Online shopping on Powerbuy

Mee Phan

Hi everyone,

Me and my friend are new here in Bangkok for more than 2 months. Last week my friend moved to new studio and decided to shop some home appliances. I bought few stuffs from Powerbuy (by pick up at store and bought directly at store) and had good experience so I suggested her to go with Powerbuy. So finally, she made an order on Powerbuy website, with the bill was around 8k for 4,5 things, nice prices.

But here comes trouble. She chose to have a home delivery on Saturday afternoon at around 5pm and got an confirm email. She waited for the whole night, no one called. On sunday morning, she went to Powerbuy at Robinson and tried to talk to CS dept there but it didn't work though my friend told me that she saw on the Powerbuy website that all Powerbuy store are willing to help. Ok maybe we are lil naive here.

My friend decided to call the hotline, 1st CS lady was quite sassy and told us to wait for her to check and would contact back at 2pm. we waited until 2pm, no one called. We called them again, another CS girl, she ask several questions and told us to wait again and she would contact back at 8pm. At 6pm, she did call back. At first, she told us to make an online order again and the old order will be cancel and they would return us the money within 30 days =.=. Hell no. Then, when my friend told her that this wasnt fair for her because she waited for 5 days not for this kind of sh*t happened hello. Then CS girl keep saying sorry sorry and explained something was wrong blah blah. Then she asked my friend the day she wanted to receive the order. My friend said: Ok, the latest day is Wednesday, no more waiting. The CS girl said on Monday 1pm she would call back to confirm whether powerbuy can make it or not.

What da hell...? I mean seriously? I would never imagine that they could be "irresponsible". They didnt even try to call back when they couldnt make a delivery. And their solution was so "supportive and amazing". 

I dont know if anyone here already had the same problem with online order from Powerbuy? If yes please share your idea on how my friend should react in this case. Of course for now, my friend just only want them to deliver on the day that they tried to promise. She doesnt expect for any "compensatory" from them. Sorry this thing just happened recently and I somehow cant control my mood well.

Thank you for your reading. We are really appreciated for any help here. 

• Sad 1

Remember to buy from Lazada next time , you can always trust them with deliveries. Probably also cheaper from Lazada than Powerbuy.  

Anyway I would contact the manager of Powerbuy , use social media and maybe contact local news media if it does not get solved soon . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, balo said:

Remember to buy from Lazada next time , you can always trust them with deliveries. Probably also cheaper from Lazada than Powerbuy.  

Anyway I would contact the manager of Powerbuy , use social media and maybe contact local news media if it does not get solved soon . 

Go straight to the top.....works for me every time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, balo said:

Surprisingly not ....... and HomePro too (but only online sales).

The big stores are matching or beating Lazada with large TVs and the like.

Was looking at 65" LGs this week (65UK6540PTD), cheapest place HomePro online at 31K (35k in the shop).

Currently, have the same problem with an online purchase from Lazada, stuck on 'processing'

Lazada can't or won't cancel, they say just refuse delivery when/if it arrives.

Edited by BritManToo

17 hours ago, balo said:

Er, so you mean just come to any Powerbuy store and ask to meet the manager? we really dont know how to approach the manager since my friend made online order. Couldnt ask on the hotline either for sure. And their facebook page, event email are so hard to get in touch. 

But thanks for your advice ????

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Surprisingly not ....... and HomePro too (but only online sales).

The big stores are matching or beating Lazada with large TVs and the like.

Was looking at 65" LGs this week (65UK6540PTD), cheapest place HomePro online at 31K (35k in the shop).

Currently, have the same problem with an online purchase from Lazada, stuck on 'processing'

Lazada can't or won't cancel, they say just refuse delivery when/if it arrives.

uncomfortable right? i mean in my home country, lazada has the same problem.

• Like 1

I use Lazada quite a bit. But I order everything COD. If they don't deliver, I don't pay. No problem.

COD = You pay cash to the delivery person when the item is actually delivered.

Cuts down on the drama factor of paying first and then worrying about delivery.

Be aware that many different vendors sell on Lazada. Check the seller ratings before ordering.

Lazada has very competitive prices and most things are delivered within 3 days, in my experience.