Trump stands by Saudi prince despite journalist Khashoggi's murder

webfact

Just now, bristolboy said:

There you go making things up again. I guess it doesn't matter so much since it's massively irrelevant but Al Gore doesn't have a private jet.

As for Trump being a nasty man, what evidence, actual evidence do you have that he's been nasty to the Saudis, Putin. or Kim? Unless you call lying to the Saudis and Russians nasty. But most people would say sneaky.. All your stuff about Trump posing a threat to the life of MBS etc. is the stuff of bad B movies. The actual evidence goes entirely the other way. Trump is in fact very indulgent of tyrants and strong men. And is all too willing to take their word.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

There you go making things up again. I guess it doesn't matter so much since it's massively irrelevant but Al Gore doesn't have a private jet.

No but his buddies do. 

6 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Trump may  be making money in Saudi Arabia or losing money. What everyone should know by now is that what Trump will lie or invent facts when it suits him.  Which is pretty much always.

And what evidence do we have that Trump is in the driver's seat with the Saudis? What has he compelled the Saudis to do? 

The thing that doesn't change is the prince can be done for murder. Trump would be a big factor in this if he so chose. 

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

As for Trump being a nasty man, what evidence, actual evidence do you have that he's been nasty to the Saudis, Putin. or Kim? Unless you call lying to the Saudis and Russians nasty. But most people would say sneaky.. All your stuff about Trump posing a threat to the life of MBS etc. is the stuff of bad B movies. The actual evidence goes entirely the other way. Trump is in fact very indulgent of tyrants and strong men. And is all too willing to take their word.

Do you have any evidence of him being nice? In order to continue your argument you actually defend Trump at times. 

Just now, Cryingdick said:

No but his buddies do. 

The thing that doesn't change is the prince can be done for murder. Trump would be a big factor in this if he so chose. 

As President Trump can do all kinds of things. But you offer no evidence that he has any plan or inclination to do so. This reminds of this ridiculuos QAnon theory which has Trump engaged in a secret investigation to expose the treacherous machinations of the "Deep State" and all the bizarre antics he gets up to are only done to lull the traitors into believing that they are safe. Your notions are on the same level. No evidence to support them and plenty of evidence to the contrary.

3 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Refreshingly honest?.... really?

with a demonstrable track record of overt lying and deception to his own citizens, at an unprecedented rate, “refreshingly honest” is one hell of a call... good on you for picking a side and sticking to it, there’s nothing quite like blind loyalty ????

I said some people. It was the most neutral statement I could make. If you go back to what I said it is obvious your quote is out of context. Please refrain from misquoting me in the future.

Edited by Cryingdick

1 minute ago, farcanell said:

Refreshingly honest?.... really?

with a demonstrable track record of overt lying and deception to his own citizens, at an unprecedented rate, “refreshingly honest” is one hell of a call... good on you for picking a side and sticking to it, there’s nothing quite like blind loyalty ????

Well, I've cited often the definition of "truthiness".

Truthiness is the belief or assertion that a particular statement is true based on the intuition or perceptions of some individual or individuals, without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts.[1][2] Truthiness can range from ignorant assertions of falsehoods to deliberate duplicity or propaganda intended to sway opinions.[3][4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness

Maybe there should a related word. Something like "honestish" to describe Trump.

• Haha 1

Just now, Cryingdick said:

I said some people. It was the most neutral statement I could make. If you go back to what I said it is obvious your route is out of context. Please refrain from misquoting me in the future.

Where did i misquote you?

10 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

No but his buddies do. 

“If he so chose”

this thread seems to be about him choosing not to, unless m grossly mistaken

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Sorry English is not my first language. I mean you cut what I said to make a point of it out of context? I forgot what the term for that is.

That’s cool, your excused.

now... out of context.... debatable

any opinion posted is open to discussion or debate... and interpretation.

if you don’t want your comments subjected to differing interpretations or debate, either be unequivocal, or refrain from making these statements.

wishy washy maybe he did, maybe he didn’t, a la trump, is no way to represent.

In saying “some people....” it is fair, imo (given your other posts), to assume that your one of those “people”... if I’m wrong in this, say so... easy innit?

8 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

i have spelled out my arguments already. There is no point in arguing with you. 

????????????... you made an argument... and now wish to withdraw.

cool... “tilt or withdraw”... I support you in that. ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He also stressed that Saudi Arabia, a major oil producer, is an important business partner <snip>

Also Trump:

“First they came for the journalists, and I said nothing. Next they came with a bag of money, and I said, ‘thank you’”

- Colbert ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Does Trump owe him money by any chance,or maybe

just keeping him sweet,incase he needs a loan in the 

future.

regards Worgeordie

Trump has had great difficulty getting money from reputable western and Asian banks due to his multiple bankruptcies.  So he has to keep the Saudis and Russian oligarchs happy.  And if that means lying to the press and betraying America, he'll do it in a heartbeat.  Can't bite the hand that feeds you!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Trump has had great difficulty getting money from reputable western and Asian banks due to his multiple bankruptcies.  So he has to keep the Saudis and Russian oligarchs happy.  And if that means lying to the press and betraying America, he'll do it in a heartbeat.  Can't bite the hand that feeds you!

It seems you are on to some thing. It is too bad you are so far off.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Pfff.... Easy to check in his tax return.... Hang on! Err.... ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Off topic posts and the replies have been removed. 

Posts containing Twitter links have been removed:

18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.

Senator Tulsi Gabbard takes on Trump re: Saudi Arabia...this will trigger our orange snowflake president, once he get's off the links...

hopefully, these articles/links are OK to post...

Gabbard skewers Trump on Saudi Arabia stance with profanity in tweet

WASHINGTON, D.C. (HawaiiNewsNow) - U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, is slamming President Donald Trump for his position on Saudi Arabia — and getting some attention for her choice of words along the way.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2018/11/21/rep-tulsi-gabbard-uses-profanity-tweet-slam-president/

And Michelle Wolf's clap-back was priceless...

Michelle Wolf responds to Trump trashing her comedy with a taunt about Khashoggi: 'I bet you'd be on my side if I had killed a journalist'

The comedian Michelle Wolf has responded to President Donald Trump after he criticized her performance at the most recent White House Correspondents' Dinner, taunting him over his response to the killing of the Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

https://www.businessinsider.com/michelle-wolf-reacts-to-trump-criticism-with-taunt-about-khashoggi-2018-11

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Senator Tulsi Gabbard takes on Trump re: Saudi Arabia...this will trigger our orange snowflake president, once he get's off the links...

hopefully, these articles/links are OK to post...

Gabbard skewers Trump on Saudi Arabia stance with profanity in tweet

WASHINGTON, D.C. (HawaiiNewsNow) - U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, is slamming President Donald Trump for his position on Saudi Arabia — and getting some attention for her choice of words along the way.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2018/11/21/rep-tulsi-gabbard-uses-profanity-tweet-slam-president/

You beat me to it with Tulsi Gabbard's quote.  I'm just wondering how Trump is going to respond to a woman who calls him "Saudi Arabia's bitch."  That's gotta sting!

5 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I'm just wondering how Trump is going to respond to a woman who calls him "Saudi Arabia's bitch."  That's gotta sting!

Add to the fact that she's a Major in the U.S. Army, served in Iraq, and is of American-Samoan descent, all of which will likely cause Trump's orange mane to combust.

His tweets back will be instant classics.

But first, he'll need a few weeks to come up with a denigrating nickname for her.

• Like 1