Udon Thani 65,000 baht retirement extension rules

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

And so, now here go. How do you prove to the bank official that money is coming from abroad?

They have a full trace of the transaction - I have seen one, but it requires head office intervention

I have 2 Thai bank accounts - one in sterling and one in Thai baht, I transfer money from the UK to my sterling account 2x yearly and generally go online and exchange (average) 50k a month into my Thai baht account from my sterling account, this is all very easy to see from my bankbooks for both accounts 

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

And so, now here go. How do you prove to the bank official that money is coming from abroad?

All my transfers into the country have the FTT (foreign telex transfer) code in my bank book and on internet banking they are shown as "international transfer".

Or are you referring to transferwise transfers?

From the OP: “From now on i will be sure to always deposit at least 65,000 baht monthly into my bank account.”

I'm on a marriage visa extension however my local immigration office has told me the exact same thing.  I’m gonna start doing exactly what you’re gonna do that’s a great plan!  My extension expires in February so I’ll renew it in either late December 45 days early or early January 30 days early using my income affidavit this one last time.  My local immigration office told me Friday that when I come back for my extension in probably January to make sure that I bring my income affidavit and they did confirm that the income affidavit will be accepted in January and of course up to six months after the date of completion, my local immigration office was very reassuring about that and they actually told me that I will in fact need the income affidavit in January.  They said that’s internal immigration policy regarding the income affidavits being valid for up to six months after the date of completion for ALL immigration offices.  So basically I was told pretty much exactly the same thing you were by my local immigration office it sounds like anyway, although I skimmed through your post because I’m kind of in a hurry but it looks like exactly what I was told at my immigration office Friday.  So it sounds like most of the immigration offices are actually on the same page for the exception of MAYBE a few who probably just haven’t got the word yet or whatever but it sounds like they’re actually mostly on the same page this time. 

Then either next month on payday or in January on payday I’ll open a Thai bank account and start transferring probably half of my monthly pension payments into a Thai bank account or at the very minimum at least the minimum monthly income requirement EVERY MONTH FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR EVERY YEAR like you said.  That’s also been my plan as well but I’m on a marriage visa but my monthly pension payments are more than double the minimum monthly income requirement so I’m covered there.  Then when I do my visa extension in January 2020 I should be covered for next time. 

Your plan sounds great and that’s exactly what I’ve been planning on doing as well.  It’s good to see that there are some other intelligent people on this forum.  Now I really gotta stop reading these posts this one was actually intelligent but some of them are just really dumb.  There are a lot of really weird people on this forum but it’s good to see some intelligent posts like this one.  The man with the most factual knowledge on this forum is a guy under the screen name UbonJoe he’s the only person I take advice from on this forum because he goes by facts that I can verify.  Anyway I gotta go I’ve got a long road trip ahead of me and a busy few days and I’m trying to get over the flu.  I was laid up with the flu yesterday and I ended up reading a lot of these posts.  Normally I don’t even bother reading these anymore because there’s so much false misinformation being spread about what’s happening now and a lot of strange people on here but this OP actually made a good point and that’s exactly my plan as well.  

Every once in a while there are actually some intelligent people on here that go by facts instead of here say information as so many other people on here do.  I’ve also found that some people deliberately post false information on here just to try and get people spun up and just to spread fear and doom and gloom.  I really don’t understand why people do that, it’s probably the people who the income verification changes coming mid next year will actually negatively affect, the people who don’t have enough money to legally live here and are just jealous of the rest of us who do.  

Anyway I was happy to read an actual intelligent post from the OP, someone using the same plan I am.  I’m still gonna ignore a lot of the other posts in here though, except for one person in here who knows what he’s talking about UbonJoe.  

Also to the OP make sure the deposits into your Thai bank account are electronic transfers from your bank in the states to your Thai bank account because according to the embassy and other factual information I’ve received that’s probably what Thai immigration will want to see when they verify our income after the income affidavits totally go away in the middle of next year.  Just a tip, don’t just deposit cash or they might think you are working here, make sure that it shows on paper that the deposits are coming from the states.  That’s what I’m going to do next time after the income affidavits eventually go away.  I’m sure you probably already knew that.  As long as we fall within Thai immigration laws we should not have anything to worry about.  You sound like an intelligent guy.  

