Your favorite area in Chiang Mai city for living

jackdd

I’d take my time.

People told me that but I never listened.

i bought a house in the country and now (5 years later) can’t be bothered going there.

So ....the message is...things change.

As far as being close to the old city, this might change too.

i used to go all the time and now I don’t.

As far as the Smokey Season (March April etc)......I go away and everyone I know goes away too. The beach, their own country etc etc..

As far as traffic...it was different for me before I had a car. With a car I’m quite careful of where and when I go...

If you have a car or plan to get one....parking is a big consideration.

if you stay with your bike then it’s a lot easier and more fun and of course dangerous....but that up to you.

My friend is in Bangcoq Hospital right now for eg....

Things change as you get older.

A pool is important now whereas before it wasn’t (exercise)

Being easy and close to good food is important to me now. 

Before I would be happy to go out every night....that wore thin after a while.

Best of luck....it’s s great place. PM if you want...

1 hour ago, sharktooth said:

I really have never understood the fascination with Tha pae gate and the old town. 

People with a moobaan mentality would never understand the facination of the "old city". That's why there is chocolate and vanilla 

16 hours ago, cmtg1 said:

People with a moobaan mentality would never understand the facination of the "old city". That's why there is chocolate and vanilla 

Errrm, I have travelled to, worked in and / or lived in 25 countries around the world. Moobaan mentality. Hahaha, aye right pal.

1 hour ago, sharktooth said:

Errrm, I have travelled to, worked in and / or lived in 25 countries around the world. Moobaan mentality. Hahaha, aye right pal.

You could have lived/traveled/worked/fantasized/had a layover in a hundred countries. You still bring your moobaan mentality with you to each of those countries. It's an insecurity to mingle with something different and a need to be surrounded with things that you are familiar with. Not a character assassination just an observation and an explanation of your inability to understand a more bohemian life style

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cmtg1 said:

You could have lived/traveled/worked/fantasized/had a layover in a hundred countries. You still bring your moobaan mentality with you to each of those countries. It's an insecurity to mingle with something different and a need to be surrounded with things that you are familiar with. Not a character assassination just an observation and an explanation of your inability to understand a more bohemian life style

Ok, explain and detail what you have convinced yourself is a bohemian lifestyle...

Fantasies and self promotion aside

27 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

Ok, explain and detail what you have convinced yourself is a bohemian lifestyle...

Fantasies and self promotion aside

I'll pass on continuing this topic as it's turning into an confrontation between my strengths and your weaknesses. We can't educate everybody, because somebody has to sweep the blood from the abattoir's floors. I can however see your fascination with moobaan living. It must make you feel like General Patton when the guard at the entrance to your gated community snaps to attention and salutes you when you arrive home.. Do you salute back?  Anyway once again apologies if I've offended you in any way.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cmtg1 said:

I'll pass on continuing this topic as it's turning into an confrontation between my strengths and your weaknesses. We can't educate everybody, because somebody has to sweep the blood from the abattoir's floors. I can however see your fascination with moobaan living. It must make you feel like General Patton when the guard at the entrance to your gated community snaps to attention and salutes you when you arrive home.. Do you salute back?  Anyway once again apologies if I've offended you in any way.

Don’t forget to wai the soi dogs as you head down to the ping to wash your fisherman’s pants.