Suspects sought in Thai-Korean sex ring

webfact

Suspects sought in Thai-Korean sex ring

By The Nation

3197b037cbb45442338d14afd9218579.jpeg

The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) is hunting for 10 people suspected of luring women into the sex trade in South Korea.

“We will request the extradition of seven South Korean suspects,” deputy director general Pol Colonel Songsak Raksaksakul said on Sunday.

Arrest warrants have been issued for the 10 suspects. The other three are Thai.

Chaichan Ratphothong, 33, was arrested last Wednesday in Nakhon Ratchasima in connection with the case.

The alleged victims – the number has not been disclosed – were ostensibly hired as masseuses but on arrival in South Korea their passports were confiscated and they were forced to provide sex services. 

Police there freed them early last year and have arrested suspects, all Koreans.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30358783

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-19

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Even if you are right, and I don’t believe you are, that does not justify the sexual exploitation and enslavement of those trafficked by the scum who profit from this evil trade. 

I actually agree with you that the black soul sex traffickers are just pure evil. One reason I take watch and close care of my son and daughter too much as it is in our backyards as well. And they re 17 and 15 yrs old and not street wise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

I was once on a flight to South Korea and there was a Thai woman who had two south korean men with her. She obviously was not married to either and she had the "look". How she did not get profiled while going through customs is beyond me.

Is that really beyond you?

Hurry up and save the Thai girls and deport them back to Thailand immediately. I heard there are many more in Western countries around the world including poor exploited Thai's working for low wages that need to be rescued as well. Please find and deport them as well so they can get back home where they will be safe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Massage always has happy ending. The girls are only prisoners if they were truly clueless. 

No it doesn't. Not everyone visits sex massages as you appear to do. Try the real health spas - where you won't get a happy ending but will get a real massage for a change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Ignorance, bubble headed on a girls part is the clueless factor. It is compounded with gullible, and this is the problem. Mention the word massage, and they should have been running for the hills. 

Wrong again. Try poverty, desperation for money and the powerful drives to believe what you want to believe when desperate to earn money.

The scum that manipulate and con women like this deserve very severe punishments.

One of the problems is bubble headed people who think massages are only about sex. 

There is a good Thai massage spa in Amsterdam, located quite close to the famous red light district. They have a big sign in many languages stating that it is a traditional health massages being offered and that sexual services are not provided. They have to do that because there are so many uneducated people about.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

No it doesn't. Not everyone visits sex massages as you appear to do. Try the real health spas - where you won't get a happy ending but will get a real massage for a change.

Sorry. Don't make assumptions. I have been around the block a time or two but I am only captain foot massage when I entertain business and friends coming her. 

Wrong again. Try poverty, desperation for money and the powerful drives to believe what you want to believe when desperate to earn money.

The scum that manipulate and con women like this deserve very severe punishments.

One of the problems is bubble headed people who think massages are only about sex. 

There is a good Thai massage spa in Amsterdam, located quite close to the famous red light district. They have a big sign in many languages stating that it is a traditional health massages being offered and that sexual services are not provided. They have to do that because there are so many uneducated people about.

Ignorance and the want for money = stupidity. I probably have more above board massages in 1 year than you do, but this is not a competition. It is part of my being host with groups who visit as I will take care showing around. Don't toot your horn so much, but I can see it bothers you.

BB 0P is about suspects in a group of people praying on the lack of knowledge that some girls may get into. Nothing to do with H.C.' exploits in Thailand. I have met a few girls entering into 'contact' which means they get money and then have to work it off. They then go to the immigration agents when that finishes and finally here in OZ they would end up at the mercy of solicitors and barristers in the high court. Process 10+ years with about $500,000 paid in arrangements to keep them working. The people exploiting these girls are pure animals. They deserve all they get. But there is another layer that walks free. That's sad.

Sorry BB but you ain't got a clue. 

• Like 1

Sorry, but 95% of these girls are going to these places (Arab countries, Korea, etc.) with full knowledge it is a sexual services situation.  I have talked to several Thai girls who have done this and they can make 300,000 b + a month for having sex with customers. 

Some of you think they are innocent girls from a legit massage shop or hotel or 7-11??

No, they are mostly recruited from the full service sex venues mostly in Bangkok and Pattaya.

It is huge business with lots of money being made usually a Thai female recruiter who manages things.

The problem I have heard from girls is that they sometimes they have to service 10 plus customers a day.

Thus, the confiscation of their passports when they arrive as some girls want to leave after a short time due to the work demand when in fact a financial investment of airfare, etc. has been made to get them to these places.

I am not saying any of this is right.  I am only saying these girls are not mostly some stupid victim and in fact took time away from family etc. in Thailand to make some big money in a foreign country providing sexual services.

Of course when the cops show up they are innocent victims and knew nothing about this.

Edited by bkk6060

For me, there are two issues. First, did the women know? I would guess that 99.9% are fully aware. This brings me to the second issue and the biggest issue as far as the girls are concerned. Are they being remunerated to the level promised? This is the ladies big complaint. Passports withheld, high interests on costs/expenses to get the women into Korea. The high cost of accommodation, the amount paid for servicing clients. This is where the complaint issue is with trafficking. There are plenty of more than willing Thai ladies. The problem is unscrupulous employers taking advantage of Thai women working illegally in Korea in an illegal industry who have no protection. Legalize and license. Bring the industry out of the shadows and the ladies can be protected from the "mafia"

11 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Massage always has happy ending. The girls are only prisoners if they were truly clueless. 

I lived in Korea for several years....a lot of the Thai women working there were completely clues less and very young. They were never paid for their services so they could never pay back their debt for the "travel expenses" to obtain their freedom. The Koreans looked at them as less than human and marveled how anyone could be so stupid as to have allowed themselves to be put into that position and would congratulate themselves on being born Korean and therefore far superior to any other people. The South Korean government just stuck their heads in the sand and hoped the issue would fade away anytime it got publicized.