Forza Battery.

NoshowJones

I bought my Forza new about three and a half years ago. I needed a new battery at 12000 K.

My bike has done 29000 K now and the battery still going strong.

What is the average life of a Forza battery?

I don't want to risk getting let down in the middle of one of my road trips.

At how many Ks should I change my battery?

In my opinion battery life and km don`t have a lot do with another. 
Your Forza already has an alarm system?

How often you use it? Short distance or longer rides?

Do you park in the shadow or sun?
I think that these are more important factors when it comes to battery life.

Those batteries are not expensive. If you want to be on the save side, change every 2 years. Most time a weak battery shows some signs when starting but not always.  I also had batteries that start "cold" with zero problems, and did not make one single turn just two hours later, after a 4 minutes fuel refill.
In this climate batteries sometimes die within seconds.  

20 hours ago, uwe_rayong said:

In my opinion battery life and km don`t have a lot do with another. 
Your Forza already has an alarm system?

How often you use it? Short distance or longer rides?

Do you park in the shadow or sun?
I think that these are more important factors when it comes to battery life.

Those batteries are not expensive. If you want to be on the save side, change every 2 years. Most time a weak battery shows some signs when starting but not always.  I also had batteries that start "cold" with zero problems, and did not make one single turn just two hours later, after a 4 minutes fuel refill.
In this climate batteries sometimes die within seconds.  

It is used mainly on long runs, I use my pushbike for local runs, always kept in the shade. Never heard of an alarm system on a Forza battery, and don't see anything in the manuel about one.

The Forza batteries are very expensive at 4.800 Baht. that's what it cost me from local Honda agent after only 12000 Ks, but yes, I think you are right about the Ks and batterys. Though I have had this battery maybe about two years.

Edited by possum1931

I bought my Forza 3 years ago this month , 27,000ks and battery still good. My mate bought his 2 weeks before I got mine , his battery lasted about 18 months . He has still only done 12,000ks.  Now on my third rear tyre. Another topic .

Yes possum1931 , if you are still there .There is no alarm system nor are Forza batteries cheap.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I bought my Forza 3 years ago this month , 27,000ks and battery still good. My mate bought his 2 weeks before I got mine , his battery lasted about 18 months . He has still only done 12,000ks.  Now on my third rear tyre. Another topic .

Yes possum1931 , if you are still there .There is no alarm system nor are Forza batteries cheap.

I have done 29000 Ks and still on original tyres.

8 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

A lot of people buy aftermarket alarm system for motorbikes. Those alarm systems have the tendency to drain the battery constantly.

All "new" Honda Forza are already equipped with alarm and Smart Key system, both systems need battery power to function.

I believe that there are very expensive batteries available but you'll also find cheaper compatible batteries around 1000 - 2000 THB:

Lazada 12v 11ah YTZ12S 1000.- THB

Facebook 12v-11ah 1300.-

screenshot_1037.jpg.973369e50821a44d4fc75503f076d2f3.jpg

• Like 1