Fourteen year old girl raped at knife point on Jomtien beach then given 40 baht

webfact

8 hours ago, mok199 said:

Why wouldn't the friends run to the police while the rape was taking place? regardless ..those jet ski beach bullies are the lowest life in pattaya

They were not to be on beaches anymore. The corrupt police still on the take. Where were the police lol.

They are a disgusting site for any tourist. lt should be a government operation. Quality people with uniforms and full insurance. 4 years nothing has been done. ln fact it's worse.

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Burmese workers in the area will probably be feeling concerned, because Thai people couldn't possibly do this could they?

I hope they do catch whoever it was quickly, and put him behind bars where he belongs.

He was back on the beach today. This time with a condom box

5 hours ago, petermik said:

I,m with you..more to this case methinks...young guy offers 500 baht and so called refusal,so why when he "snatched" the girl did her friends not alert someone.....or as LennyW states above was rape only cried when 40 baht was given......:sad:

Regardless of what happened , can we concentrate on the fact that sex with the 14 year old was statutory rape.

5 hours ago, Small Joke said:

Rape is horrendous, but the '...then given 40 baht' just made me spray my coffee.

What the actual...

At least this inkstained clown won't get very far.

May have been something like what that happened to me when I was in high school. Someone stole $10  out of my pants  pocket while I was taking a shower ( I was on track team ) but they left me change(coins) so I could catch a bus home.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Spot on! When I had things stolen on the beach on Phuket years ago, at first all Thais (tourist police, bystanders...) blamed the Cambodian immigrants who were peacefully staying near the beach, minding their own business. The tourist police officers, consequently, walked right to a group of Cambodians, quizzing them... There was no indication, whatsoever, that the perpetrators were Cambodian, but, as it turned out, it was a Thai citizen!

Rapes, thefts...; the first thing Thais do, is blaming foreigners, esp. Cambodians and Burmese. ????

That isn't limited to Thailand. Certain Thai Visa posters from the West appear convinced that no one other than a darkie has ever committed a crime in their home countries.

It was like that back in the day too. Whoever the "foreigners" were - Germans, Irish, Eastern Europeans, Chinese, etc. - were the ones being accused of a criminal mind.

11 hours ago, Kim J said:

Unfortunately in Thailand, catching someone quickly will not necessarily equate to catching the right person. Such things as Protecting the "good image" of the city would be far more important than such minor details.

But they will have DNA, this is Pattaya, not Koh Samui where DNA does not work or is not recognised by the judiciary.

12 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Too busy videoing it for Facebook.

I think that is not fair to the young girls. We don’t know all that was said and done at the scene and who was there.  Never know how you will act at a crime until you experience it. At 14 maybe they froze or .... but hope they catch all involved. 

13 hours ago, mok199 said:

Why wouldn't the friends run to the police while the rape was taking place? regardless ..those jet ski beach bullies are the lowest life in pattaya

Since the abuser was in the early twenties we may asume that the act was almost finished before it started and if the abuser was one of the jet ski bullies then the help from the police may consist of negotiating the price….

Edited by ttrd

12 hours ago, LennyW said:

Friends not intervening, and she was given 40 baht after the encounter, seems a bit odd for sure, i hope it was not a case of the 500 baht not forthcoming so rape was cried.

Where did you buy your crystal bowl?:smile:

9 hours ago, Thechook said:

Seems odd the wait until he has finnished raping her then go to the police.  Nice friends

Maybe they thought she had negotiated a higher price, until she came out and told a different story.

16 hours ago, Thechook said:

Seems odd the wait until he has finnished raping her then go to the police.  Nice friends

Whole scenario sounds odd. Likely fended the others off with the knife at the throat of the victim.

Edited by jacko45k

16 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"Hope the young girl recovers with consequences".

You hope the girl recovers with consequences?  What kind of person are you to say that?  What consequences do you want her to suffer... pregnancy, STDs, trauma?

He’s the type of person who makes typos. It was probably obvious to almost everyone what was meant.

However, I’m afraid there will be serious consequences for this poor child.

17 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Where's BJ, he'll sort it out, no problem. One has to assume the police had the girl checked for penetration etc. Wonder if they took swab samples for DNA testing...or have I assumed to much? Hope the young girl recovers without consequences.

BJ is across the bay supervising the salvaging of a death trap boat from the bottom of the sea.

He's "wonder cop" but can't be in two places at the same time.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Prairieboy said:

Surely one or all of her 'friends' had a cellphone - why would they not phone the police immediately?  Perhaps videoing the action for YouTube.

We may assume that the most of young teens with cell phones don't have a mobile subscription, but a rechardable sim which most of the time is empty and calling the emergency 191 take up to an hour to come through - We cant take if for granted what we are used to function back home when we discuss issues in an highly undeveloped country….

Merging Thailand’s emergency phone numbers to 191

Chakthip says one of the major problems for emergency call centres is the number of prank calls, saying that they currently receive up to 100,000 prank calls each year, wasting the time of the operators and delaying the process of getting response to the real emergencies and people in need.

The new nationally co-ordinated call centre won’t be fully operational until two or three years according to the Thai Police Chief.

https://thethaiger.com/news/merging-thailands-emergency-phone-numbers-to-191

Edited by ttrd

5 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

He’s the type of person who makes typos. It was probably obvious to almost everyone what was meant.

However, I’m afraid there will be serious consequences for this poor child.

You're his spokesman, are you?   It's obvious that you are just assuming that he meant the exact opposite of what he said.

Taking advantage of the poor and desperate (not to mention UNDERAGE) is pure criminal behavior. I wish I had answers. My girlfriend is 46 and she looks just fine to me. I have no understanding of the kind of person who would do this to a young girl.

On 11/16/2018 at 1:28 PM, Thechook said:

This sounds fishy.... also no time given ..was it 4am or 6pm ? I assume after dark....which means this 14 year old or 8th grader should have been home with adult mother, father or guardian ( however here its much different) At night the beach seems less dangerous to teens. Sad we will never know real details.

Edited by POMRAKSIAM

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, LennyW said:

Friends not intervening, and she was given 40 baht after the encounter, seems a bit odd for sure, i hope it was not a case of the 500 baht not forthcoming so rape was cried.

I think your point is quite relevant. 

What were young teenagers doing on the beach at that time of night? (Late?)

How many were there? 

Were they all girls? "THEY were offered"

The  friends only ran to the police AFTER she had been raped?

No phones amongst any of them? no pictures - nothing?

No tent when the police arrived?

I'm of the "hang them' brigade when these matters are printed. But I have to say there are many loopholes in this report …...so far.

On 11/15/2018 at 8:16 PM, mok199 said:

They are always busy with their phones and yet to learn it how to use it in case of emergency. Does Thailand have a hot line for police? 

On 11/17/2018 at 8:42 AM, Prairieboy said:

Surely one or all of her 'friends' had a cellphone - why would they not phone the police immediately?  Perhaps videoing the action for YouTube.

Here is a scenario, and it is only a guess. He was holding a knife to their friend's throat threatening her life, so they were scared to. 

And despite what one reads frequently, police don't always rush to the scene.

• Like 1