Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

And thank you for putting me in a bad mood.....  As a female, I've endured the sexist attitude of many men for most of my life (most of whom thought that patting my bum, talking about my attributes etc. would always be appreciated.....).

You will never understand.

Me too, and I am male.  Those females can be a wild bunch.  Especially at bachelorette parties, sex starved starlets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Brexiters are refusing to accept their victory | Financial Times.pdf 217.56 kB · 2 downloads

Looks like die hard Brexiters are snatching defeat from the jaws of "victory"!

Grouse , just thinking , in a short few weeks it will all be over bar the shouting , for better or worse  and you will  have to go back to your old life and being a normal person again ! Are you mentally prepared for this ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

We all give those we love endearing 'pet names' - but we don't call a complete stranger "petal" unless we know their sex and are being dismissive.

Edit - even the worst people I've worked with (who were always keen to pat my bum, talk about my 'attributes') were never stupid enough to call me "petal".....

What we have here is merely mens locker room speak.

Most of us really like Grouse, out of all the remainers he

is the best fun, and so we like to tease him a little, usually

he can give plenty of 'stick' in return. On this occasion

perhaps it went too far, but I'm sure normal service will

be resumed PDQ.

Don't ladies rattle each others cages too?

2 minutes ago, Jack100 said:

Grouse , just thinking , in a short few weeks it will all be over bar the shouting , for better or worse  and you will  have to go back to your old life and being a normal person again ! Are you mentally prepared for this ?

No! I shall need a new excuse for supping Shoulder! I know, may be need to drown my sorrows or celebrate success? I'll think of something!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

What we have here is merely mens locker room speak.

Most of us really like Grouse, out of all the remainers he

is the best fun, and so we like to tease him a little, usually

he can give plenty of 'stick' in return. On this occasion

perhaps it went too far, but I'm sure normal service will

be resumed PDQ.

Don't ladies rattle each others cages too?

Thank you for your diplomatic words. We need more diplomats; you should apply to th FO. Yes I know it would mean a pay cut but think of the prestige!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5750201/Emma-Barnett-praised-grills-Barry-Gardiner-Andrew-Marr-show.html

I could not remember Emma Barnett's name. I referred to her as "that bird who stood in for Andrew Marr". I thought she would be much better at hosting Question Time than Fiona Bruce who I find neither bright enough or strong enough. I had no wish to insult anyone. To me the term "girl" would be demeaning, "Lady" too pompous and "woman" too prosaic.

For the record I have always treated the distaff side with the utmost courtesy and respect whether they are family, co-workers, PAs, strangers etc. I would never use strong language or use inuendo and certainly not make physical contact. I open doors and let women enter before me. I always pay for drinks and meals and never "go Dutch".

If I take you to dinner then beware, I'm old fashioned like that!

Sherry anyone? Villa now sell Sandeman's Amontillado!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

I guess you can't take a joke? We were discussing flowers....

I refer to my wife as sweet pea? Should she feel insulted?

behind her back she is referred to as "the dragon" - a quote from Basil Fawlty

Look, it's a Sunday. Have a sherry! Cheri!

The archaic attitudes of Brexitism?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, aright said:

Support for a no-deal Brexit is growing in the face of the EU's refusal to help salvage Theresa May's deal, according to a new poll.

A survey by ComRes found that 44 per cent of the public now believe the UK should leave without a deal if Brussels refuses to make any further concessions - a six point rise from January. Less than a third (30 per cent) disagreed.

It came as 74 senior Tory activists, including more than 50 association chairman, told Mrs May that Conservative voters "do not fear a no deal exit" and "just want Brexit delivered." …………. 

...............….Mr Dodds, Mr Baker and Mrs Morgan all indicated that they now support the plan B - essentially a 'managed' no-deal Brexit - in the so-called Malthouse Compromise put forward by a coalition of Brexiteers and Remainers.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/03/09/support-no-deal-brexit-backed-public-poll-finds-growing-number/

concessions ???? they were never going to let us pick and choose our route out,that was what bojo and fartage had you believe,it was a dream and you fell for it in the name of patriotism,has it sunk in yet they dont care if we leave,

32 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Thank you for your diplomatic words. We need more diplomats; you should apply to th FO. Yes I know it would mean a pay cut but think of the prestige!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5750201/Emma-Barnett-praised-grills-Barry-Gardiner-Andrew-Marr-show.html

I could not remember Emma Barnett's name. I referred to her as "that bird who stood in for Andrew Marr". I thought she would be much better at hosting Question Time than Fiona Bruce who I find neither bright enough or strong enough. I had no wish to insult anyone. To me the term "girl" would be demeaning, "Lady" too pompous and "woman" too prosaic.

For the record I have always treated the distaff side with the utmost courtesy and respect whether they are family, co-workers, PAs, strangers etc. I would never use strong language or use inuendo and certainly not make physical contact. I open doors and let women enter before me. I always pay for drinks and meals and never "go Dutch".

Is that next to the Leo mate?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

John McDonnell, David Davies and that Hunt from health and now at the FO on Andrew Marr today. I will have a pile of tomatoes to throw at the TV

Well, don't be shy!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Wasn't the EU that called for Brexit, it was the British voters.  There were no promises of a good Brexit deal made by the EU, that was from the British Brexit campaigners.   But you think that the EU is to blame  ????????????

