Non Imm O 60 days extension.

Hi, I've a single entry Non immigrant O through marriage from London embassy.

This finishes on 3rd December and I would like to extend for another 60 days.

The problem is we are staying in a rented appartment and the owner refuses to supply a letter to prove we are staying there as he didn't do a TM30 when I arrived.

We are staying in Lak Si Bangkok at the moment, close to the hospital where the wife is undergoing chemo.

Does anyone think  immigration would accept an extension without a letter from the owner or have any suggestions on how to proceed.

I had this situation today when I went to immigration, last time I just showed them the house contract and that was fine, this time they wanted my landlords id card copied and housebook copied.

so I will go back tmrw and hopefully this will be the end of it.

Btw my landlord has said she reported that I was staying there as there are a few foreigners who are teachers that live in these apartments.

If your landlord hasn't reported you, they will be fined, but it will be you who ends up footing the bill as immigration will charge you there and then and tell you to claim it back of your landlord so I was told.

3 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

If your landlord hasn't reported you, they will be fined, but it will be you who ends up footing the bill as immigration will charge you there and then and tell you to claim it back of your landlord so I was told.

Was that in Bangkok? I suspect not since they do not routinely enforce the TM30 reporting for individuals.