Is 90 day reporting needed if I stay for 93 days?

Sorry that it could be a stupid question. However, I note that reporting in person can be done between 15 days before and 7 days after the 90 day stay. If I will fly to another country on the 93th day, do I still need to do the 90 day reporting? Thanks.

4 hours ago, beleebala said:

do I still need to do the 90 day reporting

Strictly legal yes. But:

Departure immigration will not care/check about 90 day report.

On return your 90 day period starts again with day 1.

I can't remember having seen reports about being fined retroactive for the missed 90 day report before departure.

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 hours ago, beleebala said:

Sorry that it could be a stupid question. However, I note that reporting in person can be done between 15 days before and 7 days after the 90 day stay. If I will fly to another country on the 93th day, do I still need to do the 90 day reporting? Thanks.

The fifteen days before and seven days after is the window you have to make the report, it doesn't change the fact that you're supposed to do a report any time you are in the country for 90 days.

That said, if you are leaving Thailand permanently, there will be no problem. Immigrations at the airports or borders do not check 90 days reports.

If you are returning to Thailand and will at some time be applying for or renewing an extension or doing a future 90 day report, there's a small chance that an immigrations officer will notice that you had been in the country for more than 90 days without doing a report. Not a big risk and may go unnoticed.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

An now I hope that I understand the OP correct and is not mixing up with overstay?

Could you please explain on what condition you stay (one year extension?).

Since he mentioned the 15 days before and 7 days after, he's probably referring to the 90 day report, although you are correct ... some people do confuse reports with over stays.

I was going to Laos 2 days after my 90 day was due and my agent told me that is in the 7 day window., so don't have to do that report. When you re-enter Thailand you will have to report 90 days after arival. I did not have a problem.

27 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Since he mentioned the 15 days before and 7 days after, he's probably referring to the 90 day report, although you are correct ... some people do confuse reports with over stays.

Could be a few ways that are prompting his question so yes we need to know Visa type or extension of stay.

I was going to ask UJ this privately on a later occasion but this post seems relevant...

My next 90 day is 18th Feb and my Non OA extension due on 28th Feb; do I still have to do the 90 day, bearing in mind how close it is to the extension?

8 minutes ago, Bogbrush said:

I was going to ask UJ this privately on a later occasion but this post seems relevant...

My next 90 day is 18th Feb and my Non OA extension due on 28th Feb; do I still have to do the 90 day, bearing in mind how close it is to the extension?

You will have to do the 90 day report. It does not matter that your extension is due shortly after the day your report is due.

You can do you do your 90 day report up to 15 days early and your extension up to 30 days early. You could do the 90 day report and your extension of stay application on the same day if you timed it right.

• 2 weeks later...