542 foreigners arrested in latest weekly crackdown

webfact

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, akirasan said:

No news about the letter that Amnesty International sent to General Rolex about this?

https://www.amnesty.org/download/Documents/ASA3993542018ENGLISH.pdf

All these US and European "NGOs" have just become donation collection machines

They send their letters, use them to raise funds, and the generals keep doing what they are doing. Everyone wins.

AI was at one time, however, a legitimate organization.

1 minute ago, Faikham said:

All these US and European "NGOs" have just become donation collection machines

They send their letters, use them to raise funds, and the generals keep doing what they are doing. Everyone wins.

AI was at one time, however, a legitimate organization.

You are absolutely correct. The letters are not worth the paper they are written on.

The NGO top people live luxurious lives the generals keep doing what they are doing.

Yes, it is a win-win situation.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police searched 262 locations around the country on Thursday and arrested 542 foreigners who have been living in Thailand illegally and/or committed criminal offences.

He said 48 foreigners had been arrested for overstaying their visas, 262 for sneaking into the kingdom without a visa and 232 others on other charges.

More and more, these random raids are looking like a shakedown to fund RTP's gambling, drinking and mia noi/gik addictions.

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

are we at the point yet where being a foreigner is a criminal offense ?

Do the same things not happen in your country? I know in mine the process of getting a visa to live and work there if you come from outside Europe is beyond belief ..it's so difficult, a lot harder than it is here.  

4 hours ago, PatOngo said:

So, who's NOT doing their job?...……………..Build a wall, Maybe?

Walls work, I have a wall around the back of my townhouse in Pak Nam, Samut Prakan....  and ever since it has existed -- I can assure you not one Mexican has breached it ... ????

18 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Walls work, I have a wall around the back of my townhouse in Pak Nam, Samut Prakan....  and ever since it has existed -- I can assure you not one Mexican has breached it ... ????

You are lucky, El Chappo is incarcerated!

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I think 'Thailand' should go about their arresting of foreigners and deporting them in a more tactful way. 

You ever walked through the 'nothing to declare' part of an airport and suddenly felt uncomfortable and nervous, even though you know you've done nothing wrong and you really do have nothing to declare? Yea, that's the feeling some genuine tourists and expats may be feeling when seeing these kind of stories, etc. 

I have the same feeling in any country. Don't think thats the issue. I just think that the priorities is non-exsistant in the Thai dictionary.

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I think 'Thailand' should go about their arresting of foreigners and deporting them in a more tactful way. 

You ever walked through the 'nothing to declare' part of an airport and suddenly felt uncomfortable and nervous, even though you know you've done nothing wrong and you really do have nothing to declare? Yea, that's the feeling some genuine tourists and expats may be feeling when seeing these kind of stories, etc. 

Genuine tourists and legal expats have nothing to fear, its the wrongdoers who should !

5 hours ago, YetAnother said:

are we at the point yet where being a foreigner is a criminal offense ?

Passed that land mark years ago. I believe the Thai constitution is the only one that does not recognise human rights. I stand to be and will be no doubt corrected on this I hope.

I have no argument with rounding up illegals but I question why this is apparently being done by the Traffic Police rather than Immigration. Surely their time would be better spent actually enforcing the road rules and apprehending and punishing the transgressors who have turned Thai roads into the world's most dangerous.

6 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Well, you know how bad Thais are with numbers, figures and decimals.... for example, "99,500" probably was meant to be only "995.00".

I think the figure is actually 99 1/2 foreigners arrested since some countries use the comma as the decimal point.  ????

5 hours ago, vinegarbase said:

I am waiting for the day they lock all foreigners bank accounts and make them leave with just the clothes on their back. Then they can all throw a big nationwide party at the Farangs expense. 

Be careful what you wish for vinegarbase! :shock1:

6 hours ago, ravip said:

Is it a crime to kick out foreigners who have no visa, fake visas &/or overstayed? Should Thailand do away with the visa system and welcome all & sundry?

ask those  officials who are  complicit in  letting  them in .....for a price

6 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

All these numbers are a damning indictment of the ineffectiveness of the immigration department. As Head (or acting head) shouldn't BJ be looking within to fix the problem?

This is it, myself and others have asked this before.

With the total lack of critical thinking this question is not addressed by the authorities, of course there is the issue of face as well.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Couldnt fit any more in there , the 20 cartons of Marlboro lights and the 5 baby Pelicans was talking up all the room

You are a bloody disgrace to the human race sanemax. You have 5 poor baby pelicans in your bag. Haven't you heard the saying about pelicans "Its beak holds more than it's belly can" that is another 5 bottles of scotch, 1 in each of the pelicans beaks. Bloody hell mate and you call yourself a man. I have my doubts now.

Archived