What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

Just found this broadcast by ITV, seems fair enough although I haven't watched it yet.

https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/a-confession-cast-itv-tv-series-martin-freeman-true-story/
IMG_20190903_052701.thumb.png.3afcf2ede2b6cb94f27fcbb9744cecca.png
I will give it a go. Sounds like a similar format to Manhunt with Martin Clunes, which I enjoyed.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this one, I've just downloaded season 1 (8 episodes) which came out last week.

From IMDb: "A human detective and a fairy rekindle a dangerous affair in a Victorian fantasy world, where the city's uneasy peace collapses when a string of murders reveals an unimaginable monster."

Another review site describes it as "Sherlock Holmes meets Tinker Bell in gritty, sexy fantasy"

On 9/1/2019 at 7:28 PM, Will27 said:

Darkness: Those Who Kill

Enjoyed the first episode of this new show.
Episodes 1 and 2 are available.

Summary: Investigator Jan and profiler Louise constantly move around in the thrilling periphery of a murderer's

view as they link a series of killings.

I wonder if this is a remake of the danish those who kill (den som draeber)...that was a cracker.

In other news saw two gems.

Gutland: a German flic about a con on the run after a heist

The Cakemaker...in Hebrew, English and German....a German baker has an affair with a Israeli married man who later dies. He then visits the widow in Berlin and doesn't identify himself...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I wonder if this is a remake of the danish those who kill (den som draeber)...that was a cracker.

In other news saw two gems.

Gutland: a German flic about a con on the run after a heist

The Cakemaker...in Hebrew, English and German....a German baker has an affair with a Israeli married man who later dies. He then visits the widow in Berlin and doesn't identify himself...

Don't think it's a remake.

Pretty sure it's season 2.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 10:24 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Who said I was bored? The biggest joke in the movies was based on reindeer meat. But being non Skandi it didn't come off. Well not for me it didn't.

Sorry OT... 

I remember visiting a company in Stockholm, for lunch they took us to the Exec Canteen & served us Reindeer meat

I said "You can't eat Reindeer Meet"

My host replied "Why Not"

I replied "Because it's Christmas"... Well it was December 20th so I wasn't about to eat Rudolf... 

Sorry back to Topic, I tried Carnival Row & fell asleep 1/2 way through Episode 1 which seemed to be a "Who Done It" type story line & woke up to a Civil War movie or something (I was watching it on Amazon Prime so the next episode automatically plays & I must have slept through 2.5 episodes).

Story line did sound interesting so will give it another whirl if it gets enough thumbs up on here ???? 

• Like 1

Hoping someone can help with a subs problem... English subtitles work fine from subscene.com but whenever I try Thai subtitles it always displays subs in an unknown language.

Yes, I’ve changed (& saved)the filter from “English” to “Thai” each time. The downloaded file name even says it’s a Thai subtitle.

5 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I've been taking a look at pre-code Hollywood films that I haven't seen or haven't seen for some time. A good list to start here: http://pre-code.com/my-list-of-essential-pre-code-hollywood-films/

I was going to ask what pre-code is until I saw that there was an explanation in your link. Then I learned a new word, miscegenation. Apparently I am a miscegenationist, who'da thunk it?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

I was going to ask what pre-code is until I saw that there was an explanation in your link. Then I learned a new word, miscegenation. Apparently I am a miscegenationist, who'da thunk it?

Pre-code is a real eye opener for someone my age (57). Took Hollywood 30-40 years to revisit controversial topics, or even reflect reality in film the way it was from 1928 thru 1933-ish.

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 1

Just finished Brassic, and understood all the dialogue as I did for Peterloo, good but a bit too long, could have done it all in 90 minutes, and Darkest Hour was enjoyable for Gary's acting.

Pennyworth is next on the list.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 2

"Young, Dumb and Banged Up in the Sun"

I got mine from Tvchaos but so far only Episode 1-4. Hopefully the rest will follow.

Trying to be helpful I put out the pirate link for those who don't use Tvchaos but now see they don't have many seeders.  Pirate ............../search/Young, Dumb and Banged Up in the Sun/0/99/0

Seems 1337X has also has it but only Episodes 1-5.

:wink:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daffy D said:

I got mine from Tvchaos but so far only Episode 1-4. Hopefully the rest will follow.

Trying to be helpful I put out the pirate link for those who don't use Tvchaos but now see they don't have many seeders.  Pirate ............../search/Young, Dumb and Banged Up in the Sun/0/99/0

You actually said Series 1-6 when you probably meant episodes.

Saw the film Yesterday ... er ... yesterday. As a tribute to Beatles music it is well worth seeing, though the romcom element is a little cloying as you might expect from a Richard Curtis script. Danny Boyle directs and Himesh Patel is a very engaging lead. Ed Sheeran appears as himself and is not too obtrusive. There is a lovely cameo from Sarah Lancashire who will be familiar to Brits.

Of the 3 recent UK rock icon movies, it is better than Rocket Man, but not as good as Bohemian Rhapsody.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daffy D said:

Tvchaos?