Teacher charged in fatal Chon Buri accident

webfact

Teacher charged in fatal Chon Buri accident

By The Nation

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPFh6r4Hmqh3fdDkqKtVV8SuPNgemj.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A teacher has been charged after his car hit a motorcycle, killing a 15-year-old girl and injuring two other teenagers, on Wednesday night.

Adisorn Chiewchuanpatibat, 43, was arrested and charged with reckless driving causing death and injuries, police said.

The accident happened on the Nikhom-Koh Pho road in Tambon Na Rirk in Chon Buri's Panas Nikhom district at 6pm.

Police said Supakorn Luang-on, 15, died of broken neck and limbs. She was a pillion rider of a motorcycle driven by Yannaphat Dokmaipeng, 15, who was injured along with another pillion rider, Kanthamanee Srimala, 14.

Adisorn claimed that he was driving home and the motorcycle with the three teenagers cut in front of him and he was unable to stop in time.

He waited for police at the scene after the accident.

The two injured teenagers were taken to Panas Nikhom Hospital.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30358596

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-15

I believe they cut in front of him, its been done to me by school kids but the kids in my incident didn't see the car overtaking me at 90 klm his car went sideways to miss them, I couldn't believe how the driver got around them without not killing them

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Looking at the extent of the damage to his car, that may be because he was travelling way too quickly.

Having said that, I thought three on a bike was illegal, and would offer long odds, the driver wasn't licensed and not one of them had a helmet.

RIP to Supakorn.

it's a toss of a coin. There all guilty 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, keith101 said:

Not just three on the bike but under age as well and therefore no license so if they weren't allowed by the parents to be on the bike the accident would never have happened the same as if a farang wasn't here the accident wouldn't have happened .

Where was the farang mentioned or involved in this incident?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

They could take the bikes off them. Get Mum and Dad to come and pay the fine. 

The problem is not the kids etc. Kids and Adults will do anything unless there is a " Uniformed group of people in the country who have sworn to uphold the law and keep everybody safe "

who are prepared to actually do some " prevention " work instead of waiting for accidents to happen before they appear from their snooze - fest.

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mercman24 said:

wont change at all, when you see cops outside of schools waving kids into the school all under age, 3 to a bike and no helmets on, there is no hope here, oh i forgot and no rear number plate, lol

Apologies if I have mentioned this in the past ( memory.....Not what it used to be )....Driving past a big Thai school in Hua Hin a year or so ago...we were stuck in the morning rush. Everywhere around me were schoolchildren, as mercman says, 3 to a bike, obviously underage, no helmets in sight, even the driver of one on a mobile.....Policeman plod directing the traffic........I mentioned it to the all knowing lady beside me and asked why they let this happen.....The reply was a true Thai classic........Oh, he not traffic police, not checkpoint so not his job.......When I mentioned how ridiculous it was I got this as a reply "You no unnerstan Thai people, why Farang always right" .....:wacko:..........Alas I fear there is no hope......

Edited by AhFarangJa
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 6:13 PM, AhFarangJa said:

Apologies if I have mentioned this in the past ( memory.....Not what it used to be )....Driving past a big Thai school in Hua Hin a year or so ago...we were stuck in the morning rush. Everywhere around me were schoolchildren, as mercman says, 3 to a bike, obviously underage, no helmets in sight, even the driver of one on a mobile.....Policeman plod directing the traffic........I mentioned it to the all knowing lady beside me and asked why they let this happen.....The reply was a true Thai classic........Oh, he not traffic police, not checkpoint so not his job.......When I mentioned how ridiculous it was I got this as a reply "You no unnerstan Thai people, why Farang always right" .....:wacko:..........Alas I fear there is no hope......

I have received a slight variation - "It's the Thai way", to which I have responded, "Yes. That's the problem."

• Haha 1