What impact would a repeat financial implosion have on you and your investments

In a worse case scenario, If the World's central banks had another financial crisis and resultant financial implosion, what effects would that have on one's investments? Since it would appear that going forward, expat retirees are going to have to place funds in a Thai bank for retirement purposes, would their be any possible risk to the deposited funds in a Thai bank if the worse case scenario came to fruition? As for one's personal investing philosophy have you positioned yourself and your investments against another financial implosion or are not too concerned about events going forward and may be on the sidelines waiting for the appropriate time to  re-enter the stock market? I am just curious about one's financial tolerance and what their risk tolerance is in these uncertain times?  

Since I am about eight years away from raiding my US 401K account it would have little effect. Any implosion (even a large one like the 2008-2009 drop) would likely be made up by the time I needed the funds. I would keep investing in dividend paying ETF's and Mutual funds through the dip and would make profits overall. When everyone is telling you it is time to get out of the markets, it is probably about the right time to start buying quality dividend paying investments. I opt for ETF's or index following mutual funds because I do not have the time or expertise to follow individual companies. 

• Like 2

In my opinion, to hedge one's present financial situation against a catastrophic future event, and which is to simply be prudent, after all, buy put options on the stock market, go long on marginal gold miners, have about 10% of your capital in physical gold or silver, alternatively gold and silver etf's.  One can also test the power of prayer . . .