Brilliant Hua Hin Immigration

I did my extension at Hua Hin in August, with income letter from my Embassy, which will obviously change, but I've always found them very helpful and pleasant as well.  I didn't even need the google maps printout or a hand drawn map.  Simple exercise and certainly never felt the need to employ the expensive services of a visa agent.  Let's hope it's the same next August. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Jomtien/Pattaya retirement desk is one of the easiest in the country - famously so.  They are decent to Tourists (vast majority of the go-go customers), also.  It is those of us who are married to a Thai who have reported hellish-treatment there, to force us to agents. 

Bangkok's Chang Wattana office is also not a problem - everything "by the book" for every service; yet that would be the other large source-location of what a "sexpat" would be after. 

The theory doesn't fit.  Even where things are done properly, the "Married to a Thai" folks endure the greatest scrutiny.

Yes, I have experienced that, though not in Pattaya or Bangkok, but upcountry, had a very hostile experience, I sort of forced the officer to go and see his boss, and things were sorted out in two minutes, and not even an apology.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gamini said:

That's the 'norm' for Hua Hin. It's been like that for the last 10 years. Immigration are very friendly and helpful. The reason is probably that they don't have to deal with all the sexpats and rif-raf expats in places like Pattaya.

Especially since the office for the 90 day stamp AND the re-entry permit is in the new sub-office in Blúport. No long waiting times and also there, the staff is very friendly!

On 11/24/2018 at 5:14 PM, DrJack54 said:

Sounds like you had a nice experience. Just to add for bkk members...bkk imm also now require map of where you live. Seems this a new requirement at bkk. 

map gets filed along with all papers and never found again..The whole process is not worthy of Thailand 2.0. 

There dreaming about 4.0 lol..A map a joke. They all own phones 

6 hours ago, walkoff said:

Nice to have all of the first person reports but "the IO said" type of stuff doesn't give me warm fuzzy. Neither does the lickety-split renewal because of 400/800k in bank. There are many folks who receive a "good" pension(let's say 100k p/month) who have been no burden on the system, taken care of family, etc. who, as UJ has stated many times, are waiting from something concrete to be announced. I still say that presenting our proof of income should have been one of the requirements at the embassy. 1099's, SSA, etc. I don't think that is stretching the responsibility of the AE. As far as the "suck it up and save the money" attitude goes, I don't work, I don't get overtime I just make sure I'm doing my duties here. Point brought up in a previous comment, give a phase in time would be nice. If you can't work it out by then, too bad. 

It still puzzles me, pardon me for being a bit slow or naive, that Thailand requires any proof of ones wherewithal to survive here, as they provide didly squat in terms of social security / benefits / financial assistance of any sort.

So what exactly are they worried about? If push came to shove and you were destitute, they would simply fob you off on your countries embassy to assist and repatriate you.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Tofer said:

It still puzzles me, pardon me for being a bit slow or naive, that Thailand requires any proof of ones wherewithal to survive here, as they provide didly squat in terms of social security / benefits / financial assistance of any sort.

So what exactly are they worried about? If push came to shove and you were destitute, they would simply fob you off on your countries embassy to assist and repatriate you.

Not even that - you'd go into overstay, end up in the IDC, and possibly die there of malnutrition, unless a friend or family member paid your way home. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gamini said:

That's the 'norm' for Hua Hin. It's been like that for the last 10 years. Immigration are very friendly and helpful. The reason is probably that they don't have to deal with all the sexpats and rif-raf expats in places like Pattaya.

Your words paint the picture of a man that does not recognize he has emotional insecure problems. Please seek help with a counselor and get better my friend. Peace. 

Hope i'm not of subject but immigration Laem ngop TRAT has also been helpful and pleasant, Monday i went to Trat transport office,one woman there refused my yellow book and pink card to register a car,"go immigration for letter of residence" immigration rang them told her she was wrong,but she still insisted on it, they did the letter for me without having to queue with all the foreign workers,and did it FREE, it took only 3 days to register my car WOW ! ????

On 11/25/2018 at 5:32 PM, Media1 said:

map gets filed along with all papers and never found again..The whole process is not worthy of Thailand 2.0. 

There dreaming about 4.0 lol..A map a joke. They all own phones 

It dosn't get lost they used mine a few weeks later for four IO to visit me ????

On 11/25/2018 at 9:23 PM, Tofer said:

They are mostly concerned that you will work ????

On 11/25/2018 at 5:01 PM, possum1931 said:

Yes, I have experienced that, though not in Pattaya or Bangkok, but upcountry, had a very hostile experience, I sort of forced the officer to go and see his boss, and things were sorted out in two minutes, and not even an apology.

Your'e first paragraph is so true, when I did a 90 day report, the first thing the officer did was question my wifes work. Why? He was obviously just looking for trouble, I did not even need to have a wife. His attitude was so hostile after it.

I have never done a 90 day report in person since and this was about 6 years ago.