Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

2 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Here are the exchange rate figures for the last 35 years.

The period of it hitting 80 or 90 must have been so brief it does not get a mention.

You have dazzled yourself and everyone else so much with this ridiculously extended table that you missed it yourself. Grouse needs quiet!

Here is the relevant bit:

3/1998 68.696889 64.045420 74.164738 22
2/1998 75.436886 70.606236 83.191473 20
1/1998 86.165356 77.505273 90.674462 22
12/1997 73.696804 68.459081 77.661781 23

Edited by nauseus

1 minute ago, Chelseafan said:

Firstly I said 70-90 not "80 or 90" and I was giving a rough guide. This data looks suspicious as I distinctly remember being out there in 2002 and getting over 80 baht to the pound. According to your post I was getting 60+ .

I admit I would of been better saying 60-70 for 5 years or so which would of  been nearer the mark.  Having said that your comment about who is in power in the UK has virtually nothing to do with how strong the baht is at that particular time and that was my point.

Please stop posting the whole <deleted> table!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Hi guys. Just got the data today for last week. This is for w/e Monday 18th 2019 at 2am (end of shift, early Monday morning). Liverpool poll.

58% leave
18% accept May's deal/any deal
14% stay in/second vote
10% don't know/care. Undecided. Spoilt vote paper. Too drunk to understand the poll or put a cross in a box.

Pretty conclusive I reckon.

Its not a national poll,i think 58% is low for smack heads

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, samran said:

Trade talks with the Japanese continue to go backwards.

Wasnt this supposed to be all so easy? 

https://www.ft.com/content/9cd62bde-32ba-11e9-bd3a-8b2a211d90d5?fbclid=IwAR11D9rE2Gf_88Dbw15F7G-U8SzcC-_whXpTpaoNKlweqjTM6FtrhAdTDNo

No surpraise,what does the UK have to offer a nation of japans stature,they will be fleeing the UK soon anyway

31 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I listen to LBC most of the time when I'm at home. When O'Brien comes on at 10 am after Nick Ferrari I usually have to turn it off after 10 minutes of listening to that creep.

I like you again. ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I listen to LBC most of the time when I'm at home. When O'Brien comes on at 10 am after Nick Ferrari I usually have to turn it off after 10 minutes of listening to that creep.

Same here!  I think 10 minutes is about my limit too. I really like to hear the opposite to my POV for some balance, but O'Brien is just angry, blinkered and abusive. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

British exports to Japan are worth an impressive £9.9 billion a year, pretty much evenly split between goods and services, making Japan the UK’s 7th largest market on a value added basis.

The UK’s biggest visible exports are:
power generation equipment
vehicles
Other sectors that do well in Japan include:
machinery
chemicals
pharmaceuticals
scientific equipment
food and drink
Important earners include:
financial and insurance services
tourism
media (including TV, film and publishing)

https://exporttojapan.co.uk/guide/first-time-exporter/uk-exports-to-japan/

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Deary me...

you export EUR 15bn to little old Belgium - tariff free and with no restrictions.

But yeah, makes sense to put new barriers up for those exports so you can spend the next 20 year eeking out marginal concessions from the Japanese. 

Yeah, I know I know, blue passports makes it totally worth it. 

Edited by samran
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

British exports to Japan are worth an impressive £9.9 billion a year, pretty much evenly split between goods and services, making Japan the UK’s 7th largest market on a value added basis.

...which could explain why Japan has the upper hand in this negotiation. Attached the biggest trading partners of Japan. 

2789309E-1AC8-464D-8BA3-942E49AFC1F2.jpeg

49 minutes ago, evadgib said:

All is not lost .

Geez, getting desperate. 

Photo op talks, about nuclear reactors no less. The things are more expensive than people make them out to be, I’m pretty sure that you can take it as a given the project is year and years away, if it is even going to happen at all. 

Hinkley point is going at a snails pace from memory. 

14 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

...which could explain why Japan has the upper hand in this negotiation. Attached the biggest trading partners of Japan. 

It will escape the blue passport lovers  that Japan’s closest trading relationships are all regional. 

But it don’t worry, brexit means they can devote all their energies to overtaking Singapore for exports to Japan! 

Funny that, having strong relationships with the markets close to you...

Edited by samran

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Dear, dear Bomber. 58/60% leave is now the above Watford Gap average.

Those Barnier, Junker and Verustat chaps have played right into the leave's hands. Too bloody-minded for their own good.

Roll on Freedom. Reestablish our rightful place in the world, while the EU crumbles.

your life wont be any different with your supposed new freedom,and where exactly is the rightful place in the world for the UK,your benefits wont increase and are more likely to fall as the nations debt increases after brexit.EU wont crumble like so many of you lot predict,thats what you refer to as project fear,maybe your hoping the UK ran rise above those poor EU nations spain and portugal,but i doubt it.

International Living's Top 10 Places To Retire Abroad In 2018.html

3 minutes ago, bomber said:

your life wont be any different with your supposed new freedom,and where exactly is the rightful place in the world for the UK,your benefits wont increase and are more likely to fall as the nations debt increases after brexit.EU wont crumble like so many of you lot predict,thats what you refer to as project fear,maybe your hoping the UK ran rise above those poor EU nations spain and portugal,but i doubt it.

International Living's Top 10 Places To Retire Abroad In 2018.html 527.85 kB · 0 downloads

I think you understand little about the fragility of the EU economies............................ the Germans won't stand for open cheque book support.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

it imports 30 % more from the poor philipines than the UK,over 3 time more from germany,x10 USA oh dear these brexit fans dont realise the UK is not the great nation they think it is,never mind chile,nigeria and iran will welcome us with a good deal to save the day

6 minutes ago, tebee said:

So Honda are going to be closing Swindon now because of Brexit. What will it take to make leavers believe Brexit is bad for business.

So much for project fear then,they did it even quicker than i expected,all leave fans to the board ASAP,bomber was right all the time,Nissan will be next,the lads i was talking to yesterday who work there know its coming. never mind chile and iran will restore the UK to its rightful place ????????????

9 minutes ago, tebee said:

So Honda are going to be closing Swindon now because of Brexit. What will it take to make leavers believe Brexit is bad for business.

Wait for it..

“Diesel”

“Bad Management”

“The EU”

“Project Fear”

”We don’t need cars, we were a great nation without all those factories”

3, 2, 1...