Nam H2o

I have rented my appartment in Pattaya for the last 5 years,I am here on an extension of stay based on retirment.Done my renewal using embassy letter TM30 and all relevant paperwork from landlord.Had a visit this morning from 2 IO officers from jomtien checking I was living at my stated address.I was not home when they came,the landlord spoke to them showed them my rental agreement,said all looks ok.Just wondering is this the norm or am I being singled out.

Regards

Nam H2o

15 minutes ago, NamH2O said:

Had a visit this morning from 2 IO officers from jomtien checking I was living at my stated address

It seems to be more and more "normal practice" that long term stayers get a visit from Immigration so no I don't think they are singling you out.

• Like 1

What happens if they come and nobody's home for repeated visits?  e.g.  I sometimes leave for two to three months at a time.  Do they care?  I live in a large condo, own my own unit, and I'm sure the front desk has no clue to my comings and goings.

Edited by wpcoe

55 minutes ago, NamH2O said:

Always done my extension in person,no agent involved.May have to use agent for next extension now UK Embassy have stopped income verification letters.

Plop 800k in Thai bank for 3 months prior to extension. Easy peasy. Then use it for next 9 months to live on. 

4 hours ago, NamH2O said:

Always done my extension in person,no agent involved.May have to use agent for next extension now UK Embassy have stopped income verification letters.

Thanks.  So far, I have not heard of a home-visit for an agent-submitted application - which is why I asked.  This may be one more bit of pressure to push more to agents. 

Home-visits do serve a legitimate purpose, but only if the selection includes agent-submitted applications, which is the more likely route for "bad guys" to obtain their extensions.