Outraged netizens blast man for traveling round Thailand for free!

webfact

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

My friend has a guest house here in Chiang Mai, he recieved a negative review from a guest complaining there was no parking for cars. The real problem was they didn't have a car. I guess should have offered a free room to get a positive review

I think the guest was expecting a free car?  Perhaps with a driver?  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

As long as he's not hurting anyone, who's business is it anyway. 

Apparently it's the world's business as he went on FaceBook to brag about it. Had he kept his mouth shut. as he should have, it would have been done and dusted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Cereal said:

Apparently it's the world's business as he went on FaceBook to brag about it. Had he kept his mouth shut. as he should have, it would have been done and dusted.

Please tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a Facebook fan page? Do fan pages popup like an unwanted advert blocking whatever it is that your're viewing, or do you the user have to click to enter them?

If people have chosen to click on his fan page and read, that's up to them. I saw a Facebook fan page on the sidebar of my page for a popular guitar teacher - would it be appropriate if I clicked on it and told the owner, "I don't ******* want guitar lessons!"? Wouldn't it be simpler to not click on something I didn't like or simply block it after the fact? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Rubbish! "... this was not the done thing in Thailand" is pure high-horsed bullshit from those in the holier-than-thou brigade. Such practices ABOUND, especially amongst so-called 'bloggers', some of whom can't write to save their lives. Most of them spend their lives hustling everything from free stays to free food, drinks, travel and so on. In my line of work, I have to deal with these nitwits regularly. And come the Motor Expo next week, there will be more of them masquerading as 'journalists' and promising coverage etc. just for the sake of getting free goodie bags from as many booths as possible. Most of the time, their web addresses lead to nothing, or some poorly-executed sites at best. The cleverer ones will claim to be from, or are affiliated with, reputable news outlets. It's a bloody minefield.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, outsider said:

Rubbish! "... this was not the done thing in Thailand" is pure high-horsed bullshit from those in the holier-than-thou brigade. Such practices ABOUND, especially amongst so-called 'bloggers', some of whom can't write to save their lives. Most of them spend their lives hustling everything from free stays to free food, drinks, travel and so on. In my line of work, I have to deal with these nitwits regularly. And come the Motor Expo next week, there will be more of them masquerading as 'journalists' and promising coverage etc. just for the sake of getting free goodie bags from as many booths as possible. Most of the time, their web addresses lead to nothing, or some poorly-executed sites at best. The cleverer ones will claim to be from, or are affiliated with, reputable news outlets. It's a bloody minefield.

What is a booth? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, moe666 said:

My friend has a guest house here in Chiang Mai, he recieved a negative review from a guest complaining there was no parking for cars. The real problem was they didn't have a car. I guess should have offered a free room to get a positive review

I’ve previously made comments on the likes of TripAdvisor about places I’ve stayed at / eaten at / or visited about the lack of parking facilities or not being wheelchair friendly even though I wasn’t driving or in a wheelchair. It’s good practice for customers and the owners get a chance to respond. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Gillyflower said:

The fact that he put it where all the world can see it, gives everyone the right to make comments.  I don't agree with them, but.....

People can make all the comments they want. That's their right. The point was that he's not hurting anyone. And if you're not hurting anyone, go nuts and do whatever makes you happy. Even if the whole world can see. The only reason I can see for the netizens being upset is that their egos have been hurt. 

My advice to people who get offended easily - don’t click on things you might not like. You have a choice. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, moe666 said:

How would he know they did not have a car if here was no parking for car?