What Is The Correct Price For Windows Xp Home?

dantilley

Hi,

I went to Pantip today and asked around in a few places about how much an English language version of Windows XP home should be. But the prices differed from between 3,000 Baht up to 5,000 Baht. What should the correct retail price be? I don't want to spend 3,000 Baht only to end up with a Thai language version and / or version with limited features. But if this is the correct price, then I'll be back to buy a copy.

Thanks,

Dan.

'Starter' Editions are the versions you want to steer clear from if you want to avoid limited features.

XP Home OEM license 3250 Baht - Hardware House website (www.hwhinter.com), you've probably seen their shops in Pantip and Fortune.

US Prices are $99.00 for XP Home Upgrade, $89.00 for XP Home OEM and $189 for Full Retail (full retail includes free upgrade to Vista) all from newegg.com

I bought some RAM from Hardware House last week and was impressed by their service & knowledgeable staff (a rarity in Pantip). Maybe I'll pay them another visit...

I saw this "Starter Edition" bundled with a few PCs today and was wondering what that was. It's annoying that most simply come with MS DOS as the OS, some even claiming "Free! MS DOS" as if it's something to be proud of giving away! Hence the reason for needing to work out the correct cost of Windows, to calculate the difference between the cost of a DOS laptop + 1 extra copy of Windows, compared with the few laptops that comes bundled with the full version of XP Home...

Edited by dantilley