Edited by Issanjohn
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I can't imagine that 65,000 must be transfered each month. Do you really think they will reject a one time transfer of B780,000, or quarterly transfers of B195,000?

If you want to go that way why not just  use the THB 400000/800000 for the 2or 3 month seasoning , That's what I do.Peace of cake so  they say.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

All my transfers into the country have the FTT (foreign telex transfer) code in my bank book and on internet banking they are shown as "international transfer".

I spoke with my bank in the states and that sounds like how I’m going to be doing mine for a small international transfer fee. My bank just calls them “international account transfers”.  As long as it gets done every month that’s all I want.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I can't imagine that 65,000 must be transfered each month. Do you really think they will reject a one time transfer of B780,000, or quarterly transfers of B195,000?

Rhis is of concern to me, also.
Through discussions with my Thai partner over the past four years I have come to the inescapable conclusion that the principle of "averaging" is considered "higher mathematics", and is beyond the ability of the average (DELIBERATE USAGE) publicly educated Thai person, to include many college graduates.
Any educators able to weigh in on this? I would be pleased to learn that I am full of beans, but college educated Fon has had a hard time grasping the concept that my average monthly income of 100,000+ baht does not mean 100,000 is available to spend every month. ☺️
The goal is to have 780,000 per annum, using the 65,000 per month (800,000 for the aged deposit method), or 480,000 deposited over a year of 40,000/ month if married, vs the annual aged deposit of 400,000 baht.
I admit to having had trouble with calculus, but this is arithmetic. Why 20,000 less gross total if on retirement and using a monthly calculation, while 80,000 more using the monthly income figure on the basis of marriage? Be sure she will find a use for that 80,000 "extra"!????

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes UJ we are discussing TransferWise, but just a slight aside, when my pension payments are credited to Krungsri, there is nothing to differentiate them from domestic deposits either. It's the same TN code as T/W. Go figure.

Edited by Moonlover

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Yes UJ we are discussing TransferWise, but just a slight aside, when my pension payments are credited to Krungsri, there is nothing to differentiate then from domestic deposit either. It's the same TN code as T/W. Go figure.

It’s really simple Thai bank account bank statements will verify the transfers no problem when the income affidavits eventually go away as long as you actually receive the income you should be fine.  Maybe you should use Bangkok Bank that’s not a problem with them.  

Edited by Issanjohn

13 minutes ago, OJAS said:

The issue here is how a particular transfer can be proved as having originated from abroad if it is not coded "FTT" or similar in the receiving Thai bank account passbook - which, as far as Immigration are concerned, will almost certainly be the definitive document. So, rather than a TW confirmation being used in isolation to prove the foreign provenance of a particular transfer, it will more likely be read in tandem with the relevant passbook. And, as @Moonlover has intimated, TW confirmations include details of the exact net THB transfer and Thai bank account number, which can both be compared with the passbook.

In photoshop, one would use one's domestic xferrs from one Thai account to the other for reference, and paste those values into your fake transferwise document, to make the domestic transfers appear to be foreign.  Then just move the money back and forth.  The same could be done internationally, of course, but at greater expense and trouble.

13 minutes ago, OJAS said:

A further advantage of TW - ... by which time your home country currency might have depreciated in value against the THB by a sufficient margin as to result in the net credit falling short of the required 65,000 THB and you finding yourself in deep doo-dah with Immigration at annual extension of stay application time.

Don't make it close.  Transfer well-enough to be over the minimum.

If some want to risk TW in the hopes it will wash, to save some money on transfers/rates/etc, it is your call.  Who knows - maybe what I'm doing (direct-transfers at higher cost and uncertain xfer-date) won't work either.  We are all pretty much guessing, and going off of a couple reports, at this point.

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

when my pension payments are credited to Krungsri, there is nothing to differentiate them from domestic deposits either. It's the same TN code as T/W. Go figure.

Hopefully, the bank-document to be used at immigration will show funds-origin.  Maybe TW will also show as foreign on that document at your bank. 

