Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

A couple of have things have come into my thinking today. One important and the other perhaps not so.

Firstly; the Eurovision song contest! Will we still be able to participate when we leave the EU?

Secondly; would it be worth the Brexiteers promoting our thoughts through a mass rally. I am thinking Pattaya sometime next week (after the Thai elections). Would there be much enthusiasm, among TVForum members, for a rally on the beach perhaps, or Bali-hi pier?

Yes Israel are in for Jehova's sake ! Good luck with your mass rally - a table full of old codgers would probably be about it. Why not start a Brexit Now petition to rival our Remoaning one - 418k !

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

A couple of have things have come into my thinking today. One important and the other perhaps not so.

Firstly; the Eurovision song contest! Will we still be able to participate when we leave the EU?

Secondly; would it be worth the Brexiteers promoting our thoughts through a mass rally. I am thinking Pattaya sometime next week (after the Thai elections). Would there be much enthusiasm, among TVForum members, for a rally on the beach perhaps, or Bali-hi pier?

Damn good idea, bring your own sword and spear.

It's the May deal I can't stand. 

Final say on the deal sounds good, and I'm reconciled to idea of leaving without a deal. I don't want an extension.  This has gone on long enough.  It will be interesting to see if this march can pull in a million plus.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tebee said:

Democracy is not fixed at one point in the space-time continuum it is a continuously evolving process with multiple aspects. the petition is just one of those .

Exactly. One obvious example is David Cameron's public undertaking to make the Brexit referendum, unlike its "advisory" predecessors, binding on Parliament to implement (a pledge, to her credit, echoed incessantly during the Brexit negotiations by Theresa May).

What a relief to discover at last some common ground with a Remainer!

40 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Will there be beer, pork pies and girls there?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Exactly. One obvious example is David Cameron's public undertaking to make the Brexit referendum, unlike its "advisory" predecessors, binding on Parliament to implement (a pledge, to her credit, echoed incessantly during the Brexit negotiations by Theresa May).

What a relief to discover at last some common ground with a Remainer!

You trusted Cameron ! You fool - he's a politician remember ...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

A long way to go till it gets to 17.4 million.????

Over a million would be very significant in my book.

Generally, I would say a final say campaign has run out of time.  

We are leaving on the May Deal or No deal.  But there will be hell to pay because the majority no longer want to leave.  Everything about Brexit has gone wrong imo.

I say, <deleted>, let's just leave on the so called No Deal- everyone has had long enough to effect an alternative outcome.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Most brits in pattaya wont have far to travel,many are living on the beach thanks to brexit???? perhaps you could have a whip round for the ones who returned home also 

3 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Over a million would be very significant in my book.

Generally, I would say a final say campaign has run out of time.  

We are leaving on the May Deal or No deal.  But there will be hell to pay because the majority no longer want to leave.  Everything about Brexit has gone wrong imo.

I say, <deleted>, let's just leave on the so called No Deal- everyone has had long enough to effect an alternative outcome.

It will be a million in the next few hours - on the way to being the biggest petition in UK petition history. Make sure all Remoaners have it posted, emailed and signed wherever they can. 

509,427 signatures

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tebee said:

The government petition asking to revoke article 50 and remain in the EU is at almost 400,000

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

How many of the 50 sunderland  turkeys are left on farages march,they should be around lincolnshire now and probably getting pelted with spuds off slovaks and poles...their fellow workers in a few years

10 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

but it is about respecting democracy

We use proportional representation in Belgium, which mean a coalition government. 

If the people voted 49.99% for one party, but all the other parties decide to form a coalition, the party with 49,99% will be in the opposition. 

Democracy : 50,01 is higher than 49,99.

Edited by luckyluke
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, vogie said:

Good point, what's to stop anybody of any nationalty signing it here in Thailand.

Anybody want to give it a try - I imagine it uses some sort of lookup with your name and postcode to do some validation MAYBE WITH THE ELECTORAL ROLL. The page is getting pretty slow now as the UK wakes up and the Russian troll farms - good friends of Brexit no doubt attempt DENIAL OF SERVICE ATTACKS. 

619,482 signatures

• Thanks 1