I'm going to see this through': UK PM May vows to fight for Brexit deal

webfact

5 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Yeah, that would have been fun (for the EU that is...).

But once again: The UK is completely free to leave the EU without a deal. Nobody in the EU is stopping the UK from doing that.

The UK is free to leave the EU in the same way that Assange is free to leave the Ecuadorian embassy...maybe a revenge of destiny...

Without a deal, the mobsters from Brussels will shut down the borders in an effort to smother the UK which, like most other countries, can't survive without some critical imports.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

I watched her in the House yesterday

The baying wolves

she firmly stood her ground

this matter is a poisoned chalice

no party could pass this through the House

I think that is her biggest problem, she listens to nobody, Theresa knows best.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

The UK is free to leave the EU in the same way that Assange is free to leave the Ecuadorian embassy...maybe a revenge of destiny...

Without a deal, the mobsters from Brussels will shut down the borders in an effort to smother the UK which, like most other countries, can't survive without some critical imports.

Does this mean that the Brexiters no longer support the famous saying.

"EU needs us more than we need EU?"

In reality, it's not EU's interest of having a weak UK (or England-Wales) next to us. UK is still a western country with similar values to us, even if we don't agree in all points. 

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

"I think every European knows that it was just a minority, a loud minority, which really wanted UK to leave EU."

Cough.... It was actually the majority of those that voted - and more people voted in this referendum than ever previously in either GEs or referendums....

Cough, it was partly a protest vote against Tories as people were tired of UK's internal politics. "We shall show them politicians and vote for Brexit!"

So the people who really wanted to leave EU was an minority.

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

"I think every European knows that it was just a minority, a loud minority, which really wanted UK to leave EU."

Cough.... It was actually the majority of those that voted - and more people voted in this referendum than ever previously in either GEs or referendums....

Just now, oilinki said:

Cough, it was partly a protest vote against Tories as people were tired of UK's internal politics. "We shall show them politicians and vote for Brexit!"

I give up!

The FACTS are as as quoted in my post!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I give up!

Yay, victory. Does this mean that you'll vote to remain in EU during People's vote in January 17th 2019? ????

23 minutes ago, oilinki said:

In my immediate circle I know four people who voted to leave.

One of them told me that they regretted it as soon as they left the Polling Station.

She said that she suddenly realised that she could provide no sensible reason why she had voted as such.

Her husband told her, later that evening, that he also did not really know why he had voted to leave.

It took a weekend of reflection for the third to come to the same conclusion.

Those three would not now vote the same way.

The fourth remains intransigent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I give up!

I would take what Olly says with a pinch of salt, he openly admitted to me about delivering a snide remark to make the debate more interesting, here is his quote.

"Thanks for forgiving, however I'm not sure for what, but thanks anyway. For me the snide remarks are the fun part of these discussions. A clever remark is a clever one, regardless who says it."

Just now, vogie said:

I would take what Olly says with a pinch of salt, he openly admitted to me about delivering a snide remark to make the debate more interesting, here is his quote.

"Thanks for forgiving, however I'm not sure for what, but thanks anyway. For me the snide remarks are the fun part of these discussions. A clever remark is a clever one, regardless who says it."

The worrying part is that the poster genuinely thinks any of his posts are 'clever' ????????!

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Indeed. It's always better if people who read these posts, have to do some actual thinking what has been said. Sometimes we also need some not so serious discussions.

IIRC that was a compliment to you for a clever remark. 

And no, I don't really think Dick will vote to remain during the People's vote in January. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, whatsupdoc said:

The UK is completely free to leave the EU without a deal. Nobody in the EU is stopping the UK from doing that.

You, Boris, Gove, Farage, smoggy, any anyone else is free to jump off Beachy Head but I will not be following you.

• Confused 1

What a disaster. The UK is like a headless chicken. The elected representatives of the UK agree on a compromise with the EU on common damage limitation. Then the whole thing is again torpedoed and questioned.
So negotiations with the UK make no sense and are pure waste of time and resources.
What a banana republic, full of unresponsive politicians with self-expression complex.

• Like 1

Hmm...

How strange that this is all being stretched out as long as possible after a nice clear referrendum. I clearly sense that the forces of evil are at work.????

The people have voted. They don't want a deal. They want out.

Now put the democracy into action.????

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SteveB2 said:

Hmm...

How strange that this is all being stretched out as long as possible after a nice clear referrendum. I clearly sense that the forces of evil are at work.????

The people have voted. They don't want a deal. They want out.

Now put the democracy into action.????

I accept the result of the referendum, even though I voted to remain. But how many who voted leave did so on the basis of a no deal outcome? I'd say very few. People like Liam Fox said that Brexit deal will be the 'easiest thing in human history'. It hasn't quite gone that way has it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Dead PM walking. Sooner that woman is gone, and someone that can unite the party is installed, the better. The longer she hangs on, the more she looks foolish.

Bye bye May.

Is there a unifying figure waiting in the wings? The tories seem as split on Brexit as the UK population in general.

3 hours ago, Enoon said:

One of them told me that they regretted it as soon as they left the Polling Station.

She said that she suddenly realised that she could provide no sensible reason why she had voted as such.

Her husband told her, later that evening, that he also did not really know why he had voted to leave.

Makes it easy to spot the idiot then. 

5 hours ago, Brunolem said:

This is the BS that is peddled by the globalists who promote the mantra that bigger is better, when the hard facts prove the opposite.

Which countries always come at the top of almost all the rankings?

Always the same: Singapore, Switzerland, Finland, South Korea...

Small or relatively small countries which are not prisoners of any union, and yet manage to do very well.

As the economist EF Schumacher said in the namesake book: Small is Beautiful.

And what would those facts be.

Singapore - The most expensive city in the world and in bed with the USA on defence. A founding member and strong supporter of ASEAN, which is trying to model itself on the EU.

Switzerland - A long history of neutrality providing a sound economic base but still finds the need to be strongly attached to the EU.

Finland - a member of the EU

South Korea - Also in bed with the USA on defence and the EU has been the largest foreign investor for decades.

Are you beginning to see the common denominator. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

What a disaster. The UK is like a headless chicken. The elected representatives of the UK agree on a compromise with the EU on common damage limitation. Then the whole thing is again torpedoed and questioned.
So negotiations with the UK make no sense and are pure waste of time and resources.
What a banana republic, full of unresponsive politicians with self-expression complex.

I'm no Tory or a  fan of May but now there is a mood she's got the best that could be got out of this mess and stuck to her guns whilst spineless men jumped ship and grandstanded with their no details plans. The mood is changing we have a deal let's get it done and let the eurosceptic nuts go back to their mumblings into the wind and bore anybody within earshot. I think she'll get this through or we will remain. Moggy can quit the hedge fund sh^% stirring away as he shills his considerable wealth. Toad of the highest order.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Is there a unifying figure waiting in the wings? The tories seem as split on Brexit as the UK population in general.

This is the outcome of globalization and forced unions: Western populations have never been so divided!

In order to spare us from classic wars, these one world/one market fantasies may end up igniting multiple civil wars!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enoon said:

You can add my Ma and a couple of others to your list. Voted leave for a laugh and are now horrified.

1 minute ago, Brunolem said:

This is the outcome of globalization and forced unions: Western populations have never been so divided!

In order to spare us from classic wars, these one world/one market fantasies may end up igniting multiple civil wars!

You forgot the words sheeple and Soros in your cogent 2 para analysis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1