The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

If Barca still insist on the 700m, then no club can afford it. I personally can't see a deal getting over the line. I would love him at City and to be fair, I would love it if any PL club got him. It would be pretty special having him play in the PL week-in, week-out. IMO of course

I reckon he would get twatted off the park a fair bit...

Edited by BangrakBob

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

10 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I reckon he would get twatted off the park a fair bit...

Doesn't seem to miss too many games through injury. I think refs will look after him and I am OK with that, he seems pretty honest.

• Like 1

I see the horrendous City 3rd kit I previewed a few pages ago has now been confirmed by the Premier League; not all my predictions are skew whiff.

As awful as it is, City fans can take solace from the fact that the Wolves away kit is even worse. 

images.jpeg

wolves-20-21-away-kit-6.jpg

Edited by champers
Pics added

There's a great article on The Athletic this week about City's kits. The crux of it was that City and our kit manufacturer (Nike before, Puma now) know exactly what's popular with City fans (traditional blue home kit, red and black stripes away kit), but that's what's popular with the over 30s, whereas the kit designers go for the kiddies market and the younger crowd with the 2nd and 3rd strips, consequently last season's kit below was a very popular seller.

City's away kit for this season (the black one design based on Castlegate) is drawing loads of plaudits.

So Champers, seems you and me are not the market they design kits  for.

images (15).jpeg

15 hours ago, champers said:

Doesn't seem to miss too many games through injury. I think refs will look after him and I am OK with that, he seems pretty honest.

Messi has been kicked his whole career in La Liga. Maybe not as much as Maradona did but he still gets some rough treatment. Make no mistake he is a tough little <deleted>.

I think most football fans would like to see him go to Juve and link up with Ronaldo. Doesn't look like it though.

Just now, Kadilo said:

Why?

The intrigue of two all time greats playing together. And having to put their egos aside and work with each other.

Plus obviously some of us would prefer he didn't got to another PL club if it isn't our own. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

The intrigue of two all time greats playing together. And having to put their egos aside and work with each other.

Plus obviously some of us would prefer he didn't got to another PL club if it isn't our own. 

Breaking news .... didn't see that coming.

EgUZFLbXYAA4GJ7.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

As you say it would never happen. 

Appreciate my lot are not title contenders so has little effect on me him playing for another team. Personally I think it would be a tragic shame if we never saw the worlds greatest footballer ever not to grace our league. 
Im happy to forgo a potential whipping for that to happen. ( happens anyway with him or without ????)

21 hours ago, champers said:

I see the horrendous City 3rd kit I previewed a few pages ago has now been confirmed by the Premier League; not all my predictions are skew whiff.

As awful as it is, City fans can take solace from the fact that the Wolves away kit is even worse. 

I still think it's horrendous and I have let the City forums know ???? 

I agree with BredB that it may be targetted at the younger generation as a few of my mates children like it but us old codgers hate it (not only dislike a little but hate)  . I reckon it will be our worst selling kit ever. If not, I am going to go on a fashion course for style retraining and focusing

22 hours ago, champers said:

images.jpeg

wolves-20-21-away-kit-6.jpg

Has that top shirt got corona virus built in?

18 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

images.jpeg

Design worst shirt in history?........check!

Sign Messi........Check

Sell biggest selling shirt in history!.........check

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I still think it's horrendous and I have let the City forums know ???? 

I agree with BredB that it may be targetted at the younger generation as a few of my mates children like it but us old codgers hate it (not only dislike a little but hate)  . I reckon it will be our worst selling kit ever. If not, I am going to go on a fashion course for style retraining and focusing

It will quickly become iconic depending on how well you do in it.

United had several questionable kit designs in the 90s but I love all of them... With the possible exception of that grey one.

44 minutes ago, wilai said:

Design worst shirt in history?........check!

Sign Messi........Check

Sell biggest selling shirt in history!.........check

I think the worst City shirt ever but not really the worst in all history of all clubs.

If Messi does come, it won't be that shirt that the supporters put his name on. The home kit is growing on me although definitely not  one of my favourite home kits but the first away kit is nice. I reckon that'll be a big seller

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

It will quickly become iconic depending on how well you do in it.

United had several questionable kit designs in the 90s but I love all of them... With the possible exception of that grey one.

Nah. I think it's on par with your old grey one. In fact, I think the colour will make it hard for players to see each other in the same way yours did