After car hits Thai elephant, animal kills driver

GalaxyMan

My kind of an elephant. It should be given extra food for doing the right thing.

BANGKOK: A man was killed by a wild elephant after his speeding car hit the animal near a national park in northeastern Thailand, police said Thursday.

Police Lt. Col. Kemchat Paedkaew said the accident occurred at dusk Wednesday on a small road that has signs telling drivers to beware of wild animals that sometimes stray from Khao Yai National Park.

“Elephants don’t come out during the day but they start coming out when it gets dark,” Kemchat said.

He said the driver was not from the area and failed to slow down when he encountered the elephant. When the vehicle struck the elephant’s back legs, the animal responded by stomping on the car, destroying the engine and killing the driver.

Kemchat says up to two people are killed by elephants each year in areas surrounding the park. The elephant involved in the incident was guided back into the park and is being looked after by officials there, he said.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

My kind of an elephant. It should be given extra food for doing the right thing.

So let me understand, the driver made a mistake, and error of judgement and hit an animal, so for that he deserved to die? on what moral grounds or laws you justify and condone the death of a person just because he hit an animal?...

• Thanks 2