If not on either case - check with your bank - I would open a Bangkok-Bank account, so you can prove beyond any doubt your money is coming from abroad to the IO, with the bank's certified letter.

18 hours ago, american said:

I "think/guess" immigration is trying to enforce a steady monthly income, which most people need. They don't want to see months of no deposits and then 1 sudden huge deposit. As in so many things, rules are created without always seeming to make sense or be reasonable.  I just passed on what I was told. i understand many will not like or agree with how the 65,000 baht will be calculated or resolved at Thai immigration. I'm not judging, just passing on what i was told at Thai immigration.TIT. it is up to us to follow their rules. of course, this and any other rules can change on a moments notice.

immigration is trying to enforce a steady monthly income”. EXACTLY RIGHT!!  I actually like the monthly income requirements so I don’t have to transfer my entire savings over here.  I’ll just transfer half of my monthly pension payments into a Thai bank account or at least the minimum monthly income requirement.  My immigration office told me pretty much the same thing they told you especially the part you said about the income affidavits being valid for six months during this transition period.  You actually sound intelligent, you’re basically following the same plan that I am.  And I think it’s a good idea and I think it’s smart.  That’s what I’m going to do as well.  Definitely not a bad idea in fact that’s probably what we’re all going to have to do eventually.  Anyway I really gotta sign off and go somewhere.  I’ve been reading a lot of these posts over the past few days because I’ve been laid up with the flu and it’s nice to actually read an intelligent post.  

Edited by Issanjohn
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, american said:

I just posted this subject  and apologize for the following errors:

1. My spellcheck function is not working.

2. Before posting this, i tried to rewrite some parts. Tht has resulted in some strange formatting  of what I wrote.

3. This is my first ever posting. I will need to get used to all of the rules for postings. i will learn in time.

AMERICAN

Probably I have missed a bit, but in one year's time if nothing changes will your 65,000 per month give you another extension?

Well as long as this is now show&tell time, I did my first transfer of 65K+ baht with an FTT in the passbook this month instead of my usual ATM and/or BKK Bank ACH transfer to Thailand.

But if this extension via monthly income route hasn't been all worked out by July 2019, I am ticketed to go to the USA to do a O-A and screw the IMM folks.

• Like 2

Here we go again. Yet another thread repeating the same information on all the other threads time and time again. I think its about time that all new threads on this subject are closed down as soon as they are started. They are becoming boring and with the absence of an official announcement the informaion contained is being taken as FACT by many posters. A very dangerous situation.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, rott said:

Probably I have missed a bit, but in one year's time if nothing changes will your 65,000 per month give you another extension?

Based on this report - yes.  But there has been no official announcement from the top.  And even when/if there is an official announcement, we don't know whether the bosses will demand that all offices to follow the directive, or just let them do their own thing, as is often the case.

28 minutes ago, Issanjohn said:

immigration is trying to enforce a steady monthly income”. EXACTLY RIGHT!!  I actually like the monthly income requirements so I don’t have to transfer my entire savings over here.  I’ll just transfer half of my monthly pension payments into a Thai bank account or at least the minimum monthly income requirement.  My immigration office told me pretty much the same thing they told you especially the part you said about the income affidavits being valid for six months during this transition period.  You actually sound intelligent, you’re basically following the same plan that I am.  And I think it’s a good idea and I think it’s smart.  That’s what I’m going to do as well.  Definitely not a bad idea in fact that’s probably what we’re all going to have to do eventually.  Anyway I really gotta sign off and go somewhere.  I’ve been reading a lot of these posts over the past few days because I’ve been laid up with the flu and it’s nice to actually read an intelligent post.  

From Immigration's point of view, a good argument in favour of monthly income evidence goes like this.

It is possible to borrow 800/400k for 2 or 3 months, (think agencies) but it's very difficult to borrow a continuous stream of 65/40k every month.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Well as long as this is now show&tell time, I did my first transfer of 65K+ baht with an FTT in the passbook this month instead of my usual ATM and/or BKK Bank ACH transfer to Thailand.

But if this extension via monthly income route hasn't been all worked out by July 2019, I am ticketed to go to the USA to do a O-A and screw the IMM folks.

