Farang washing cars to make a living - says he's making 6,000 baht a day!

webfact

14 hours ago, roo860 said:

Do you have to contribute for a certain number of years to recieve Government pension in Australia?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That’s not fair...

Pension might mean Superannuation.

Also the Australian government wont admit it but they wish everyone of pension age would move abroad to take pressure off our health system.

8 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

Well the cat is out of the bag....Big Joke will give the old fart a ride to the airport sooner than later.....????

8 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

Well the cat is out of the bag....Big Joke will give the old fart a ride to the airport sooner than later.....????

Jealous?

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

Probably.

Probably???? You don’t even know this guys backgroung, how is he blugging of the AUs government? If he is helping his wife at the age of 70 good luck to him. You can be on the pension in Aus and still work. He may have worked all his life and payed a shit load of tax , he may have been on the dole but I doubt it. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

Yes I do. Why should I pay for this able bodied person, when he can pay for himself?

Part of your taxes, in Australia, are for retirement...ie, the pension, he is entitled to it, whether you like it or not. I hope your parents, family, friends etc aren't claiming any form of benefits. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Thaijack2014 said:

Even if the man is retired, he can get a work permit, if he's staying on a marriage visa. No problem there, in my humble opinion. 6000 Baht a day is not bad!

Must remember, he is not making 6000 baht a day, the business is.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Good man

First post in..........

Congrats.

I fail to see the relevance.

I was under the impression you got a pension at a certain age in most countries and you could do what you want in retirement.

Including playing golf or supplementing your income by washing some cars.

Up to you as they say.

Unless you are misinterpreting his situation and think he is on the dole and hence an unemployed welfare cheat?

Jeez. Some people.

It's ridiculous to speculate on someone's elses work history. He might be a millionaire, just worked enough in his life to get a good pension, and then got a little bored in Thailand.

The question whether he needs a work permit or not is a different question. But it wouldn't be illegal to lend his wife a helping hand I guess.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

No, corporations employ people and pay tax. Pensioners are a revenue drain.

i invest in corporations, my dividends are fully franked and because I deregistered with the ATO for taxation purposes, I dont pay any capital gains tax either.

Which is a relief, because otherwise my taxes would be wasted on pensioners playing pokies down the pub.

There are lifters and leaners. Corporations are lifters, pensioners are leaners.

Oh dear, you don't half live in la-la land

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

25 pages of post for what? Because somebody is working and making money? Why it bothers you if it is legal or illegal? There are people for that and let them check it up? And why people are speculating one way or another? 

What's up, didn't you get any this morning ? :giggle:

19 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

But I do know if he was a hard worker as you imagine, he didnt save enough money to self fund his retirement and is now living of the taxpayer. A lot of people spend all their money on alcohol, ciggies, pokies,hookers etc. etc..

Then put their hand out for taxpayer (my) money, which offends me.

Exactly HOW do you know he didn't save enough? He started a business for his wife and is helping her out as it was better than sitting around watching TV (as he says). Also, if he did work all his life isn't he entitled to his pension? I understand your thoughts on welfare cheats but a 70 year old man claiming his pension seems fine to me.

48 minutes ago, warrima said:

<deleted> 6K a day..................................sorry to hijack this post peeps but i need some advice. Im thinking of starting a car wash business.

I have a car wash too. For Thai's to come in and wash their car in your place you'd have to put in a good amount of money into it. I spent Approx about 1M Baht, Since a car wash has to be  on main roads finding land is quite the challenge. Leasing the land for long term is cheaper than buy using your Thai Wife.

Our Monthly profit is about 40 to 50k after deduction of expenses, made a little bit more when we sold drinks at the lounge. 4 staff with salaries of 9,200 Baht. The car wash is one of the side kicks i opened to turnover cash, I barely show up there anymore just get alerts in Bank at the end of everyday.

The hardest part of owning a car wash is finding and keeping the staff, once you finally find those thai staff who are too lazy to quit, then the business starts flourishing.

If you plan on opening yours from scratch expect to lose money in the first few months/ 1st year. Buying an operating one with staff that will stay after the business has changed owners is much better.

Anyways I intend on listing mine on the market sometime early next year(around feb) for anywhere between 650k to 750k. Mine comes with a huge furnished lounge, extra very well spaced bosses' office, 2 toilets one public and one private, and a 4 Bunk bed dormitory for the staff to sleep in. Located at the heart of the city overlooking some big hotels. It's a good option to register as a company and use to earn monthly profits and yearly visa while staying, sadly the profit margin is not enough to apply for a residents permit after 3 years not unless you chose to lie about your profit. Keep your eyes glued to craigslist business for sale(Probably here on TV too) around feb if interested.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, giddyup said:

I get my car washed locally in Pattaya for 100 baht, 140 baht if inside as well. How does he justify 300 baht a car? Of course out of that 6000 baht gross a day he has to pay the help (300 baht each) plus water, electric, soap etc.

If you go to any Central in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, etc. you will see long queues of cars lined up to be washed and detailed at the shops in the multi-level parking lots. They charge from 300-600 Baht for the service. The customers are 99% Thai.

• Like 1