistics that they think are showing the illicit nature of the blacks, percentage wise coming from Africa.

In other words making a law enforcement judgement that would warrant the scrutinization. Like seeing a black kid lurking with a hoodie over his face and touching his waistband while standing outside a liquor store that has been robbed 5 times  in a high crime neigborhood in the US. Is that racial profiling. Or?

How about getting a list of all Russians who have TM30s in the Pattaya Sleepy Condos and knocking on their door? Or making every entering Falang tourist with a backpack under the age of 30 show 20K?

Who are we to complain anyway, we are here at their sufference.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

In other words making a law enforcement judgement that would warrant the scrutinization. Like seeing a black kid lurking with a hoodie over his face and touching his waistband while standing outside a liquor store that has been robbed 5 times  in a high crime neigborhood in the US. Is that racial profiling. Or?

How about getting a list of all Russians who have TM30s in the Pattaya Sleepy Condos and knocking on their door? Or making every entering Falang tourist with a backpack under the age of 30 show 20K?

Who are we to complain anyway, we are here at their sufference.

If the statistics overwhelmingly show that such peoples or such behavior were involved in past criminal activities, then yes, the prudent thing to do would be to investigate.  Policing and trying are two different things in most countries. One is innocent until proven guilty.  But that does not mean that some prudent reasonably non invasive investigation should not be done.   It falls under the category "suspicious activity".  Unfortunately for many blacks, a very large number of blacks from Africa are NOT engaged in reasonable tourist activities in Thailand.  The demographics and economic situation of many African nations just don't lead to large number of tourists going to Thailand.  Immigration can provide the numbers. 

Only using the word black is wrong in this survey . OP should have mentioned which countries they come from. Nigeria and other African countries would be more interesting to target than Afro Americans.   

• Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 8:46 AM, chrisinth said:

IMO, if they (police) were doing their job correctly, there would be no reason to target anyone.

If you do wrong and are caught, you suffer the consequences. If the percentage of those caught are dark skinned, so be it, but to target any group because of colour or indeed where they originate from is, again IMO, wrong.

I know a few white skinned westerners living here that could do with a visit from the boys in brown that could well be involved in the very crimes that they are apparently after targeting the blacks. And before anyone starts, for clarity I won't be reporting them as they don't affect me or mine, that isn't my job.

Dont worry mate, we will all get our turn and I wont be crying about it.. For now just make sure you at least have scanned copies of passport, visa and WP etc, big joke is on a mission!

• Like 1