Can you pass the syphilis test?  Just joking:)

I believe that still requires a criminal background check.

The Los Angeles office a few years ago required a "Livescan" check. Not the receipt but the result copy.

Back then it took 45 to 60 days to get the results.

Just be prepared.  Maybe email or call the office you will be using and ask them about this.

Also, as far as I know you cannot get an extension in the US.  You will have to reapply and go thru all it again.

19 hours ago, Longcut said:

Please don't take this personally. I salute you for this report and also thank you. But, I think the IO was being moronic. What difference can it possibly make what the monthly total deposit is if it averages out come next year when you reapply? It is this reasoning here that so infuriates me. 

I know I am venting and I apologise. 

Just to add my 2 cents worth... and small amount of venting of my own. 

What you have said ("think the IO was being moronic") requires Logic ... wait a minute... Logic in Thailand? They have no idea of what the word means. It is missing throughout the Kingdom. It is not taught in schools no is its very notion.

We will all have to wait and see what actually comes down from upon high and how loud those citizens from those countries doing away with Income Affidavits can be. Well we can hope cant we? 5555.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ebumbu said:

You put your 65 in, and take your 65 out. You put your 65 in, and you shake it all about. Do the hokey pokey and extend another year. That's what it's all about! 

Crazy as it sounds...that's exactly how this 65,000 baht/month deposit of funds requirement could be addressed.

Edited by ddotmark
typo correction
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2018 at 11:25 AM, gamini said:

I am suffering from an incurable fatal lung disease thanks to second-hand smoke. It appals me that some inconsiderate posters on this forum criticised Thailands efforts to curb smoking. For people like me and many others I can only applaud the government's efforts.

6 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

You are asking thinking that Thai Imm can think logically and see the logic in what you have suggested... it will never happen. They still cannot explain how 65K a month (for a full 12 months... or is it for 6 , 3, 2 months?) equals 800K for a year (or a combination of both... or is that still in play?). T

The whole system is silly, unrealistic and does not answer or solve any issues. Besides, living in certain provinces is far cheaper than others.

I mean you try and live on 65K a month is BKK or CM (and I am not counting the 'social' goings on). Oh, you can do it and some do (YouTube is full of those vids) and it does all depend upon what you do, how one lives and life style/requirements, etc. But in Issan, or Tak provinces for example... one would be hard pressed to need 65K to live a very good life, in a good house (with all the mod cons), eating out (not just street food...  but Shabu Sushi, Pizza Company, etc). Shop at the mall. go to clubs, and all the rest. The point is  the costs of living there are dependent upon where one is living. So therefore a requirement for everyone to have that 65k/ 800k/400k is unrealistic. Besides, Imm require all to report every 90-days and register their address (with Imm and have that confirmed by one of their own citizens > the house owner/landlord)! Some Imm even make spot checks to make sure one does live there. So, it should be easy enough to have different requirements for different regions/provinces where the applicant (which is what we all are when we go in to arrange/renew our visas) live/reside. But that requires logic. That is without doubt in very short supply in general population of LOL and throughout its administration.

Also, someone want to explain to me why it is 800K for single and only 400K for married (to a Thai with/or without children)? Seems to me that ... logically... it should be the other way around. Sounds like the wife is getting a bum deal there. 

We Farangs that have lived here and have been for years now, and have stayed out of trouble, given back to our communities, followed the rules, and have always tried to represent ourselves, our countries of origin, and Thailand in a positive light. In short we are some of the best voices for promoting Thailand. That is something that the authorities should try and remember and use... not make things harder. Or is that they want us from the West out and the the 'friends' from the North to really take over?

This income system was always your average monthly income because most government pensions are not paid by the calendar month but are paid by the weekly system. My Australian pension if paid into my Australian bank account gets paid every 2 weeks, that is 26 payments for the year but if it gets paid into my Thai bank account it gets paid every 4 weeks, that is 13 payments for the year therefore if Thai immigration want my income paid into my Thai bank account then I would miss out on the required amount because if paid into my Thai bank account on any given month would only be 4 weeks income. The way that it has always been is that they used to take my yearly income and divide it by 12 to give the average monthly income but if they go by the monthly bank book then I have lost the claim of 1 x 4 week income payment

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ddotmark said:

I keep on seeing conversations of people saying you must show "foreign" money transfers from "abroad" into your Thai bank account.  Yet when I read the information on the Thai Immigration website (https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_22), nowhere do I read money has to be shown "coming from" or "transferred in from abroad". 

