NZ tourist sexually assualted near Grand Palace, police say

snoop1130

NZ tourist sexually assualted near Grand Palace, police say

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

13152179541315221559l-696x403.jpg

A file photo of Wat Rachabophit.

BANGKOK — Police said Monday they’re hunting down a construction worker who allegedly assaulted a tourist from New Zealand in the vicinity of the Grand Palace last week.

The court Sunday approved an arrest warrant for Arnat Ukdee, 34, on the charge of rape, and police have alerted all border controls to be vigilant lest he attempts to flee the country, police spokesman Krissana Pattanacharoen told reporters.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/12/03/nz-tourist-sexually-assaulted-near-grand-palace-police-say/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-12-3

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Police seek arrest warrant for man suspected of raping New Zealand tourist in Bangkok

By Suriya Patathayo 
The Nation

2c086ecc40e26f8e8c939fa31454f8cf.jpeg

Police have applied for an arrest warrant for a man who allegedly lured a 29-year-old New Zealand tourist and raped her at an under-construction building opposite Wat Rajabophit in Bangkok’s Phra Nakhon district early on Saturday, police deputy spokesman Pol Colonel Krissana Patanacharoen said on Monday.

3347b951943af181e20204316c39e133.jpeg

The unnamed tourist, who was in shock and crying, was taken to file a rape complaint with police at Samranrat precinct at 3am on Saturday after she had fled the building and called for help from patrol police in the area of the nearby temple. 

The victim’s friend, who later showed up to testify at the police station, said they had been at a drinking party in the Khaosan Road area before the 29-year-old left with a man at around 2.30am, and was lured into the building where he then attacked her. 

Police forensic officers inspected the scene of the alleged assault, while the victim was sent for a medical examination in order to get results on which to build the case, Krissana said. 

Police identified the suspect after a team of investigators checked CCTV footage from cameras in the area and along the assailant’s escape route.

They notified related police agencies about the crime against a foreigner, as well informing the New Zealand Embassy.

Krissana said national police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda had instructed police investigators to probe the case speedily and carefully with a view to punishing the wrongdoer.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30359782

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-3

On a video shown on the news this morning the victim came across her in a drunk state and the accused took advantage of her being in that state, before she managed to escape and sound the alarm. From what could be seen on CCTV it is very unlikely she would have been able to give consent.

Drinking, drinking drinking .... and wondering around 2.30am .... we see it on this site time and time again .... it would be nice to live in a world were can do what we want to without being hassled but the facts are ... you can't ... wake up ladies for your own protection !

Wouldn't it be great if somehow, we could list all the rape incidents in Thailand over the past few years and hand out brochures or advertise in some manner to all tourist ladies entering Thailand ... I've seen posters of a similar nature for local Thai's involving kidnapping and Human Trafficking .... but I guess that's the last thing that the authorities would like to hang up in the airport immigration line up area

she is a rape victim or rather a victim of a change of mind ?

Sure … because we all know how much women like to have sex at construction sites. You need to recalibrate your thinking on these things. 

p.s. and even if she did "change her mind" after initial interest, she is perfectly within her rights to do so 

This TV string once more demonstrates the rigid new universal law of political correctness, that even the suggestion of any feminine misconduct cannot be tolerated. And the worst Feminazis seem to be male, who are probably eager to get that approving little pat on their empty little noggin from their significant other. Talk to most in the legal profession and be shocked at the high percentage of rape claims turn out to false.

Sure … because we all know how much women like to have sex at construction sites. You need to recalibrate your thinking on these things. 

p.s. and even if she did "change her mind" after initial interest, she is perfectly within her rights to do so 

Women like to have sex in many unusual places, as do men. 

There are creepy Thais hanging around Ko San Road, that is for sure. I had a thai guy follow me around, kept asking me what I was looking for, saying he had seen me walking around the street looking for something, and he could help me. He wouldn't leave me alone. I actually stopped an American guy and started chatting with him, pointing out the guy. I said that this was my friend and to leave me alone. He said, "that's not your friend. " It was a little scary.

I just wonder a tourist in a foreign land and drunk in a bar at around 2 am, going out with a stranger, what she is thinking would happen? Was she expecting more drinks? More fun in a hotel? What was going on her mind?

3 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

So I guess there's no such thing as date rape.  Go back to your cave neanderthal.

Yes, even going on a date with a guy that the girl already knows and has checked out can unfortunately lead to sexual assault and mooching off into the night, plastered, with one of the local lads she met on Khaosan is even more likely to go wrong and I don’t care how politically incorrect it is to say that girls need to take responsibility for their own safety as much as they can in these situations.... common sense really.

Archived