Poll shows Pheu Thai's Sudarat beats PM Prayut as most favoured candidate for prime minister

webfact

38 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Fear is a huge factor.  That is the problem with Thailand.  Under educated and fearful plays into the junta's hands.  The lack education will only perpetuate under the junta.  English being at a low is a sign.  Fear is why they enjoy the level support they have now.     

Ah yes. Fear of the pooyay, because they can hurt them. It's what drives Thai culture and may feed into the obsessive need for self-esteem. It is my view that a high proportion of Thai 'pooyay' are narcissistic and that does not dispose to a great concern for one's fellow man.

Hence the Thai pooyay are a spectacularly poor choice for politicians, but then I suppose that applies in many countries. Army generals too, they are to be pitied more than the man in the street to the extent that they have come to believe their own propaganda. In general (no pun intended) they may be corrupt and ambitious for their own advancement, but they don't seem to be that bright. Not even bright enough to understand they are subject to those most basic of human frailties; being wrong and being deluded.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

1260 is a very insignificant number to poll and indeed will never give near realistic forecast. 

Try 125k from different  provinces

Better yet, try a free and fair election.

I wonder why it is that 'Mr Popularity' doesn't exactly seem to be chomping at the bit for that...?

• Like 1