(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month; or
(4) On the filing date, the applicant must have account  deposited  (saving / fixed account) in a bank in Thailand of no less than
Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a
deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to
the filing date; or
(5) Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht
800,000 as of the filing date.

I read money has to be "deposited" in a Thai bank account. Therefore, I could just bring cash...walk into my Thai Bank and deposit the cash money in my account.

I currently use Transferwise to send funds from the US to my Bangkok Bank account.  The transfer does not show up as a Foreign Transfer. It does show up as a transfer deposit.

Am I not reading the Thai Immigration information correctly? 

That' the way I read it too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Just be prepared.  <snip> Also, as far as I know you cannot get an extension in the US.  You will have to reapply and go thru all it again.

Thank  you, Mother. If the OA doesn't work I'll still have time to do the 800K 3-month in the oven extension before my current extension is as Cinderella's pumpkin.

23 hours ago, Lumbini said:

Thanks , it’s nice to know they will honor the affidavit for 6 months .

Indeed, there have been some recent posts here where the posters at least seemed to say that the letters themselves were only going to be accepted during 2018, and not for the further 6 months into 2019.

I'm hoping that was either a misunderstanding on the posters part, confusion about the end date for the embassies issuing letters vs how long Immigration will accept them, or the usual TH-EN comprehension problems, or perhaps the IOs themselves being confused.

Hopefully, Immigration will indeed honor the normal 6 month validity period for income letters, even after the respective embassies have stopped issuing new ones.

5 hours ago, Issanjohn said:

From the OP: “From now on i will be sure to always deposit at least 65,000 baht monthly into my bank account.”

I'm on a marriage visa extension however my local immigration office has told me the exact same thing.  I’m gonna start doing exactly what you’re gonna do that’s a great plan!  My extension expires in February so I’ll renew it in either late December 45 days early or early January 30 days early using my income affidavit this one last time.  My local immigration office told me Friday that when I come back for my extension in probably January to make sure that I bring my income affidavit and they did confirm that the income affidavit will be accepted in January and of course up to six months after the date of completion, my local immigration office was very reassuring about that and they actually told me that I will in fact need the income affidavit in January.  They said that’s internal immigration policy regarding the income affidavits being valid for up to six months after the date of completion for ALL immigration offices.  So basically I was told pretty much exactly the same thing you were by my local immigration office it sounds like anyway, although I skimmed through your post because I’m kind of in a hurry but it looks like exactly what I was told at my immigration office Friday.  So it sounds like most of the immigration offices are actually on the same page for the exception of MAYBE a few who probably just haven’t got the word yet or whatever but it sounds like they’re actually mostly on the same page this time. 

Then either next month on payday or in January on payday I’ll open a Thai bank account and start transferring probably half of my monthly pension payments into a Thai bank account or at the very minimum at least the minimum monthly income requirement EVERY MONTH FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR EVERY YEAR like you said.  That’s also been my plan as well but I’m on a marriage visa but my monthly pension payments are more than double the minimum monthly income requirement so I’m covered there.  Then when I do my visa extension in January 2020 I should be covered for next time. 

Your plan sounds great and that’s exactly what I’ve been planning on doing as well.  It’s good to see that there are some other intelligent people on this forum.  Now I really gotta stop reading these posts this one was actually intelligent but some of them are just really dumb.  There are a lot of really weird people on this forum but it’s good to see some intelligent posts like this one.  The man with the most factual knowledge on this forum is a guy under the screen name UbonJoe he’s the only person I take advice from on this forum because he goes by facts that I can verify.  Anyway I gotta go I’ve got a long road trip ahead of me and a busy few days and I’m trying to get over the flu.  I was laid up with the flu yesterday and I ended up reading a lot of these posts.  Normally I don’t even bother reading these anymore because there’s so much false misinformation being spread about what’s happening now and a lot of strange people on here but this OP actually made a good point and that’s exactly my plan as well.  

