Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

It seems Brexiteers think, that once it has happened everything will be OK.

If it doesn't happen it will take takes to repair the damage Brexit has already done.....
If Brexit occurs it would takes DECADES to put things right.
But rest assured damage limitation would start on day one.....

What damage already done? Exchange rates?
What will you be doing over your DECADES to repair that ‘damage’?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Loiner said:

OK, so go on, explain. I’m really ignorant and open to some manipulation. Remainwash me into your cult from ground zero. Give me positives, because Project Fear really didn’t do it for me. There’s never been a Remainer who could come up with good enough reasons to stay.

QED!

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/01/business/us-uk-trade-deal-brexit/index.html

Wonderful Brexit-world 

Taking back control 

The easiest deals in history 

Are you all spaced out again? You’re mixing up your sound bites with the wrong issues.

What’s wrong with a bit of chlorine washing or GM crops? Do they affect the CAP or something? 327 million of them eating it in the states.
Taking back control. Yes, that’s all about UK’s control, not EU. Appropriate action could be the sum total or zero - what do you think?
Easiest deal(s) in history. That’s what the one with EU should be, not rest of the world. Who is making the EU deal difficult?

• Confused 1

Isn't that what Brexiteers thought?

Yes, it turns out the job was not done. We were lead to that assumption when our Prime Minister told us there would be a referendum. You know, the one that was our choice, no body else’s... etc.
We didn’t expect it to be usurped by Remainers, and I don’t think he did either. He must have got an inkling the day after, so he scarpered and left the dirty work to the Remain lobby.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Loiner said:

We didn’t expect it to be usurped by Remainers, and I don’t think he did either. He must have got an inkling the day after, so he scarpered and left the dirty work to the Remain lobby.

QED!!

They keep on showing themselves to be what remainers have seen from the start.

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

There is nothing about several key concerns:

1) Protection against meat laced with growth hormones and not labelled as such

2) No word of Of cruel animal welfare practices such as lifetime none grazing

3) No mention of cruel and insanitary abbatoir conditions resulting in final cleansing with chlorine

4) No mention of labling to identify GM crop as ingedients

5) No mention of detailed ingredients as specified by EU including trans fats, corn syrup. E numbers, preservatives, calories etc etc

And the U.K have stated it it will not lower any food standards .

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do have more interesting things to be getting on with , rather than reading a 15 page report about USA/UK trade talks 

I wonder what they are.

If you are going to argue a point, I'd suggest you do so after you are fully informed.

It will make your arguments so much more convincing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

I am sure that agreements can be agreed upon 

Certainly. The USA can stop rearing livestock in cruel, unsanitary conditions (and thus avoid chlorine washing), stop pumping livestock full of growth hormones. Stop using transfats and corn syrup. Stop using GM crops unless suitably labelled and add meaningful labels identifying colourings, preservatives, fibre and calories and salt.

In short, behave as if they were a civilised country.

(I for one avoid Heinz USA products - compare with Australian or EU alternatives)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Agree entirely.

Abbatoirs are cruel - full stop.  Not sure about insanitary, as presumably cooking would take care of this?  Also not sure about final cleansing with chlorine, as presumably this can be washed off?  But I'm open to learning how I'm wrong in this respect.

Agree entirely.

Agree entirely.

I apologise for the 'messed up' response to the various points.☹️

Nobody claims the EU is perfect but they have improved and continue to improve. See veal crates and farrowing stalls.

Abbatoirs are unpleasant but not cruel. Waiting animals are protected from the sight and sound of slaughter and are stunned. CCTV is compulsory.

Fowl are a particular hazard due to viral infections hence chlorine.

Edited by Grouse

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Certainly. The USA can stop rearing livestock in cruel, unsanitary conditions (and thus avoid chlorine washing), stop pumping livestock full of growth hormones. Stop using transfats and corn syrup. Stop using GM crops unless suitably labelled and add meaningful labels identifying colourings, preservatives, fibre and calories and salt.

In short, behave as if they were a civilised country.

(I for one avoid Heinz USA products - compare with Australian or EU alternatives)

sheeeit,

I have always enjoyed my salads and steaks in the US, maybe the salads more than the steaks.

but for sure, guess you are right

I am using Heinz mustard and Heinz ketchup from BigC

what are the Australian alternatives?

-----

none GM, non poisoned, non trans fat, non pesticides, none sheeeit food is rapidly becoming a rare commodity

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

Quite right to be concerned with these issues Grouse, but

relying on EU regulations is apparently not good enough,

remember the Whopper Horse Burgers?

<The source of the horse meat was third party supplier Comigel,

a French-headquartered frozen ready meal producer, from its subsidiary Tavola factory in Capellen, Luxembourg.>

Best option is dont eat meat or processed grub..and don't trust

the EU.

Nothing wrong with horse meat but is should be labelled. Corruption is everywhere.

BTW, burger au cheval just means the burger is served with a fried egg on top! You see how useful foreign languages are?

Edited by Grouse
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

sheeeit,

I have always enjoyed my salads and steaks in the US, maybe the salads more than the steaks.

-----

none GM, non poisoned, non trans fat, non pesticides, none sheeeit food is rapidly becoming a rare commodity

Villa has Heinz Tomato Ketchup from three sources (sauces?) check the ingredients!

I used to like Prime USDA corn fed beef when I lived in Texas until I found out that the steers had never grazed and spent their entire lives standing on concrete in confined spaces. Give me grass fed Aberdeen Angus any day.

20 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Nothing wrong with horse meat but is should be labelled. Corruption is everywhere.

BTW, burger au cheval just means the burger is served with a fried egg on top! You see how useful foreign languages are?

yes, useful indeed those foreign languages, indeed

au cheval means comes with a fried egg on top of your BigMac

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

sheeeit,

-----

Melvin, for God's sake get yourself some real English mustard. Coleman's. You sound like you can afford it! No sheeit!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

yes, useful indeed those foreign languages, indeed

au cheval means comes with a fried egg on top of your BigMac

An egg on top of your Mac Ed!. ????