Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/9/2019 at 8:17 PM, bannork said:

Sorry Tippers, I've been very busy with a large expansion of the farm, going fully organic and integrating the chickens, ducks, buffaloes, fish, vegetables, fruit trees and crops to the greatest extent possible. Hopefully it will be all sorted by next June! The seed planting ain't finished.

One topic I'm still mulling over is which music most inspires chickens and ducks to lay eggs, trees to produce fruit and fish to grow fast?

At least I think I've found the answer to the last category.

A farmer!!  I see . . .   So apart from seeding future generations what everyone wants to know now is how many acres of herb had you planted back then, bannork, a.k.a. Farmer Brown?

Black Sabbath's live Sweet Leaf performed at the Hardrock in Manchester, England on March 11, '73.  The rumour mill has it that the song was inspired by Sabbath's visit to bannork's 'farm."

A bit of musical history.  The precursor to The Allman Brothers Band, The Hourglass on a tune written by Jackson Browne, Cast Off All My Fears, off of their '67 self-titled debut.  Perusing a local record store I had bought this LP many years later hoping that there might be some early southern rock gold in it.  Alas, it was the typical mid-sixties fare.

Just ran across this on YT.  I've always been a great fan of Leon Russell.  The guy had just an astounding, phenomenal career both as perhaps the foremost session musician ever and headline artist, working with such a diverse array of other musicians it would blow your mind.  Elton John reads a partial list during the induction.  Felt bad that he faded away to obscurity, largely forgotten, until Elton John revitalized his career.  Fitting that Elton inducted him.  Leon died back in 2016.

Leon Russell & Friends performing A Song For You from the '71 Hollywood sessions.  Simply beautiful.

A bit of Allman Bros. / Jackson Browne history.  While this performance is from 2011 the history discussed in the vid makes it appropriate.  Beautiful performance by both Gregg and Jackson on one of Browne's sweetest tunes, These Days.  Love the steel guitar.

Archived