Every once in a while there are actually some intelligent people on here that go by facts instead of here say information as so many other people on here do.  I’ve also found that some people deliberately post false information on here just to try and get people spun up and just to spread fear and doom and gloom.  I really don’t understand why people do that, it’s probably the people who the income verification changes coming mid next year will actually negatively affect, the people who don’t have enough money to legally live here and are just jealous of the rest of us who do.  

Anyway I was happy to read an actual intelligent post from the OP, someone using the same plan I am.  I’m still gonna ignore a lot of the other posts in here though, except for one person in here who knows what he’s talking about UbonJoe.  

Also to the OP make sure the deposits into your Thai bank account are electronic transfers from your bank in the states to your Thai bank account because according to the embassy and other factual information I’ve received that’s probably what Thai immigration will want to see when they verify our income after the income affidavits totally go away in the middle of next year.  Just a tip, don’t just deposit cash or they might think you are working here, make sure that it shows on paper that the deposits are coming from the states.  That’s what I’m going to do next time after the income affidavits eventually go away.  I’m sure you probably already knew that.  As long as we fall within Thai immigration laws we should not have anything to worry about.  You sound like an intelligent guy.  

Thank you for your kind reply. Our plans of action seem very similiar. I plan to use my American debit card at my Thai bank and receive a "cash advance" monthly of a minimum of 65,000 baht. The paper printout I receive from the bank shows the cash was drawn out of my American bank along with the last 3's of my American debit card and the date is also printed. I will deposit that EXACT same amount of converted cash into my Thai bank. I'll meet the monthly minimum 65,000 and my 12 month total will meet Thai requirements. My bank book and paper "cash advances"printout will meet the Thai rules. sometimes the ink fades on the "cash advnce"paper printouts and becomes illegible, so I plan to photo each paper slip for backup. I think, so far, Based on current rules, I'm covered. And you seem to have thought this through also. 

all retirees need to try and plan ahead and try to stay abreast of the coming rules. with income affdavids disappearing, Thai rules will also.  for a while, it's going to probably be a bumpy ride, more for some than others. Good luck to uss all.

Again. thank for your compliments on my posting. it' alsways nice to be appreciated.

American

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

The requirement for retirement is

The alien:
(1) Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).
(2) Must be 50 years of age or over.
(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month; or
(4) On the filing date, the applicant must have account  deposited  (saving / fixed account) in a bank in Thailand of no less than
Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a
deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to
the filing date; or
(5) Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht
800,000 as of the filing date.
(6) An alien who entered the Kingdom before October 21, 1998 and has been consecutively
permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:

Copied from https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_18
"Evidence of income of no less than B65,000 / month." No mention of being deposited in a Thai bank. That is what the affidavit proved. 

If it is deposited monthly into a Thai bank, surely no affidavit is required, preferably a letter from the Thai bank and copies of passbook.

On a slightly different subject, if the B800,000  or B400,000 (Marriage) is imported to a Thai bank account and duly seasoned for the required period, is there any demand that says the money must stay in the account or be used for living expenses during the coming year. I am curious as to what happens if money is imported then after the extension is granted, it is repatriated to the bank of its origin. Can this be done? 

This year, well for extension from 20th Jan next, I shall for the first, and it seems clear last, time be using a British Embassy letter. Previously I used 400k for marriage extension but my circumstances changed this year, now on monthly paid pensions, so thought I'd use this. Also because I do not spend anything like a full year here as I still have a home in Europe.

Anyway, I have in the past deposited 400 k or topped up to 400k in good time for seasoning. Once I have my extension and when I return to Europe for a while I extract sufficient in cash exchange it back to euros and repatriate. No comment from IO, and how could they know anyway? tThey just see one or several cash withdrawals. Looks like next autumn and for 2020 I shall have to go back to that. Frankly it's a bummer, with extra cost, over an Embassy letter and then just sending over here what I and my wife ( who joins me in Europe too, so she's not needing cash here all the time either and we have no dependants here) actually need here which is usually significantly less than 400k

• Like 1