Anyone NOT Using Income Letter & Using ONLY the Monthly Income Method?

6 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

If you do not have 400/800B in a Thai Bank you must have an Embassy Income Affidavit.

And if you no longer can get the embassy income affidavit, statutory declaration or letter, you must have the 400k or 800k in the local bank.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Which leaves the 400 or 800K deposited in a Thai bank as the only certainty for the future. 

Are you not forgetting something, the 400K is for the marriage visa and it is not the only certainty for the future, you can go to Savakhannet and get a marriage visa quite easily, though of course you will have the border runs, and it lasts for up to 15 months.

As I enjoy motorbike road trips, I am considering that method.

Though this being Thailand, things can easily change, and if they do, there is no way it will be to our advantage.

I think that in the future, Savakhannet will want to see a certain amount in your'e bank account.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joebrown said:

What irks me the most about the BE's inability to guarantee the retirement income of UK expats is their unwillingness to even attempt to find a solution that might be acceptable to Thai Immigration.

What's stopping the BE from obtaining a written authority for them to contact the Pension provider/company initially so that a pensioners' declared income can be verified? As far as I'm aware pensions are payable for life, usually with a minimum annual increase of ##%, or the annual Cost of Living Increase.

I have 3 pension providers (State & 2 Private). Surely it's not beyond the BE to verify these at the outset, and then examine bank statements every year provided by the pensioner to guarantee the income for Immigration.

Yes, it's probably going to increase the BE Notary Fees, but I for one would gladly pay up to 10,000bt as a starter, followed by the normal annual fee of 2,500bt.

I think you are one of the reasons the British Embassy charge so much and give so little.

10,000 Bt as a starter???? They see you and a lot of other people coming and then rub their hands together like a Thai policeman in amongst the traffic at tea money time.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I see three clear options. 1. Embassy letter. 2. 800,000 THB deposit. 3. 65,000 THB monthly deposits.

I do not understand how you've managed to interpret that as 'not too promising. Ok, I'm am as ever the optimist, but I see the 3rd option as very encouraging.

As I understand the situation:

Option 2 - 800k in Thai Bank with bank letter, providing it's been seasoned for 3 months (or waived using an agent...sshh!).  This is the ONLY solution I can see for ALL foreigners in the future.

Option 1 - Embassy letter, but only available for the next month or so from UK, US, & Oz embassies (6 month validity of letter).  Other citizens currently should still be OK with this providing TI continue to accept such letters (I've seen some suggestions that TI will not accept blanket letters in the future).

Option 3 - deposit 65k/mon into Thai bank.  Currently TI have NOT agreed that this is an option....(although it could perhaps be introduced as an alternative to option 1 with the necessary revisions to TI legislation).

So unless you have a spare 800k available (or are happy to use an agent) I'd say it's NOT very encouraging.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

That's £4.50 a week over the year. Anything else you do not like coughing up for?

I think there is a principle at stake here. 52 GBP for about 5 mins of their time????:angry: and

that's without wearing a mask.

• Confused 2

I just cleaned out several posts in this topic.

Since this topic has gone downhill again and is has turned into a duplicate discussion of the 3 topics about the embassies no longer issuing proof of income documents it is now  :mfr_closed1:

• Like 2