Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music (2018)

CharlieH

2 hours ago, bannork said:

You paid me back quickly, bannork.  Never heard that Johnny Cash rendition of Solitary Man.  Fantastic!

San Quentin live prison show from 24 February '69.  Yeah, I'm sure he didn't endear himself to the guards.  The prisoners obviously loved it, though.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bannork said:

Thanks for that superb Fotheringay video, Tippers. Superb stuff.

Truth be told I was myself wowed by that one when I came across it.  I was listening to music while I worked and when that came on it broke my concentration on work and made me take pause.

Sandy on Fotheringay with Richard Thompson on guitar.  The song she took the name from.

Crosby, Stills and Nash performing Woodstock.  Some very nice footage showing the construction of the stage and other nostalgic images of hippiedom from the days when all of us old farts were long-haired, pot smokin', acid dropping, bell bottom wearing, free lovin' freaks who now find themselves at the end of the hippie trail.  Coincidence that we're here now?

The Hippie Trail.jpg

Kinks with Tired Of Waiting For You off of their '65 Kinda Kinks LP.  Funny, I remember when our family moved back to Germany in '66.  Someone had carved "KINKS" on the desk I had in school.  Well, I immediately assumed some little German kid who had failed his English class misspelt "KINGS."  I promptly corrected it.  Duh, was i stoopid.

Archived