Immigration Chief Surachate to inspect new Phoenix salvage attempt

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, rebo said:

Without competent non-Thais the Phoenix will remain where it rests with no end in sight.
So BJ is going to check some visa and WPs ...
Somehow a balancing act ...

Well regardless of WPs etc., and given the lack of any highly professional comment or action by the agencies that should be taking care of this seems that this guy does get things moving. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Great news that Big Joke is on the job. What it has to do with immigration is anybodies guess. 

This is worthy of some monstrous poster showing glamour boy Big Joke pulling the levers on the crane.

The Chinese should be impressed. As Confucius say.... "Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day".

I think there's one Chinese still stuck in the boat and is on overstay.i don't know how bj gets about but my guessing is a long range jet helicopter.im just waiting for the day it's announced his mug is going to be printed on the back of the new 1,000b notes.

Edited by happy chappie
  • Like 1

Hope the bigwigs will leave this crew alone to get the job done there efforts would be better spent organizing inspections crew certification and reviewing the structural integrity of all passenger carrying vessels in Thailand so this doesent happen again

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

Hope the bigwigs will leave this crew alone to get the job done there efforts would be better spent organizing inspections crew certification and reviewing the structural integrity of all passenger carrying vessels in Thailand so this doesent happen again

Hmm. Who was it said that stupidity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting a different result?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, smedly said:

there is only one way to raise this vessel and that is to employ someone that knows what they doing, they do realise that air is lighter than water

I quick squiz at the photo in the OP, that looks like some beam/stern-mounting A-frames and divers cages so they have a more stable and sustainable work platform. The gas bottles on the other flatbed lorry aren't scuba tanks so possibly the air reservoir needed to sustain the pressure in air bags used to assist the float and lift. Possibly a large compressor in front of the left-hand container? I have faith in human nature to deliver what's needed here... eventually.

Edited by NanLaew

This is fast becoming a BIG JOKE, what has this got to do with immigration other than the other Big Joke getting more media attention?

You will have a situation where the salvage crew will be stopped from doing their job just so the joke can get a good photo op.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

I think there's one Chinese still stuck in the boat and is on overstay.i don't know how bj gets about but my guessing is a long range jet helicopter.im just waiting for the day it's announced his mug is going to be printed on the back of the new 1,000b notes.

I'm waiting for the day when it is announced that he will head a political party and become PM.

But more on topic here, he does seem to be a great problem solver. I wouldn't underestimate his contribution to the problem of rising the Phoenix just yet.

44 minutes ago, colinneil said:

This is fast becoming a BIG JOKE, what has this got to do with immigration other than the other Big Joke getting more media attention?

You will have a situation where the salvage crew will be stopped from doing their job just so the joke can get a good photo op.

Very likely. But why are you even surprised?

If it wasn't for him personally issuing work permits (or maybe ignoring the issue completely?) the salvage crew wouldn't be here, so they should be permanently indebted to him.

Step up with your Thai thinking!

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, neeray said:

I'm waiting for the day when it is announced that he will head a political party and become PM.

But more on topic here, he does seem to be a great problem solver. I wouldn't underestimate his contribution to the problem of rising the Phoenix just yet.

Myself i think he's just another idol for the Thais.i would like to question his knowledge of the sea and skills in salvage.hope,luck and an idol are the essence of Thai life