Thailand gets serious about plastic bags

webfact

9 minutes ago, ianwheldale said:

Went to 7-11 for a few cans of Leo yesterday and the young lady went straight for a plastic bag. I told her I didn't need one, thank you.

Former basketball player? Thinking of hand size.  555

Edited by Vacuum

On 12/4/2018 at 5:55 PM, HHTel said:

When I was growing up and was sent on 'errands' to the local grocer/butcher etc., I don't ever remember the shopkeeper giving out bags to hold your shopping.  No, I was sent holding one of my mother's shopping bags/baskets.  People today have become completely thoughtless in their shopping habits.  

Not sure how old Galactus is, but many on here are old enough to remember a world without plastic.

galactus here was born in an era plastic bags were more expensive than paper ones.

and as you have stated, before no shop owner put your purchases on bags and most expect you to bring your container or bag along with you.

we were going to fresh food market weekly and we were using special market bags - below - with wheels to put the stuff. good old days! now, we swim in plastics!

Shopping-Trolley-Bag.jpg

On 12/4/2018 at 12:10 PM, Orton Rd said:

paper has been made from re planted crops for over 50 years, if not for those crops there would be less carbon capturing forests.

The carbon that is captured is released into the atmosphere when a tree is processed. A young tree has not captured as much as a more mature tree.

So more carbon is contained if tree is not cut.