NZ tourist sexually assualted near Grand Palace, police say

snoop1130

45 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Until the facts are carved in stone anyone is entitled to speculate, rightly or wrongly.

BS, it degrades the victim, for no reason, except some dudes on here to get their jollies off. They wouldn't say these things if the victim was a friend/family member. Have you never heard of compassion.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Emster23 said:

No means no regardless of when she (or he) says it. Consenting to sex is not like signing up for cell phone service in USA. So I think "sick" is valid diagnosis

In a foreign country in places like khao san road, drinking party until 230, willingly alone with a local Thai, what would you think about the character of the woman? At age 29 she should not be naive and too trusting..especially if intoxicated and female. Asking for trouble indeed. So the poster questioning the state of mind of the victim at that moment is valid in my mind. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hansnl said:

It is, however, a valid question.

No, whether she is a rape victim or changed her mind is not a valid question as even is she changed her mind she would still be a rape victim, so the quesiton is just a feeble attempt at victim blaming and justifiying some types of rape, no validity in it at all.

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

There are creepy Thais hanging around Ko San Road, that is for sure. I had a thai guy follow me around, kept asking me what I was looking for, saying he had seen me walking around the street looking for something, and he could help me. He wouldn't leave me alone. I actually stopped an American guy and started chatting with him, pointing out the guy. I said that this was my friend and to leave me alone. He said, "that's not your friend. " It was a little scary.

Not creepy .. just sex predators in their hunting ground for victims. 

Khaosan is ripe for wayward intoxicated female tourists in the early morning hours... a bit like the western guys bar hopping looking for some action. 

1 hour ago, cyrus9 said:

I just wonder a tourist in a foreign land and drunk in a bar at around 2 am, going out with a stranger, what she is thinking would happen? Was she expecting more drinks? More fun in a hotel? What was going on her mind?

exciting sex

31 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

In a foreign country in places like khao san road, drinking party until 230, willingly alone with a local Thai, what would you think about the character of the woman? At age 29 she should not be naive and too trusting..especially if intoxicated and female. Asking for trouble indeed. So the poster questioning the state of mind of the victim at that moment is valid in my mind. 

Yep, if my daughter did that i would give her a long rant.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Emster23 said:

No means no regardless of when she (or he) says it. Consenting to sex is not like signing up for cell phone service in USA. So I think "sick" is valid diagnosis

And that is a great example of an attitude that's making a mockery of sex crime. No means no for sure. But there cannot be this yes and then no some time later. Women also have a responsibility, like not getting pissed, having casual sex, regretting it and then seeking to somehow put it right by claiming rape.

Not saying that's the case here. But the pendulum has swung ridiculously the other way now.

• Like 2

The victim’s friend, who later showed up to testify at the police station, said they had been at a drinking party in the Khaosan Road area before the 29-year-old left with a man at around 2.30am, and was lured into the building where he then attacked her. 

There is something not right in the above report, around 2.30am she left with alleged rapist, why left with him? Logically, there is something fishy here, perhaps change of mind. 

The victim’s friend, who later showed up to testify at the police station, said they had been at a drinking party in the Khaosan Road area before the 29-year-old left with a man at around 2.30am, and was lured into the building where he then attacked her. 

There is something not right in the above report, around 2.30am she left with alleged rapist, why left with him? Logically, there is something fishy here, perhaps change of mind. 

Perhaps the alleged rapist gave her some BS story.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They are always quick to go after foreigners but when my ten year daughter was approached by a thai man, trying to get her into his car by offering her a gift on condition she had to get into the car to receive it, the police did nothing. The 30 meter stretch of road where the incident took place has 4 visible cameras covering the road yet nothing has been done. This happened about 30 meters from my daughters school. When my daughter told the police it was a thai man, he pressed her if it was really a thai man and not a foreigner and when she said he was thai, he looked disappointed. I knew there and then it was the end of the matter. I haven't heard anymore about it and that was one month ago.

Its seems only foreigners commit crimes in Thailand.

Nobody actually knows what took place except the two parties involved, who almost certainly would give different versions of the this sad brief encounter.

So let's please let's all stop the virtue signalling and/or victim blaming. 

They are always quick to go after foreigners but when my ten year daughter was approached by a thai man, trying to get her into his car by offering her a gift on condition she had to get into the car to receive it, the police did nothing. The 30 meter stretch of road where the incident took place has 4 visible cameras covering the road yet nothing has been done. This happened about 30 meters from my daughters school. When my daughter told the police it was a thai man, he pressed her if it was really a thai man and not a foreigner and when she said he was thai, he looked disappointed. I knew there and then it was the end of the matter. I haven't heard anymore about it and that was one month ago.

Its seems only foreigners commit crimes in Thailand.

Yes, everyone knows there are no Thais in Thai prisons.

Sheesh...
  • Like 1

To be clear, as I said in a previous post, no means no.

That said, let’s not lose track of the fact that a man’s life is in the balance here.

If she has not been visibly beaten, it is her word against his, and she (apparently) did go with him willingly.