Mexico calls for 'full investigation' of U.S. tear gas at border

webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

You think it's legal for asylum seekers to enter the country illegaly?

Until such time US domestic law states otherwise, in contradiction to international convention which the US has signed and ratified and the US Refugee Act of 1980, Yes

https://scholarship.law.berkeley.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1154&context=bjil

The US may succeed with Mexico to implement Offshore Processing, but it's reputation as a humanitarian society will be damaged. I understand  most trump supporters don't care about reputational damage, which to me is extremely short sighted.

16 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Until such time US domestic law states otherwise, in contradiction to international convention which the US has signed and ratified and the US Refugee Act of 1980, Yes

https://scholarship.law.berkeley.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1154&context=bjil

The US may succeed with Mexico to implement Offshore Processing, but it's reputation as a humanitarian society will be damaged. I understand  most trump supporters don't care about reputational damage, which to me is extremely short sighted.

LOL nowhere in there does it state that asylum seekers are allowed to enter the country illegally. You are clearly confused on this. You can not enter the USA without permission. You can't storm a border. You can apply at a port of entry or from within the usa (regardless of status) but you can't enter illegally. Kind of crazy you think it's legal. 

And you're correct, I couldn't care less what foreigners think of America's reputation. Not even a little. 

11 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

LOL nowhere in there does it state that asylum seekers are allowed to enter the country illegally. You are clearly confused on this. You can not enter the USA without permission. You can't storm a border. You can apply at a port of entry or from within the usa (regardless of status) but you can't enter illegally. Kind of crazy you think it's legal. 

And you're correct, I couldn't care less what foreigners think of America's reputation. Not even a little. 

Check your facts. Under international convention it is not illegal to enter a country 'illegally' to claim asylum. It's one on the reasons why a US Judge recently stopped one of trump's attempts to make it so. Have to wait & see if the trump idiocracy manages to change US law.

I am sorry to hear you do not care about the US international reputation in humanitarian matters. Vilification of the disenfranchised by the trump regime is foolish.

18 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Check your facts. Under international convention it is not illegal to enter a country 'illegally' to claim asylum. It's one on the reasons why a US Judge recently stopped one of trump's attempts to make it so. Have to wait & see if the trump idiocracy manages to change US law.

Gonna need to see your source on this because what you're saying is insanity, and quite laughable. 

19 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I am sorry to hear you do not care about the US international reputation in humanitarian matters. Vilification of the disenfranchised by the trump regime is foolish.

We already have millions of disenfranchised in our own country so cry me a river if I don't really care about the millions south of the border who want a piece.  

And no, I don't care. The same butthurt libs crying about America will still be crying about America? Nope don't care. Somehow people seem to think America should do things that they themself don't have to do. 

They used tear gas at my frat party one time...hardly made the news.  Chinese agents charging 40k USD (and openly advertising)  so your baby can be born in the US?  Enough, is enough.  Children are too often used as pawns..the guilt lies with those who do so.

12 hours ago, moontang said:

They used tear gas at my frat party one time...hardly made the news.  Chinese agents charging 40k USD (and openly advertising)  so your baby can be born in the US?  Enough, is enough.  Children are too often used as pawns..the guilt lies with those who do so.

Ah, yes, and this wall and teargas will stop those Hondurans entering.

The problem is elsewhere, not here. That is if there is a problem at all. At the moment a lot of money is spent on a perceived problem, but is it really a problem?

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Ah, yes, and this wall and teargas will stop those Hondurans entering.

The problem is elsewhere, not here. That is if there is a problem at all. At the moment a lot of money is spent on a perceived problem, but is it really a problem?

You make mention of a problem in three of the four sentences you posted.  I think the problem is your inability to express yourself in writing.  

As far as a border wall and the use of tear gas directed at hundreds of lawless illegals attempting to break through the border separating Mexico from the US, a wall is an effective obstacle, and use of chemical agents are very effective.  Thank you for asking and of your seemly genuine concern. 

On 11/28/2018 at 12:31 AM, Longcut said:

If tomorrow the Thai government said, that Farangs are no longer wanted in Thailand and need to leave. If found here after so many days, you will be arrested and deported or jailed. 

How many would stay? Would you be storming the border after being deported? Or would you take the hint that you are no longer wanted and go back home or to somewhere more inviting?

I think I would move on. 

Somehow these immigrants think they have a right to enter the United States. Not sure where they get that from. But, I can guess.

Some place on the internet, I read that some of the "immigrants" made the claim, that the U.S. Border Patrol stopping them from entering the U.S., was a violation of their human rights. 

On 11/29/2018 at 4:55 AM, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Gonna need to see your source on this because what you're saying is insanity, and quite laughable. 

We already have millions of disenfranchised in our own country so cry me a river if I don't really care about the millions south of the border who want a piece.  

And no, I don't care. The same butthurt libs crying about America will still be crying about America? Nope don't care. Somehow people seem to think America should do things that they themself don't have to do. 

People who are in the US  illegally can most certainly apply for asylum.   In general, they need to do so within a year.   There are two types of asylum applications, one is a defensive action and one an affirmative processing.  

They can also apply for asylum at any port of entry, legally.  

https://immigration-law.freeadvice.com/immigration-law/asylum/illegal_presence_US.htm

Continued trolling and deflection on information which has been presented in this and many other threads, along with links will result in moderator action.

4 hours ago, Scott said:

People who are in the US  illegally can most certainly apply for asylum.   In general, they need to do so within a year.   There are two types of asylum applications, one is a defensive action and one an affirmative processing.  

They can also apply for asylum at any port of entry, legally.  

https://immigration-law.freeadvice.com/immigration-law/asylum/illegal_presence_US.htm

Continued trolling and deflection on information which has been presented in this and many other threads, along with links will result in moderator action.

Im not trolling, Scott, Ive said the exact same thing you just said in this thread at least 5 times and also linked to the CBP website. You need to go back over the last 2 (or more) pages, not just this one. I never said that you cant apply once you are in the USA, but you have to get there, and doing so is 100% illegal. 

The guy who im replying to is saying that its legal to cross the border, illegally, as long as you plan to claim asylum. Thats not true. 

Ive said it about 5 times now that you CANT CROSS THE BORDER WITHOUT PERMISSION. Yes if you get away with it, you can claim asylum (I dont agree with this, and it needs to change) but you still cant cross the border illegally in an attempt to do so. Thats illegal. 

Just because you can apply from inside the USA while illegal doesn't mean that its legal cross the border without the proper permission. In the case of this migrant caravan (the topic of this thread and my posts) their only legal option is to apply at a port of entry - not storm the border and attempt to bum-rush through. Illegal. 

I think I've just about given up hope in this issue. Illegals are going to get into the country. Nobody is going to stop them. So, might as well at least send them to specific congressional districts, cities, and states that seem to want them. First of all, I suggest Silicon Valley, then those congressional districts that rejected illegal immigration restrictionists in the midterms. Lots of places in upscale California and Virginia suburban cities and districts should feel happy, then.  Not to mention, they get to enjoy more diversity.  And diversity is the most important thing, isn't it? Create Section 8 boarding houses near Zuckerberg's estates, Pelosi's mansions, Paul Ryan's estate, the Koch Brothers' house.  Don't care how much it costs. Those folks need diversity, too.

Otherwise, to heck with it all. I don't live there anymore.  Just keep my retirement annuities, social security, and IRAs coming. 

• 1 month later...

Archived