Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/16/2019 at 11:39 AM, Old Croc said:

Another one,

"Ric Ocasek, the songwriter and lead singer for The Cars, was found dead Sunday afternoon at his town house in Manhattan, according to the New York Police Department. No cause of death was provided. He was 75."

LOL, Old Croc's obviously been spending time reading the obituary columns.  Just joking OC, and thanks for bringing it up here.

Paying tribute to The Cars could take all day.  Fantastic band.  This will get into the 80's but necessary to pay a full tribute.

Just What I Needed off of their '78 self-titled debut.

Wooo hoooo!!  Just found out all of my jobs for the past 3 months are all being scrapped do to engineering changes!!!!  Gotta love the automotive business.  Money for nothin'!!  I'm officially on holiday until the new changes are sorted.  Though it's only 8 in the morn this news makes me seriously consider crackin' a beer.  And it's Friday to boot!!  New theme.

Holidays In The Sun live from the Sex Pistols' '77 Never Mind the B-o-l-l-o-c-k-s, Here's the Sex Pistols debut.

The timing of this blows me away.  I'm 3 days away from completing this 3-1/2 month long project.  I told my customer that I may as well stop right now and he told me to go ahead and finish because it's free money at this point.  LOL  And people wonder why cars are so expensive.

The Kinks with Holiday Romance off of their '75 Soap Opera LP.

On 9/17/2019 at 5:42 PM, bannork said:

On 9/17/2019 at 7:55 PM, bannork said:

Far out fellow freaks, but Ultimate Tom Yam Kung would have been a more, how can we say? exotic, name.

I cautioned you about eating those eggs, bannork.  My warning obviously went unheeded.

More music for your chickens, bannork.  I don't know why I'm egging you on (har, har, har).

Can with Mother Sky from their '70 Soundtracks LP.

BTW, the Procol Harum tune was wonderful.

Archived