Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

1 minute ago, Chelseafan said:

Yes, there's no doubt that Brexit hit the pound but in 2012 you were paying £1.41 per Litre, today you are paying £1.31. There's more to fuel prices than currency. Restrictions in the amount being pumped by OPEC is a much bigger factor.

You remind me of the same type of people who said that joining the EC in 1973 would <deleted> up Britain. No-one can predict the future.

In January 2016 I was Paying little more than £1 per Ltr for diesel, now £126-136

37 minutes ago, Basil B said:

In January 2016 I was Paying little more than £1 per Ltr for diesel, now £126-136

And in 1990 you were paying £0.40 per Ltr! As I said currency is just one of several factors that make up fuel prices.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:05 AM, evadgib said:

Got yer popcorn ready Grouse? ????

Massivly disappointing

Good Panel

Crap chair

Does everything have to be dumbed down? 

Bruce should be fired. Bring back Dimbleby or another strong male who can control the panel and get the best out of JRM

weak pap

On 2/15/2019 at 4:38 PM, CG1 Blue said:

I agree the pound fell after the referendum - I don't dispute that. The pound was over valued and was due a fall.  The Leave vote fast forwarded that fall, and made it more severe.  I don't deny that. There is 'uncertainty' priced into the current GBP rate, and once certainty returns Sterling will be a bit stronger. 

But you're missing the THB performance globally, which I'm sure you know is measured versus the USD. 

Here is the THB since mid 2015:

THB USD.jpg

your wrong about the pound being over valued before the vote,€1.32 was around average for 10-15 year period and possibly lower.

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2019 at 7:43 AM, nontabury said:

Including the citizens of this so called Union, who will not be able to automatically gain entry to the U.K. 

This includes the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, who arrive in the U.K to undercut the wages and the future prospects of our own people. And shockingly as this may seem to the remoaners,once Brexit is achieved, the U.K can decide to prohibit entry to all the criminals and riff raf that are now allowed to enter, from the E.u.

hows about deporting our own riff raff,they out number any EU folks 10000/1

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aright said:

Pound is 'most overvalued currency in the world', analysts claim

Sterling is the most expensive currency out there at the moment, even including the dollar.

Oliver Harvey....Deutsche Bank

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/12065157/Pound-is-most-overvalued-currency-in-the-world-analysts-claim.html

Without reading the Telegraph item, I have to comment. Most of the world's currencies are bought and sold in the money exchange market. If someone wants to sell a million pounds (say) the brokers will buy at what they think is a good price for them at that point in time.

If the pound was 'overvalued' we would soon know because people would be 'shorting' it big time, as was the case during the ERM times.

The pound is no longer fixed to other currencies (Scottish pound*) and will float in the market as will all the other currencies. If the brokers have confidence in a currency they see it as worth keeping, and vice versa.

* fixed rate of parity

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Massivly disappointing

Good Panel

Crap chair

Does everything have to be dumbed down? 

Bruce should be fired. Bring back Dimbleby or another strong male who can control the panel and get the best out of JRM

weak pap

How about today?

Marr or Ridge?

Image result for toss a coin

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

And in 1990 you were paying £0.40 per Ltr! As I said currency is just one of several factors that make up fuel prices.

And the exchange rate if you have not noticed...

The only people you Berxiteers are kidding is yourselves...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tebee said:

Next problem coming up.

Gibraltar 

And Spain may not have a functioning government if we need an extension

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-15/spanish-election-throws-rock-through-britain-s-brexit-window?

mays deal will go through parliament,its not a good deal but it was always about damage limitation,gibraltar means nothing,if spain want it that much sell them the useless waste of space and give them money to the benefit scroungers who retire aged 47

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Oh, could you quote that post back for me? I can't remember it. ????

Its the same post that told us how great the EU is.

When someone asked the question if it's so great why is it going into recession silence prevailed

5 minutes ago, aright said:

Its the same post that told us how great the EU is.

When someone asked the question if it's so great why is it going into recession silence prevailed

eu is 26 nations,you state which are going into recession and it will be very few if any other than italy,UK is doing ok for now but only until you know what,and imagine how well we would of done without all the chaos,back to the top of the table instead of 1 place of the bottom,never mind iran and chile have big plans for us.

3 hours ago, bomber said:

hows about deporting our own riff raff,they out number any EU folks 10000/1

While I agree it would be nice to deport our own undesirables, which of course we cannot. To say they outnumber E.u criminals by 10000/1 is somewhat of an exaggeration.

A8809B68-4D48-4B77-AA5E-6C9ED7058BC8.jpeg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Bomber,do you not realise, It’s always advisable, to refrain from posting photo’s of yourself.

it seems you are offended by the that guy,how unpatriotic of you,you should bow to him,he represents you and brexit,he is your master,i would prefer tusk or barnier