Missed 90 Days Reporting / What to do

I am not sure if it's the same with any kind of visa.

I was told by our expert that if you have a one year visa and miss it once then you can pay the fine or just ignore it and pay the fine when you renew it again.

And if you are lucky when you leave the country they ignore it and you don't have to pay anything. I made that experience a few months ago.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not sure if it's the same with any kind of visa.

I was told by our expert that if you have a one year visa and miss it once then you can pay the fine or just ignore it and pay the fine when you renew it again.

And if you are lucky when you leave the country they ignore it and you don't have to pay anything. I made that experience a few months ago.

90 day reporting rules are the same regardless of the visa used to enter the country. I expect you are referring to a 1 year non ‘O-A’ visa entry.

It’s not a good idea to go a year without reporting if you’re on an extension of stay, although it almost certainly wouldn’t stop them issuing a new extension if you did.

The best advice — if on a extension of stay — is to pay report/pay the fine asap after it becomes overdue.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, elviajero said:

You should report asap. You could get charged upto 5,000 baht for the two missed reports, but you might get away with just 2,000 baht.

I should have mentioned that you can be arrested if the report is overdue and the fine then rises to 4,000 baht. You could be detained until the fine is paid.