The biggest problem I see now is what on earth are we all going to find to bicker about after Brexit is finally over? 

It will never be over. We will keep talking about the backstop etc for ever. No one is willing to back down.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Thanks Grouse, I'll have an Essex brown split, a bag of backstop

scratchings, and leave without a deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, rixalex said:

I stand corrected re the revoking of article 50. Yes, you are quite right. It was the day before the meaningful vote that the ECJ made the final ruling. Nothing political the timing of that decision at all of course.

Maybe the date of the ruling was coincidental. Maybe it was deliberate so that MPs had all the relevant facts at their disposal before voting; and what is wrong with that?

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, rixalex said:

Re your comments about people not knowing what they were voting for, as i have repeated many times, if that is the basis for voiding the 2016 vote outcome, the 2019, or whatever year it is, new referendum that you desire, will be subject to the exact same criticism and can be voided too, as the matter is as complex as ever and the unknowns are ever present.

As I said, 

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:12 AM, 7by7 said:

Those of us here in the UK are fully aware that the consequences of both leaving and remaining have been much discussed since; they are discussed every day in the press, radio, TV and other media. The electorate are far more aware of the consequences of both leaving and remaining. Therefore much better able to make an informed choice.

You wish to deny them that informed choice, I wish to allow them it.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:54 AM, Loiner said:

Yay, true blue patriot.

Typical sort of comment I’d expect from you too. Wouldn’t want to disappoint.

My father and his generation spent 6 years of their lives fighting such a patriot; millions died in that fight.

If you were to succeed in your desire and have my country ruled by such would mean the sacrifice of that generation was for nought.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:42 AM, nauseus said:

I suppose the "final choice" would be anytime once you have the result you want - the remainers definition of "democratic" - spare us the bleating.

I have already explained many times what I see as the final choice, the last time being:

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:21 AM, 7by7 said:

Three options on a STV ballot:

1. Brexit on May's deal, whatever that turns out to be;
  2. no deal Brexit;
  3. cancel Article 50 and remain.

Which if Brexit is still as popular as you think would mean leave in one form or the other winning; after all how many Brexiteers would put remain as their second choice?

You Brexiteer lot are very fond of using the word 'democracy,' but when it comes to giving the people the final democratic choice are extremely reluctant to do so!

Edited by 7by7
Typo correction

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:55 AM, nontabury said:

But obviously you no longer beleive in Democracy, as you did in the few months after the people’s referendum. Otherwise you would still respect their decision, and support the implementation of that decision. 

As I say above:

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

You Brexiteer lot are very fond of using the word 'democracy,' but when it comes to giving the people the final democratic choice are extremely reluctant to do so!

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:37 AM, nontabury said:

Typical arrogance, to state that those who voted to leave,din’nt know the consequence, while those who voted to remain shackled to the E.U. Did.

That's not what I said; but typical spin from you!

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:37 AM, nontabury said:

What you should have stated is that.”Those of us in the U.K. are aware of the utterly biased reporting in the U.K establishment media”

In 2016 it was difficult for any media, pro Leave or pro Remain, to report on the Leaves campaign's plans for a post Brexit UK; for the simple reason that they didn't have any! Neither did they ever say what would happen if we left; other than untrue publicity stunts like Boris and his bus.

Of course, were you in the UK then and in the UK now you would know that the media here is roughly equally balanced between pro Brexit, pro Remain and independent. But even were you here you would almost certainly ignore that and continue to bleat about media bias because they don't always publish what you want them to.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:29 AM, rixalex said:

You need to read a little more carefully.

I asked you why it would be the "final choice". You have proceeded to explain what the choice would be. I already know that. You've already explained it.

The 2016 vote was supposed to settle the matter once and for all. The PM told us it was the "final choice" on many occasions before the vote. If you get your wish, and that vote was not the "final choice", why should we believe that another vote will be the "final choice"?

You only get to make that promise once with any meaning. Just as you only get to promise to implement whatever the public decides once. Don't bother making promises like that again, once you've broken them. The promises cease to have any meaning.

I have already answered this many times; so that you have yet again merely rephrased and repeated yourself in some pathetic point scoring exercise indicates that my repeating myself would be a waste of my time.

So in true Parliamentary fashion, I refer you to the answers I gave previously.

Edited by 7by7
Addendum

Just now, nauseus said:

And you remainer lot are too fond of reinterpreting the word "final".

The final and democratic vote was cast in 2016.

I could easily use that argument to say that the final democratic vote was cast in 1975! 

Any sane person would surely agree that the time to think again and possibly change one's mind is before the decision has been irrevocably acted upon, not after!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Wasn't the EU that called for Brexit, it was the British voters.  There were no promises of a good Brexit deal made by the EU, that was from the British Brexit campaigners.   But you think that the EU is to blame  ????????????

The biggest problem I see now is what on earth are we all going to find to bicker about after Brexit is finally over?

No. He is just a troll stirring the pot and is worth a visit to your ignore list.

• Like 1