Question about Phu Nam Ron Border

I plan on going to Phu Nam Ron Border to stamp in/out back to Thailand.

I read that the transportation from Thailand across No mans land and back to Thailand round trip will cost 960 baht. Does this also cost the same for Thai citizen? I am going with a friend, but I am American citizen so I just want to stamp out of Thailand and back in, if my friend comes with me will it also cost 960 baht per person? I'm a bit confused on the process. I will arrive to Phu Nam Ron via bus from Kanchanaburi. 

The 960 baht incorporates two separate costs: the border pass for Myanmar and the return journey across no man's land. I believe the border pass for Thais costs the same and for other nationals, so I would expect the combined cost to be the same (unless travelling with a Thai who already has a border pass).

I’m pretty sure that your Thai friend won’t be able to go with you.

Everything will be done for you once you pay the 960 baht. They drive you to the Burmese immigration ‘hut’ where you get stamped in/out, and then drive you straight back to Thai immigration. There’s nothing to see or do.

• Like 1

there's a small restaurant next to where you'll get the transport over. your friend can wait there for you. you'd be done in about 20 minutes or so anyway

i took my friend there not too long ago

he bought the ticket to cross in a small agency type shop that was in the restaurant on the left just before thai immigration and i just waited there.

I am not sure if he bought at the cheapest place but it cost him less than a thousand baht so i think it was fine

Like i said he was back in around 20 minutes or so and didn't even have to leave the bus, it was all done for him

Edited by MARK74

I went with my Thai girlfriend. She waited on the Thai side. There are small restaurants there. I was about an hour and a half because the driver wouldn't go till he had enough people in his car. There is next to nothing on the Burmese side, a few very tatty stalls on a dusty, deforested hillside. If you have been to Burma before you'll know what I mean.