If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about you guys, but this has been troubling me for some time

There's a song, I'm sure you all know it well, but I'd misremembered it as

"You don't love me any more now"

Anyway, Google is your friend, if not your best mate, and brought me up with 

which is all very well, but if I wanted disco I'd go back to the Seventies.

which is a bit more radical.

But THIS is what I was looking for!

The best of all worlds.  Seek and ye shall find.  It's like the New Seekers, but I'm not going to post a link

I'm going to wax a little philosophical, for a moment, if you'll bear with me.

I've been listening to a lot of old Kinks stuff (you can find that for yourself, it's all good), and probably my favourite punk band would be The Members.  In both cases, bands of great musicians, but particularly The Members could turn their hand to any genre, but their lyrics stood out amongst their peers as more thoughtful, with a particularly British sense of irony.

Anyway, check out THe Members (if I can say that on the public internet); listen to the lyrics, and listen to a few of their songs for the diversity.

Pete from Sids reckoned he went to see them last time he was back in Blighty, but I have my doubts - I think he's losing it; despite his looks, he reckons he's younger than me, and while I admit that might have been true when we first met, it seems unlikely now he's seven years older.

Sorry, lads

This takes me back, to back in the day, when I was Kaiser Bill's Batman

THose were the days, my friend, pogoing down the front in my long black coat with the flat-tops doing their armthrashing dance in their white tee-shirts.  You're only young once, and lucky if you can remember it, though less lucky if that's all you remember.

Archived